• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
So ive pretty much decided on hanging, but thought I'd see if I could get the carotid out of curiousity. I only used a neck warmer, was in the kitchen, folded it up so it was pretty rope like, twisted it once and pulled hard with each hand.

Well I think I certainly hit the carotid, only after about 5 seconds I felt myself disappearing, let go, then kinda had a a mini 'seizure'. Was stood up at the time, after I let go, my body started jerking, I could kind of see what was going on, I felt very confused inside my head, almost having normal thoughts, but barely realising that was fitting, I didn't fall to the floor, but I certainly had no control over what was happening.

I guess you will really know if you manage to get the carotid or not.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, fister, Pupuce and 14 others
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
So ive pretty much decided on hanging, but thought I'd see if I could get the carotid out of curiousity. I only used a neck warmer, was in the kitchen, folded it up so it was pretty rope like, twisted it once and pulled hard with each hand.

Well I think I certainly hit the carotid, only after about 5 seconds I felt myself disappearing, let go, then kinda had a a mini 'seizure'. Was stood up at the time, after I let go, my body started jerking, I could kind of see what was going on, I felt very confused inside my head, almost having normal thoughts, but barely realising that was fitting, I didn't fall to the floor, but I certainly had no control over what was happening.

I guess you will really know if you manage to get the carotid or not.

I'm not wanting to try hanging but I do want to use a tourniquet. I've practiced a few times but only came close to passing out once, when I freaked out and stopped. I wish I had kept going. Oh well; I'll keep practicing.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, LifeIsACurse, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
BurningLights

BurningLights

Jul 2, 2018
I'm not wanting to try hanging but I do want to use a tourniquet. I've practiced a few times but only came close to passing out once, when I freaked out and stopped. I wish I had kept going. Oh well; I'll keep practicing.
Yeah it was a really weird sensation, I've tried a couple times since, and just filled my head with blood. I must of gotten lucky. It's quite intense, did you find it come on quickly?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Yeah it was a really weird sensation, I've tried a couple times since, and just filled my head with blood. I must of gotten lucky. It's quite intense, did you find it come on quickly?

Yes; it came on very quickly. I really wish I hadn't stopped.

BurningLights

BurningLights

Jul 2, 2018
Yes; it came on very quickly. I really wish I hadn't stopped.
It's nice to know what it's like though, knowing what it is so we don't stop next time. It's just getting it right again.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and thickwing
skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
How do people manage to find it so easily? I've tried numerous times and I never feel close to passing aout at all

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, LivingToLong and thickwing
BurningLights

BurningLights

Jul 2, 2018
How do people manage to find it so easily? I've tried numerous times and I never feel close to passing aout at all
Honestly, I think it was luck, tried a few times since and can't get it. Maybe standing has something to with, having your neck completely upright.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, thickwing and skitliv
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
I've done it once with a rope.
I "lost" totally my legs and fell to the floor panting and drooling for a while, but sincerely I didn't feel like passing out (losing consciouness), but I'm sure I hit a sweet spot.

Reactions: ghoulish.fool
W

whatsthepoint

Jul 17, 2018
I've thought of trying hanging, but the idea of failing and ending up paralyzed or brain-dead really scares me, since I'm already enough of a burden on my parents as it is. So that makes me hesitant about trying that method. As of right now, I'm leaning more towards poisoning myself, and I'm trying to educate myself on how to do that, especially with plants.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, thickwing and ghoulish.fool
BurningLights

BurningLights

Jul 2, 2018
I've thought of trying hanging, but the idea of failing and ending up paralyzed or brain-dead really scares me, since I'm already enough of a burden on my parents as it is. So that makes me hesitant about trying that method. As of right now, I'm leaning more towards poisoning myself, and I'm trying to educate myself on how to do that, especially with plants.
Kinda in the same boat, I don't want to hang myself but really I have no other choice. Plant poisoning seems interesting.

BurningLights

BurningLights

Jul 2, 2018
I've done it once with a rope.
I "lost" totally my legs and fell to the floor panting and drooling for a while, but sincerely I didn't feel like passing out (losing consciouness), but I'm sure I hit a sweet spot.
Sounds like it, do you think it was more from choking, the panting and drooling?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
I tried killing myself by ligature strangulation and partial suspension, but I could never pass out instead it was just really painful and my head felt like it was going to explode.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
BurningLights

BurningLights

Jul 2, 2018
I tried killing myself by ligature strangulation and partial suspension, but I could never pass out instead it was just really painful and my head felt like it was going to explode.
That means your not getting the carotid, had this while trying again, you feel the blood filling your head up, but because you blocked the wrong artery it can't let the blood flow out of your head, not how you wanna go.

Reactions: Orbitc, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Atzay
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
Sounds like it, do you think it was more from choking, the panting and drooling?

Dunno, I don't think I chocked myself actually, maybe I've hit the famous carotid sinus.
I was actually pretty drunk and exhausted by two hours of "playing" with the noose.

I like your Joe's pic.
If I had been a few years older, I would have seen The Clash playing in their prime in the stadium of my hometown, unfortunately 13 yrs old me wast still playing with toy soldiers at that time.

Reactions: lv-gras
BurningLights

BurningLights

Jul 2, 2018
Dunno, I don't think I chocked myself actually, maybe I've hit the famous carotid sinus.
I was actually pretty drunk and exhausted by two hours of "playing" with the noose.

I like your Joe's pic.
If I had been a few years older, I would have seen The Clash playing in their prime in the stadium of my hometown, unfortunately 13 yrs old me wast still playing with toy soldiers at that time.
You can certainly lost in time when experimenting.
I wasn't even born when they broke up, but when I discovered them I instantly fell in love, I searched high and low for everything they done, getting bootlegs and all-sorts, but became a massive fan of Joe himself. Still my favourite person in music to this day.

Reactions: Soul and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

JeSuisMalade

Jul 13, 2019
I don't feel as if I'm having much luck with my experiments, but my experiments may be rhe problem.

Question: Would taking diuretics perhaps help to make the neck slightly thinner to help get more pressure on the artery? I have a prescription diuretic, OTC Diurex, and some CVS herbal water pills.

NoDream

NoDream

Student
Mar 27, 2018
I don't feel as if I'm having much luck with my experiments, but my experiments may be rhe problem.

Question: Would taking diuretics perhaps help to make the neck slightly thinner to help get more pressure on the artery? I have a prescription diuretic, OTC Diurex, and some CVS herbal water pills.

No, you should feel them anyway, and once you have found them its easier the next time. They are pulsating hard.
Look at the pictures in the Night-Night tread.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-night-night-method-mega-thread.6834/

F

Funkbunny

Student
Nov 18, 2018
Certainly going to be my method. If you take the time to practice, you find it soon enough. Actually a nice feeling!

Reactions: Charlielodge and NoDream
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
:'(Its very strange when old threads are brought forward again after a member has passed.
For a moment i had hoped and thought@BurningLights had not passed and was back.what a disapointment!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: lifeisbutadream, Soul, Deleted member 4288 and 1 other person
Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Jul 10, 2019
I tried this with a bungee cord wrapped twice around my neck. It sounds like a silly method but it worked very well. It's how I plan to go when I do. The feeling is much more peaceful than a lot of other methods might be; the lack of oxygen has both a physical and psychological anesthetic effect. The seizures are alarming, but I think that's a small price to pay. My only issue with it is that I would momentarily regain consciousness in intervals and SI would kick in while being barely in control of my body.

Reactions: Soul and NoDream
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Kinda in the same boat, I don't want to hang myself but really I have no other choice. Plant poisoning seems interesting.

Are you hanging yourself standing up or on your knees? If you do it hanging on your knees in a correct way you will pass out, almost faster than asleep, just press down hard for a few seconds than you pass out faster than you can react to it. I get not wanting to hang yourself, something like sodium aizide to my knowledge is pretty much guaranteed to killed you but hanging would be more pleasant. Keep in mind though you can back off of Aizide(you can legally buy it for like $8) Even if you took a high dosage in a hospital you would still probably die.

Reactions: Orbitc
I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
hmm what about the character in "into the wild?" he dies of some kind of poisoning
I tried this with a bungee cord wrapped twice around my neck. It sounds like a silly method but it worked very well. It's how I plan to go when I do. The feeling is much more peaceful than a lot of other methods might be; the lack of oxygen has both a physical and psychological anesthetic effect. The seizures are alarming, but I think that's a small price to pay. My only issue with it is that I would momentarily regain consciousness in intervals and SI would kick in while being barely in control of my body.
idk, seizures don't sound too peaceful

Last edited:
Charlielodge

Charlielodge

Jul 14, 2019
Anyone any diagrams on the carotid and how it's best to locate it?

L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
:'(Its very strange when old threads are brought forward again after a member has passed.
For a moment i had hoped and thought@BurningLights had not passed and was back.what a disapointment!

Oh i see, those posts were from one year ago.

Reactions: Lara Francis