demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Who here has student loans debt and has not finished/did not finish college/university?

College in America is such a scam.

Reactions: hungry_ghost and WrongPlaceWrongTime
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I recommend an online only university like Western Governors University. It's about 6k/yr and its self paced, but with acceleration. So I completed about 42 Competency Units (14 classes) in a single 6 month long semester for 3k dollars. Since everything is online, including books and materials, there's no large overhead like a traditional university. Plus it's recognized and accredited in America.

• Informative
Reactions: MellowAvenue, hungry_ghost, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't know how I did it but I managed to dodge student loans altogether up to the point where I graduated college thanks to financial aid. In fact, during the last couple years the government was even giving me an extra couple thousand dollars each semester to spend on whatever I want (though it mostly just ended up being textbooks).

Might be because my parents are divorced and I don't make any money. Either way, this was all through federal grants so anyone can apply.

Reactions: MellowAvenue and WrongPlaceWrongTime
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I'm 48 and about to get my first student loan. But I am 99% certain nobody will ever give me a job that will pay enough for me to have to repay it. Hahahaha!

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
I recommend an online only university like Western Governors University. It's about 6k/yr and its self paced, but with acceleration. So I completed about 42 Competency Units (14 classes) in a single 6 month long semester for 3k dollars. Since everything is online, including books and materials, there's no large overhead like a traditional university. Plus it's recognized and accredited in America.
If I knew this 4 years ago I would've done this instead. Not worth the debt I have to deal with if I don't ctb (and this is coming from a recent grad)

J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I have student debt however I finished school already just trying to pay off the remaining balance

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
It depends on what you want in your life. If it's science, math or anything else you have some passion - it makes sense to me. But getting a degree only for the "i got one" is a waste of time and money. Well student years are from the best ones, so if pretending to get a degree and having all the parties and stuff, it makes sense to me too :) However if time spent on parties and with friends doesn't lead to anything positive in perspective, it's still a waste of time. People who spent years for a "degree" can't actually compete with people who were working hard, saving money and making investments for that time.
The purpose of having a job and working for someone just for the money as main perspective in life is so f*cked up.

I went trough university. It was paid by the gov. And they paid me money too. The truth is that everything useful i got from there can be fitted in like 3-4 pages of simple rules and info. But those few years i met people, i learned people and that experience gave me so much pragmatical stuff. Not the "degree". But I knew this, from the start.

Last edited:
BipolarExpress

BipolarExpress

he/him Ā· tired/exhausted
Nov 11, 2022
I have about $150k in student loans. But then again, I didn't have any kind of family support when I went for my bachelor's and master's degrees. I also had to take out more than I "should" have to support myself as a disabled student who needed accommodations that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to receive because I wasn't poor enough to qualify for government-funded supports. šŸ˜” It's a brutal system.

Jason Steele

Jason Steele

Merry Christmas!
Nov 22, 2022
I paid off my college. I'm not going back though.