Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
There was a stray dog in my neighborhood recently. It was filthy, and it was starving, but I could tell it was beautiful under all of that. About 2 weeks ago, I started to take pity on it. I headed out for the first time in forever and put some food out for it. When I woke up the next morning, the food was gone. I figured that even if it wasn't the dog eating it, it was something that needed the food, so I started going out and leaving it there every night. It sort of became a routine.
But when I woke up this morning, the food was still there. I got concerned, so I headed out to look for it. I did find the dog- in the middle of the road. It had been dead for at least a few hours.
I've spent the majority of the day crying over it. I never saw the dog actually eat the food, and I never actually ran into it, but I still felt something for it. Even if the dog didn't mean to, it did make me want to live for a bit, even if it was only to take care of it. I don't why I'm so sad about this. It wasn't even my dog, and I only knew it existed for 3 weeks or so.
I wonder if this is a sign of some sort. Even when I find a reason to live, it just disappears like it never existed in the first place.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: sleepytourist, TimeToBiteTheDust, Spitfire and 12 others
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
There was a stray dog in my neighborhood recently. It was filthy, and it was starving, but I could tell it was beautiful under all of that. About 2 weeks ago, I started to take pity on it. I headed out for the first time in forever and put some food out for it. When I woke up the next morning, the food was gone. I figured that even if it wasn't the dog eating it, it was something that needed the food, so I started going out and leaving it there every night. It sort of became a routine.
But when I woke up this morning, the food was still there. I got concerned, so I headed out to look for it. I did find the dog- in the middle of the road. It had been dead for at least a few hours.
I've spent the majority of the day crying over it. I never saw the dog actually eat the food, and I never actually ran into it, but I still felt something for it. Even if the dog didn't mean to, it did make me want to live for a bit, even if it was only to take care of it. I don't why I'm so sad about this. It wasn't even my dog, and I only knew it existed for 3 weeks or so.
I wonder if this is a sign of some sort. Even when I find a reason to live, it just disappears like it never existed in the first place.
I'm sorry to hear this, I know its a kind of heartbreak.
Be proud of yourself for making the last few weeks of that animals life more enjoyable!
It shows you have heart, and this animal definitely was still blessed by you

• Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and KleinerWolf
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Sure you could look at it as fate being a piece of shit and going out of its way to taunt you with happiness only to take it away, but you could also look at it as having helped to make it's last days more bearable. As you said, you didn't own the dog, so who knows what health problems it had, or if it had been hurt previously. Not to over step my bounds, but are you alone in terms of support? If helping to feed a dog that you barely knew was enough to alleviate your thoughts of death, then maybe getting a puppy that could last for a good long while would be the ticket to helping you feel better. It too would eventually die, but it could give you something of a purpose. Apologies if I seem to be too nosy.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and tidalwxves
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Thank you so much for taking care of that innocent critter and bringing something positive into their life.

If this was an experience that made you feel something, there's no shortage of stray animals who need help.

• Love
Reactions: NeverGoodEnuff, nitroautnz and KleinerWolf
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
If this was an experience that made you feel something, there's no shortage of stray animals who need help.
Exactly this!, their love is pretty unconditional which helps you to feel that much better.

• Love
Reactions: NeverGoodEnuff and KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020

You are a kind soul @Ardesevent ,
Even though you haven't met, I'm sure he/she really appreciates you and for having provided him/her food.

God picks the most beautiful flowers first. :'(;-;
It breaks my heart too. :aw:

I agree with what everyone else said,
you made a difference in his/her life.
We are proud of you. :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Spitfire and whywere
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
This was a beautiful post by what seems like a very kind hearted and caring person.

I hope you are okay

Reactions: KleinerWolf and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I'm sorry for your loss. It's nice to think he didn't have to go hungry for the final days of his life due to your kindness.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Spitfire