• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Should I make a "Diary Thread"?

• No

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Don't Care/Please Don't

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Use your Profile & make it Private

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other (list in reply)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Make More Threads Instead

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
I feel dumb using my profile to write things... Feel it's either self-serving or serves no purpose. Feels awkward and exposed. Also I feel it's about to become significantly more self-deprecating and depressing... :/

Seeing some "Diary" threads made me curious. Given my darkening state, should I start one? or would that just be annoying and stupid among other things?? Honestly, I don't know, and don't expect anyone to care but couldn't decide.
Honest votes and honest replies appreciated.

• Love
Reactions: alltoomuch2
D

dolemitedrums

Experienced
Jun 12, 2024
I wouldn't find it annoying or stupid. As long as I'm around I'll give it a look if you have stuff you want to say.

Reactions: BrainShower
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
I wouldn't find it annoying or stupid. As long as I'm around I'll give it a look if you have stuff you want to say.
I don't want to people to look unless they were actually interested, or just curious I guess.
Do you mean around on the site or "literally" around? :/

D

dolemitedrums

Experienced
Jun 12, 2024
I don't want to people to look unless they were actually interested, or just curious I guess.
Do you mean around on the site or "literally" around? :/

Literally around. But I am interested in what you have to say if you feel like sharing it.

• Aww..
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and alltoomuch2
cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
If you don't want anyone to read then prolly a notes app would just cut it

You might get some comments or reactions whatever if it's open here, if you want support. I think. Seperate master thread works better maybe set to private or something not sure if thats possible here

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
Literally around. But I am interested in what you have to say if you feel like sharing it.
Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure that I really recognize you.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I think it depends on what you want out of it. If you just want to write down your thoughts to get them out, on your profile or a journal might be more appropriate. If you want to get feedback on your thoughts or just know that someone's reading them, then I'd say go ahead with the thread. I'd definitely specify in the original post if there's a certain type of interaction you dislike. For example if you're okay with receiving advice but don't like more basic "I'm sorry you feel like this!" pleasantries

• Love
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
If you don't want anyone to read then prolly a notes app would just cut it

You might get some comments or reactions whatever if it's open here, if you want support. I think. Seperate master thread works better maybe set to private or something not sure if thats possible here
My phone is full, always somehow is. Terrible at physically journaling. Not comfortable just typing into the void. Feels fruitless, but I haven't exactly tried.
Master threads I think are only for Mods. This would just a one thread that I add to instead of using my profile page. I just didn't want to put something out there that absolutely no one really gave a shit about lol. I think that'd be annoying to see all the time and then I'd feel like I wore out my welcome. Just a personal feeling. I can never decide on things anyway so maybe this would save me some trouble tbh.

cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
My phone is full, always somehow is. Terrible at physically journaling. Not comfortable just typing into the void. Feels fruitless, but I haven't exactly tried.
Master threads I think are only for Mods. This would just a one thread that I add to instead of using my profile page. I just didn't want to put something out there that absolutely no one really gave a shit about lol. I think that'd be annoying to see all the time and then I'd feel like I wore out my welcome. Just a personal feeling. I can never decide on things anyway so maybe this would save me some trouble tbh.
Yeah, it's better than writing into the "void" lol

I meant the one thread thing only. It might be annoying to people, but anyway it's much better than creating a hundred different posts, or they can ignore it

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
You should make it if you think it would help you. Anyone who doesn't like that can just ignore you or whatever.

Reactions: BrainShower
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
Sure, why not? You can give it a try and if you decide you don't like doing it, you could always just stop or even edit the posts to remove all the content later.

Reactions: DefinitelyReady and Saturn_
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
I think it depends on what you want out of it. If you just want to write down your thoughts to get them out, on your profile or a journal might be more appropriate. If you want to get feedback on your thoughts or just know that someone's reading them, then I'd say go ahead with the thread. I'd definitely specify in the original post if there's a certain type of interaction you dislike. For example if you're okay with receiving advice but don't like more basic "I'm sorry you feel like this!" pleasantries
It might be more of reading about someone. Like fiction, only not lol. Maybe like Dr. Iron Arc's posts but a thread? But my own version. But I don't know that a thread is necessary or wanted. I don't want to just take up space in the forum. I'd definitely specific the meaning, unless there wasn't one and it's just kind of word-vomit. Maybe it'd be therapeutic, even insightful, to me hopefully and maybe to a few others? I'm not quite sure what I'd want out of it. I'm not a very open person :/
People could say what they wanted, I can't stop them nor would I really want to. I just wouldn't want to put pressure on people to feel the need to read or reply. I hate having to feel obligated and I don't want that. Don't want it to be a pity party, or turn into thee-who-shall-not-be-named. Don't want to add to my number of posts and then end up on a chart. Don't want to become slighted addicted or feel it's my "life." Down want to be more liked because of it or earn brownie points. Just a tool of sorts, hopefully something interesting for someone else. So I know what I "don't" want lol. Still learning on what I "would" want from it. Maybe to learn about myself or become more honest. I suck at talking about myself obviously because now I'm just rambling. Maybe I would become brutually honest. That'd be, something...
Not sure that I'd even have new material and not become monotonous, boring, and annoying. No feedback is necessary if I did start. Just thought I'd gather some reaction before even attempting. Sorry for the ramble.
I don't think we've interacted before.
Ah, you just joined. Haven't had a chance to imprint you. Plus my memory sucks and the pfps that I don't recognize don't help convert anything to memory.
You should make it if you think it would help you. Anyone who doesn't like that can just ignore you or whatever.
Lord I'd be embarrassed if it wasn't at least tolerable🤮

• Hugs
Reactions: Saturn_
D

dolemitedrums

Experienced
Jun 12, 2024
It might be more of reading about someone. Like fiction, only not lol. Maybe like Dr. Iron Arc's posts but a thread? But my own version. But I don't know that a thread is necessary or wanted. I don't want to just take up space in the forum.

How can it be worse than the 4th new thread of each day asking whether you really need anti-emetics for Sodium Nitrite?

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: thebelljarrr, alltoomuch2, Cinnamorolls and 1 other person
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
Sure, why not? You can give it a try and if you decide you don't like doing it, you could always just stop or even edit the posts to remove all the content later.
I don't know how big of a hassle it is to delete post, or single threads. But yeah, I thought maybe just a trial basis. It just feels very attention-seeking, or feels like it, and like there's no way to do it gracefully without looking like an bumbling, rambling Professor Quarrel
How it can be worse than the 4th new thread of each day asking whether you really need anti-emetics for Sodium Nitrite?
Very true, newbie....
Ah piss. See? I just had something written out and it got deleted. Already fucked it up.
I thought maybe just a trial basis. I don't know how big of a hassle it is for mods to delete individual posts or complete threads. (I need to find out.) But I fear I'd just be a bumbling, stuttering Professor Quirrell character with a some crazy Trelawney thrown into the mix.
I is afraid... lol🤣 I'll turn into something that I would just roll my eyes at. I hate being annoying and no one ever says so. Can't get any real perspective from a therapist even when I literally beg. So much for being anonymous. What if I spill my guts? Guts are meant to stay buried beneath your guts with the shame so no one ever finds them lol! I have. I already have a habit of telling on myself. It could a hot mess!

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Just do whatever. You need to ask for our opinion on whether or not you should make a diary thread. If you want to make one then just make one. Who gives a shit if others are annoyed by it? It's not like you are breaking the rules or anything and they can just put the thread on ignore.

• Yay!
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
It might be more of reading about someone. Like fiction, only not lol. Maybe like Dr. Iron Arc's posts but a thread? But my own version. But I don't know that a thread is necessary or wanted. I don't want to just take up space in the forum. I'd definitely specific the meaning, unless there wasn't one and it's just kind of word-vomit. Maybe it'd be therapeutic, even insightful, to me hopefully and maybe to a few others? I'm not quite sure what I'd want out of it. I'm not a very open person :/
People could say what they wanted, I can't stop them nor would I really want to. I just wouldn't want to put pressure on people to feel the need to read or reply. I hate having to feel obligated and I don't want that. Don't want it to be a pity party, or turn into thee-who-shall-not-be-named. Don't want to add to my number of posts and then end up on a chart. Don't want to become slighted addicted or feel it's my "life." Down want to be more liked because of it or earn brownie points. Just a tool of sorts, hopefully something interesting for someone else. So I know what I "don't" want lol. Still learning on what I "would" want from it. Maybe to learn about myself or become more honest. I suck at talking about myself obviously because now I'm just rambling. Maybe I would become brutually honest. That'd be, something...
Not sure that I'd even have new material and not become monotonous, boring, and annoying. No feedback is necessary if I did start. Just thought I'd gather some reaction before even attempting. Sorry for the ramble.

Ah, you just joined. Haven't had a chance to imprint you. Plus my memory sucks and the pfps that I don't recognize don't help convert anything to memory.

Lord I'd be embarrassed if it wasn't at least tolerable🤮
No need to apologize! I'm a chronic rambler myself, so I get it lol. Honestly, a lot of the interactions on this site that have struck me the most have been on venting threads, so I really do think they have a place here. Human interaction is a necessity in & of itself, and venting threads tend to be a more open form of social interaction here. This forum exists as a support network for people making the choice whether or not to ctb, so expressing your story and thoughts will never be taking up too much space. There's definitely a big difference between having one concise venting thread & people like FC lol, but the entire purpose here is to find that outlet. Anyone that doesn't want to read your story can simply click away when it's contained to one thread. From how you describe it, I think you could definitely get some benefit from it, so I'd say go for it

• Hugs
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
Ah piss. See? I just had something written out and it got deleted. Already fucked it up.
I thought maybe just a trial basis. I don't know how big of a hassle it is for mods to delete individual posts or complete threads. (I need to find out.) But I fear I'd just be a bumbling, stuttering Professor Quirrell character with a some crazy Trelawney thrown into the mix.
I is afraid... lol🤣 I'll turn into something that I would just roll my eyes at. I hate being annoying and no one ever says so. Can't get any real perspective from a therapist even when I literally beg. So much for being anonymous. What if I spill my guts? Guts are meant to stay buried beneath your guts with the shame so no one ever finds them lol! I have. I already have a habit of telling on myself. It could a hot mess!
My posts have a "delete" button in the bottom left corner, next to the "edit" button. Do yours not have that? I think we can delete our own posts (or edit them to leave them blank) and the mods don't have to do it for us.

I say just do it and see how you feel afterwards.

alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Experienced
Feb 10, 2024
I would read your diary thread. I'm curious, but also and more importantly for me it would be like having a friend (I have none) but with no need for me to reply every day, because on many days I feel too overwhelmed to be able to interact. It's not just selfish reasons that I say yes though - I like to support people when they need it and I know from my own contributions how much even one "like" on a post can take away some of the lonely feelings and feelings that I'm "different" or "other" (which is why I love this community so much). I'd agree with the person who said, let us know what sort of interaction, if any, you prefer. Whether advice would be welcomed or not, etc.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thebelljarrr and DefinitelyReady
etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
voted for multiple options, bc i think u should vent in whichever way feels most comfortable to you at the time. if you feel uncomfortable about something you've posted you can always delete it afterwards if you wish. best wishes to you <3

• Hugs
Reactions: alltoomuch2 and DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
My posts have a "delete" button in the bottom left corner, next to the "edit" button. Do yours not have that? I think we can delete our own posts (or edit them to leave them blank) and the mods don't have to do it for us.

I say just do it and see how you feel afterwards.
Mine do. I just thought the mods had to delete them individually, but maybe they can delete an entire thread more easily. Even banned members have their stuff still up so I'm not real clear on their delete rules. Makes you not want to share certain things ya know.
But thanks, I'm thinking I will :/
I would read your diary thread. I'm curious, but also and more importantly for me it would be like having a friend (I have none) but with no need for me to reply every day, because on many days I feel too overwhelmed to be able to interact. It's not just selfish reasons that I say yes though - I like to support people when they need it and I know from my own contributions how much even one "like" on a post can take away some of the lonely feelings and feelings that I'm "different" or "other" (which is why I love this community so much). I'd agree with the person who said, let us know what sort of interaction, if any, you prefer. Whether advice would be welcomed or not, etc.
I like that... That seems mutually beneficial and the fact that people wouldn't feel the need to interact is a plus. I definitely get how overwhelming it can be just to respond, even if you want to. It's exhausting too.
venting thread.

I do monthly... not exactly venting
I'll have to look at some of yours. I'm not great at condensing an entire week or months worth into something without it becoming stressful and overwhelming lol. It'd feel like an essay that'd have to be perfect :/

Last edited:
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
i say go for it, it might inspire others to share their feelings in a more structured and productive manner