BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I was thinking about it today for some reason.

First, I can't speak for anyone else, but to me reincarnation is my worst nightmare. I don't believe in Hell either, but if I had to choose between reincarnation and the classic Christian lake of fire version of Hell-- one ticket to Hell, please. Though begin reincarnated would be hell, so I guess the point is irrelevant.

Second, I was thinking, suppose a person ctb, then gets reincarnated and ctb again. Suppose this pattern keeps going for a long long time, do you think the god or entity that was controlling the reincarnation would eventually give up and allow the person to remain dead?

Just a stupid idea that popped into my head.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Sweet Release and mediocre
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
No idea is stupid, if its your own mindset, then no you are not stupid for thinking, it and tbh in some way's it gives for good discussion and debate.
To be reincarnated to repeat the life you have been through, in my eyes is nothing short of hell!
To live, die and be reborn into a different life, is to me, acceptable,

but to have a repetitive pattern, fuck me I don't even wana go there!

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre and BlueWidow
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
There was a theory in one of the religions where if you ctb then you're bound to repeat it. So it's an actual belief system already. But it doesn't make much logical sense to me, sounds like fear mongering honestly.

Most religions, even Christianity hold some sort of idea of reincarnation. I think if there is an afterlife (which I believe there is) then you're given the option whether to try again or not.

I definitely don't believe in a hell, atleast the fire and brimstone type of hell. Most of that is Catholic dogma and used to control people. Hell is probably what we make it. Just like how people torture themselves in this life when they go against the societal grain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, mediocre, SawItOnce and 2 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
No idea is stupid, if its your own mindset, then no you are not stupid for thinking, it and tbh in some way's it gives for good discussion and debate.
To be reincarnated to repeat the life you have been through, in my eyes is nothing short of hell!
To live, die and be reborn into a different life, is to me, acceptable,

but to have a repetitive pattern, fuck me I don't even wana go there!
that's true, you couldn't repeat your exact life unless all the same people repeated it with you. Even then it would be a different time in history, so it couldn't be exactly the same.
Example: if you are an abused kid, in the past you would've had no resources and no where to turn. Now there are organizations and people who might help you.
I think the general idea of reincarnation is that you still have to go through all the same stuff over again though, so you might not be any better off. I agree, if it could be a completely different life, then I might be okay with it.
There was a theory in one of the religions where if you ctb then you're bound to repeat it. So it's an actual belief system already. But it doesn't make much logical sense to me, sounds like fear mongering honestly.

Most religions, even Christianity hold some sort of idea of reincarnation. I think if there is an afterlife (which I believe there is) then you're given the option whether to try again or not.

I definitely don't believe in a hell, atleast the fire and brimstone type of hell. Most of that is Catholic dogma and used to control people. Hell is probably what we make it. Just like how people torture themselves in this life when they go against the societal grain.
I've heard that before, that you get the option to try again. Why would anyone choose that option?! I think when we're on the other side, we forget how hard it is to be on this side. Just like we forget who, what, or where we were before we were born.

I had a friend who believed that a person chose everything that happened to them before they got here. Then why would anyone choose such difficult life experiences as being poor or abused or homeless, etc.? According to my friend, the more suffering you do here, the greater your reward on the other side. I find it very hard to believe that I would choose any of the things that have happened to me, but my friend used to say that I just don't remember choosing them. Also, in that case, couldn't I have chosen to end my life by suicide? My friend claimed suicide was not a choice because it doesn't teach you anything. Sure it does. I believe to do it right requires a lot of thought, planning (and not just planning, but secret planning), and bravery and determination to overcome SI. I have learned a lot from planning out my suicide. I've learned patience while waiting for my supplies to arrive and my ctb date to arrive. I've learned to be flexible when my original date didn't work out. I've learned to be more compassionate. I wasn't intending to leave a note until I read some of the threads on here where people discussed how it's kinder to leave a note at least letting your loved ones know it wasn't their fault.
I've probably learned more things than I can think of right now.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: mediocre
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
Since everything is so unknown about death and what happens when you encounter your fate, I'm not sure. There's a part of me that does believe in the afterlife to some extent, but I also would not be surprised if there isn't anything on the other side... I guess a part of me is hoping there's something good on the other side due to all the pain and suffering we've all endured, you know? I want there to be something.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, mediocre, TearyEyedQueen and 1 other person
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
that's true, you couldn't repeat your exact life unless all the same people repeated it with you. Even then it would be a different time in history, so it couldn't be exactly the same.
Example: if you are an abused kid, in the past you would've had no resources and no where to turn. Now there are organizations and people who might help you.
I think the general idea of reincarnation is that you still have to go through all the same stuff over again though, so you might not be any better off. I agree, if it could be a completely different life, then I might be okay with it.

I've heard that before, that you get the option to try again. Why would anyone choose that option?! I think when we're on the other side, we forget how hard it is to be on this side. Just like we forget who, what, or where we were before we were born.

I had a friend who believed that a person chose everything that happened to them before they got here. Then why would anyone choose such difficult life experiences as being poor or abused or homeless, etc.? According to my friend, the more suffering you do here, the greater your reward on the other side. I find it very hard to believe that I would choose any of the things that have happened to me, but my friend used to say that I just don't remember choosing them. Also, in that case, couldn't I have chosen to end my life by suicide? My friend claimed suicide was not a choice because it doesn't teach you anything. Sure it does. I believe to do it right requires a lot of thought, planning (and not just planning, but secret planning), and bravery and determination to overcome SI. I have learned a lot from planning out my suicide. I've learned patience while waiting for my supplies to arrive and my ctb date to arrive. I've learned to be flexible when my original date didn't work out. I've learned to be more compassionate. I wasn't intending to leave a note until I read some of the threads on here where people discussed how it's kinder to leave a note at least letting your loved ones know it wasn't their fault.
I've probably learned more things than I can think of right now.
I feel like your friend would counter you by saying you learn a lot, get rewarded etc, for wanting to commit suicide, but not actually following through with the act. The agony and suffering proliferated by the desire to end ones life without fulfilling it should definitely count for something in that "other side" that they speak of.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, BlueWidow and SawItOnce
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Since everything is so unknown about death and what happens when you encounter your fate, I'm not sure. There's a part of me that does believe in the afterlife to some extent, but I also would not be surprised if there isn't anything on the other side... I guess a part of me is hoping there's something good on the other side due to all the pain and suffering we've all endured, you know? I want there to be something.
Yes, I agree completely. I'm going to be very upset if I get to the other side and it's as bad as here, in a different way. I don't mind if there is nothingness or an afterlife, just not what is here. I expect there may be some retribution that has to be made for ending your life early. As long as I'm allowed to make my amends and move on to eternal peace, I'm fine with it. It would be nice to find out that all of our suffering meant something though. :heart: :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre and Moonicide
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I think I was stupid in my past(s) life(lives). If my soul keeps being stupid then I'm caught in an endless circle of stupidity.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I've thought about this a lot too.
what if I I've lived many past lives and not known it? like you're reborn and your memory is wiped. I've certainly had moments of deja vu where I've felt as though I've experienced something before even though I know I haven't. If that makes sense? it's all very interesting to me.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I never understood how reincarnation works. From where exactly all the souls come from? Number of people is changing all the time.

Reactions: cyberlordsumit
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I sometimes feel that I've already lived this exact life before but screwed it up and now I'm repeating it but I screwed it up again. Back when my life still wasn't utter garbage I had weird prophetic dreams with little details I couldn't have possibly known back then which turned out to be true later on.
I've never had a Deja vu feeling though.

C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
scientifically, reincarnation and all is just plain bullshit. you are just a web of memories supported by Basic human nature. that makes your consciousness unique which you call soul.. basically death = abyssal nothingness

ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020
scientifically, reincarnation and all is just plain bullshit. you are just a web of memories supported by Basic human nature. that makes your consciousness unique which you call soul.. basically death = abyssal nothingness

Unless the universe is cyclical. Then you're left with a Ship of Thesus problem: if another identical iteration of you should exist down to the quantum level, will your sensory perception exist along with it?

C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
Unless the universe is cyclical. Then you're left with a Ship of Thesus problem: if another identical iteration of you should exist down to the quantum level, will your sensory perception exist along with it?
just as I don't remember anything before i was 'born'. my current psyche has nothing to do with any reincarnation that'd be (which i highly doubt).
so basically i don't have to worry abt anything after i ctb.

Sweet Release

Sweet Release

Experienced
Nov 24, 2019
As much as I don't like it I am pretty certain reincarnation is real and we come back whether we like it or not.

It scares me as I really don't want to go through the same sort of shit that I went through in my childhood all over again.
But who knows?
Maybe life will work out for us next time around?
To be honest the abyssal nothingness scares me less than being reincarnated does.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Homecoming and cyberlordsumit