• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I didn't knew before about the existence of mental health institutions, and was too cynical and well-informed to trust them my health by the time I did.
Ok, well-informed is a too loud of a statement. I've heard a lot of horror stories, in Russian too. And about drugs lose their effectiveness over time, the urge to get more, and by the time people realized they're been well-fucked, it was too late.
Hell, they treat prisoners like heretics by a ruling church. That surely has to ring a bell...
Treating patients with drugs and not stuff them with equally expensive, high-grade food instead? Another bell ringing. Told you it's a church.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
The process that lead to the creation of oneself. Id and ego. Of the person thats standing in front of you now. The nuances of their life long experiences. Is not something you can understand at the first glance. Its not something you can compare with another being. Its not something you can understand without deep empathy and experience on your part.

This job is not for everyone. This also why I know none of that will be able to "help" me. Whatever they will say to me I already told myself that over and over again. You cannot impress a magician with his own tricks.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
@not_a_robot @poof I was referring to psychiatry as a discipline, not your perception of how it is practiced. But then again, a body of knowledge has no use unless there are people who can understand it and use it, so I guess the point is moot.

To me, as a construct, the framework for diagnosis of mental illnesses is well formulated. It's better than the pseudoscience of Freud (pseudoscience is being used in the critical rationalist sense), in that it has stuff in it that can be tested by experiments.

Reactions: S5E51mbB and irrelevant_string
irrelevant_string

irrelevant_string

Student
Jun 16, 2019
I keep noticing this trend of people who are diagnosed with a certain mental disorder starting to identify themselves with that diagnosis to the point that it becomes their whole personality, which may in turn encourage them to continue (or at least justify) behaving in ways that are characteristic of that disorder.
That being said, I do think that treatment is possible in some cases, even at this early stage of development, and that research in the area should continue so that at least future generations can benefit from it.
Personally, I never got any significant improvement from psychiatric sessions, perhaps mainly because I didn't cooperate much, but I also don't have any negative experiences, so I don't think I'm too biased in either direction.

Reactions: RM5998 and not_a_robot