M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
I had marked SN off my list of options due to the other meds you have to take in preparation. But now I'm wondering if sublingual administration would get it into the bloodstream faster and in enough quantity to ctb. Any thoughts?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry you're contemplating such things, but ... How do you picture administering it? A tablespoonful of powder is not going to be too comfortable; but if you mean a solution of water and SN I don't see how it would stay sublingual for long enough to make a difference.

M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
I was thinking powder + tiny amount of water to help it dissolve. I guess if it would still take a few grams of sn, thats a lot to hold in your mouth until it dissolves fully.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I had marked SN off my list of options due to the other meds you have to take in preparation. But now I'm wondering if sublingual administration would get it into the bloodstream faster and in enough quantity to ctb. Any thoughts?

iu
Do remember that the other meds are technically an optional part of the SN protocol
(although personally I would still recommend the antiemetic at least).

I'm not a chemist, but I reckon SN (being a salt) would be very painful when held for a long time against the mucus membranes of the mouth, irrespective of whether absorption actually worked via this method. Someone like @Quarky00 or @Aap could advise better on this though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red and Saed
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
I was thinking powder + tiny amount of water to help it dissolve. I guess if it would still take a few grams of sn, thats a lot to hold in your mouth until it dissolves fully.
That sounds like it'd deeply prolong the unpleasantness of taking it,tbh.

Reactions: Isadeth and autumnal
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
One could not remotely get enough to ctb via this method.

Reactions: autumnal
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sodium-nitirite-enema.3079/

Found this if it's an option for you. I've read it can be taken without the other meds orally. But I wouldn't recommend sublingual.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sodium-nitirite-enema.3079/

Found this if it's an option for you. I've read it can be taken without the other meds orally. But I wouldn't recommend sublingual.

iu
I've definitely read advice from @Quarky00 that SN via enema is not recommended.

Reactions: Saed and Isadeth
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it either. Sublingual sounds just as awful.

Reactions: autumnal and Saed
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
One would fall unconscious and lose the mouthfull

Last edited:
Reactions: Isadeth
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
no it wouldn't get that far. I type this only because I know someone will read this and ask if duct tape could prevent that from happening.

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00, Soul, morningdew and 2 others
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
no it wouldn't get that far. I type this only because I know someone will read this and ask if duct tape could prevent that from happening.

Baha, we've clearly been around this forum too long when you can predict this kind of thing! :))

P.S. Kay @Aap well if u r so smartz..wat about using teh MASKING tape? Cos clearly that is a hole different kind of tape, so cAn tHiS worK?! :))

Last edited:
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
IMO the best way to succeed in ctb is keep it simple and stick to the tried and tested methods suggested in the guide.

Reactions: Quarky00 and autumnal
M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019

Good one! That made me laugh. I did feel like one of those people asking a somewhat silly question. I appreciate the feedback from all

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00, autumnal and Soul
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Good one! That made me laugh. I did feel like one of those people asking a somewhat silly question. I appreciate the feedback from all

Don't worry, your question really isn't silly at all, especially compared to a lot of the ones that normally come up! :))

They say the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, although I would extend that to also include questions which are covered in the relevant guides. Which I believe sublingual absorption isn't.

BTW, did you see my earlier response about the other SN medications being technically optional?

M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
Don't worry, your question really isn't silly at all, especially compared to a lot of the ones that normally come up! :))

They say the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, although I would extend that to also include questions which are covered in the relevant guides. Which I believe sublingual absorption isn't.

BTW, did you see my earlier response about the other SN medications being technically optional?
Yep, saw your post. Sure, it's technically optional. SN is also technically optional. A meteorite could kill you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Yep, saw your post. Sure, it's technically optional. SN is also technically optional. A meteorite could kill you.

I meant you were ruling it out because it needed additional medications, but those are optional so does that possibly rule it back in for you (although not sublingually)?

M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
I meant you were ruling it out because it needed additional medications, but those are optional so does that possibly rule it back in for you (although not sublingually)?
not taking the other meds most likely will lower your odds of success.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
not taking the other meds most likely will lower your odds of success.

Have you read both the PPH and Stan's Guide? Those two resources do differ in their assessment of the importance of the additional medications. I personally lean more toward the more cautious approach taken by the PPH, although then again this is at least partly because I am fortunate enough to be able to obtain the additional medications.

Reactions: Saed
M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
I've read both. No amount of research will provide a definitive answer for the individual. At this point its still seems to risky for me.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I wish I could take credit for the original thought. I've literally seen someone suggest using duct tape in the context of sublingual use.

No, masking tape won't work. The ONLY tape that can be used is clear packing tape...well that or pink duct tape because that is just awesome.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I've read both. No amount of research will provide a definitive answer for the individual. At this point its still seems to risky for me.

OK. I'm fairly cautious, and to my mind I only feel the antiemetic and the antacids are required, both of which are easy to obtain.

I wish I could take credit for the original thought. I've literally seen someone suggest using duct tape in the context of sublingual use.

No, masking tape won't work. The ONLY tape that can be used is clear packing tape...well that or pink duct tape because that is just awesome.

You think it's a bad idea for sublingual use? I've seen it mentioned a few times on the forum as a possible 'solution' to vomiting! Jesus H Christ :O

Last edited:
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Yeah it works as well as a cork does for...eh nevermind.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Don't even get me started on the dangers of cunnilingual SN... :))

Reactions: Aap and Saed