• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Sweetrelease

May 2, 2019
Do my parents take on my student loan debt when I die or does it die with me?

Reactions: Final Escape and Gina
H

hamednova

I did it for the lulzs
Apr 22, 2019
Was it cosigned, if not no. Make sure to give a suicide note that tells them to NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THE DEBT. If you do that, there's nothing the debt company can do.
Also im pretty sure this belongs in offtopic.. anyway.

Also you can escape debt by moving to another country.

Reactions: Final Escape, Gina, Donewitheverything and 2 others
Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
Was it cosigned, if not no. Make sure to give a suicide note that tells them to NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THE DEBT. If you do that, there's nothing the debt company can do.
Also im pretty sure this belongs in offtopic.. anyway.

Also you can escape debt by moving to another country.
Depends on how much money you have (US response here) If a lot of money is involved, there will be a legal fight. If the deceased does not have much money, there will not be much fight. Just a need to provide debtors with a death certificate of the deceased. Most debtors will just forgive the debt. Not worth the cost of a legal battle.
In the US at least, debtors get tax relief from unpaid accounts. If they play the tax loopholes, they will get their money back and then some.

Unless you are rich. Then they will sue your estate.

One good thing about being poor. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape and Gina
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
If you are in the U.S. and you have federal student loans in your name, they are discharged.

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/death

If they are private loans, they are treated like any other debt.

However, generally speaking, debts do not get inherited or passed on. Unless your parents have co-signed for any debts you have incurred, they are not responsible for any debt you may leave behind.

Reactions: Gina
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Also, student federal loans are forgiven if you have a permanent disability as defined my the federal government.

Reactions: Final Escape
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

If they co signed, then yes... It not, then no unless they try to inherit anything from you. Because they made it so, when you inherit anything from someone who is dead, you have to inherit their debts as well... They will probably try to harass your parents into paying it all off anyway though. Because some people give in to harassment and pay up. Yeah, there are people who troll and/or lie and/or intimidate family members to get them to pay money they do not owe as their job... What a world we live in... In the future, a lot of Americans might CTB due to student loan debt so the government may change the way things work in the future, so who knows what the future will be like for the parents of people who CTBed and owe a shit load of money to the government.

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It isn't my reason for ctb but it doesn't help.

Reactions: Trainstation