K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
Hi,
I'm considering hanging myself with rope in the middle of a forest from a tree, in a few days what are the success rates and is there anything I can do to guarantee death? Thanks

D

Daryl72

Student
Mar 12, 2024
i wish I were brave enough to even attempt hanging. As desperate as I am now to die, I thought I could attempt almost anything , but I don't know if I could pull that one off. The success rate varies, but I assume it's how you set up the noose and your ability to withstand the urge to survive will make all the difference.

Reactions: Trakehner and kinderbueno
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
i wish I were brave enough to even attempt hanging. As desperate as I am now to die, I thought I could attempt almost anything , but I don't know if I could pull that one off. The success rate varies, but I assume it's how you set up the noose and your ability to withstand the urge to survive will make all the difference.
I'm lucky to live near a forest and I failed shallow water blackout so this is my only other option tbh
I really want to die but I'm worried my survival instincts will kick in so I need to suppress those

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If you do hanging right, the success rate is 100%.

Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, LostinTime24, redeeming_butterfly and 1 other person
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024

Thank you this is so useful especially the first link :)

• Hugs
Reactions: redeeming_butterfly and Praestat_Mori
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
There is a lot of good infirmation on here. Ask questions!

Reactions: redeeming_butterfly, Praestat_Mori and kinderbueno
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
If you use the right knots and it is full suspension the success rate is 100%

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, redeeming_butterfly and kinderbueno
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
There is a lot of good infirmation on here. Ask questions!
How do I overcome natural instincts? Also would hand sanitiser make a good lubrication for the rope instead of soap

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Use a better rope.

Reactions: ghost7780 and Praestat_Mori
B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
The pre-spliced dock line rope is an absolute godsend.

Scouted out some locations today, and it ties smoothly. No need to anchor knot.

Somewhat strangely, dozens of crows descended on me, flew really close, made an absolute racket. Spooked me the hell out.

In short, watch out for crows. Those fuckers are smart, probably knew exactly what was going on šŸ˜‰
Vaseline is probably a better choice for the lubricant, I'd wager.

Reactions: Worndown and kinderbueno
redeeming_butterfly

redeeming_butterfly

Life is no more beautiful than its cruelest suffer
May 15, 2024

I am also interested in full suspension on a tree as a plan b. I had already considered it 9 years ago. I was standing in the forest, the rope was attached, but I didn't do it after all.
Can you do full suspension with a guarantee that you won't break your neck?
And a second question pls. How would you rate the chances of success of partial if full suspension is 100%?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Can you do full suspension with a guarantee that you won't break your neck?

To break your neck you have to do long drop with a hangman knot. This is difficult. That's y people do it with full suspension (short drop / no drop) and with a noose that tightens and constricts the arteries. You won't break your neck this way and you will pass out within less than 15-30 seconds.

And a second question pls. How would you rate the chances of success of partial if full suspension is 100%?

I have no figures but I don't remember a single GBT thread where someone succeeded partial here. I heard of people failing it many times. Partial itself is a reliable method but imo difficult to get done right.

Full: Once the chair is kicked away there's no way back.

Here's some more info about hanging:

Last edited:
Reactions: Worndown, kinderbueno and redeeming_butterfly
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
The pre-spliced dock line rope is an absolute godsend.

Scouted out some locations today, and it ties smoothly. No need to anchor knot.

Somewhat strangely, dozens of crows descended on me, flew really close, made an absolute racket. Spooked me the hell out.

In short, watch out for crows. Those fuckers are smart, probably knew exactly what was going on šŸ˜‰
Vaseline is probably a better choice for the lubricant, I'd wager.
Okay thank you :)

K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
if you don't mind me asking, does anyone know what the police will do when they first find my body? I have some letters for people and I want to make sure they're recieved (I'm in the UK btw)

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
First you have to find a forest where nobody will disturb you. Than you have to find a tree with a sturdy branche in a suitable high. Low enough to fix the rope and high enough that your feet will not touch the ground. You have to carry something like a ladder with you.

When the rope with the noose is attached to the branche, you have to test the stability of your set up as follows. Put a stick in the noose, pull the noose tight, grap the stick and make some chin ups. In the up position your feet should not touch the ground, otherwise you end in a partial hanging.
A partial hanging involves the risk, that you stand up when your SI kicks in.

20210310 111527

This is my haging tree. I only have to overcome the fear that I could still miss something good in my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: redeeming_butterfly and kinderbueno
K

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
First you have to find a forest where nobody will disturb you. Than you have to find a tree with a sturdy branche in a suitable high. Low enough to fix the rope and high enough that your feet will not touch the ground. You have to carry something like a ladder with you.

When the rope with the noose is attached to the branche, you have to test the stability of your set up as follows. Put a stick in the noose, pull the noose tight, grap the stick and make some chin ups. In the up position your feet should not touch the ground, otherwise you end in a partial hanging.
A partial hanging involves the risk, that you stand up when your SI kicks in.

View attachment 143627

This is my haging tree. I only have to overcome the fear that I could still miss something good in my life.
Oh wow this is so helpful thank you! I wouldn't be able to carry a ladder as it would look too suspicious so I was thinking of using a small folding step stool instead. Would this be alright?

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Oh wow this is so helpful thank you! I wouldn't be able to carry a ladder as it would look too suspicious so I was thinking of using a small folding step stool instead. Would this be alright?
Of course, I found a tree stump.

• Hugs
Reactions: kinderbueno