F

Foster13

Oct 24, 2019
Since I'm the only son in the family, I want/need to do it so my parents can have grandchildren and my grandparents can have greatgrandchildren. #procreation

In general also to pass my genes. What a fascinating story it would be if one of my descendants will actually find about the whole situation. We live in a time where it is possible (cryogenic storing), so why not give it a shot...

• Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: Harasaki, Sweet emotion, Luchs and 2 others
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
im glad im the only son in my family so the name will die with me, good riddance

Reactions: siray, not-2-b-the-answer and Soul
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
With my gene pool, there is no way in hell I would want to pass them on to anyone, not even my worst enemy. My dear beloved bro had a son, guess what, he has Aspergers. This family gives dysfunctional a bad name :wink:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: woxihuanni, Life+me=error, siray and 5 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Since I'm the only son in the family, I want/need to do it so my parents can have grandchildren and my grandparents can have greatgrandchildren. #procreation

In general also to pass my genes. What a fascinating story it would be if one of my descendants will actually find about the whole situation. We live in a time where it is possible (cryogenic storing), so why not give it a shot...
Yeah I'd like to do this. Girlfriend wants a baby, I want to die

• Hugs
Reactions: Azzy69, Foster13 and Nem
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
So basically you want to leave this messed-up world, yet you want to bring someone to suffer without their consent? That's pretty messed-up.

It's not like the world is already overpopulated or anything because many people thing "Muh JeAnS" or "MuH lEgAcEe" is important.

There's a big chance that any offspring will be just as unhappy as we all are.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SnowStroller, Realist101, LiftedOut and 20 others
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
Yes, thank you, Alchemist. Furthermore there's evidence that depression has a genetic basis.

Reactions: Sweet emotion, siray, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
don't take this the wrong way, but no one in the right mind would have the child of someone who commited suicide, we know that certain mental illnesses are genetic and that includes depression.

plus i don't know if that story sounds as good as you think it does, imagine your child asking their mother what happened to daddy and she says something like "oh, he donated sperm and killed himself"

• Love
Reactions: Realist101, woxihuanni, Sweet emotion and 8 others
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Well thats not for me my genes go eith me end of the line with me . Mind you was a duff one when I was born the doctors had to fix a load of stuff. So looks like my genes are crap any way .

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, bea1974 and Nem
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
don't take this the wrong way, but no one in the right mind would have the child of someone who commited suicide, we know that certain mental illnesses are genetic and that includes depression.

plus i don't know if that story sounds as good as you think it does, imagine your child asking their mother what happened to daddy and she says something like "oh, he donated sperm and killed himself"

Let's remember that we're not all here for the same reasons. Not everyone who wants to ctb suffers from depression or mental illnesses.

Reactions: a_strange_day, bea1974 and Foster13
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Let's remember that we're not all here for the same reasons. Not everyone who wants to ctb suffers from depression or mental illnesses.
you are right, but what i was trying to say is that depression and to a lesser extent other mental illnesses are the first thing that comes into people minds when they hear about someone killing themselves.

Reactions: Sweet emotion, Wolfjob_dayjob, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
So you don't think life is worth it yet you want to force it upon someone-else? A child who'll grow up without a father? You want to create life but you're not willing to stick around to raise your own son/daughter? Not only that but you seem to want to multiple children. You want to kill yourself yet you want your genes to be passed on...

It seems to me you need to rethink your logic here.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: LiftedOut, woxihuanni, Life+me=error and 10 others
F

Foster13

Oct 24, 2019
To everyone,

The intention is not to "pass my genes", not at all. The main intention is to make pain from my leaving less painful for my family. Knowing that they can still have a grandchild may soften the grief, etc. (in our culture it's a big thing). I really don't want to hurt them, love them so much, and its the only reason I'm still holding on. But I'm suffering 24/7 due to medical condition and this is not even a life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005, not-2-b-the-answer and a_strange_day
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Nothing says "I love you" like a jar of semen". I think I will stick to a nice letter.

Reactions: Dazedandconfused32, woxihuanni, LuzurPhagget and 6 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I can't even if I wanted to do that. I'm basically sterile.

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Yes, thank you, Alchemist. Furthermore there's evidence that depression has a genetic basis.
Definitely genetic in my family. Hence why I didn't have children. How cruel to put that on them.
Nothing says "I love you" like a jar of semen". I think I will stick to a nice letter.
I nearly puked up my custard creams!

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, not-2-b-the-answer, Soul and 1 other person
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
To everyone,

The intention is not to "pass my genes", not at all. The main intention is to make pain from my leaving less painful for my family. Knowing that they can still have a grandchild may soften the grief, etc. (in our culture it's a big thing). I really don't want to hurt them, love them so much, and its the only reason I'm still holding on. But I'm suffering 24/7 due to medical condition and this is not even a life.

Sadly, you contradict yourself my friend. This is from your original post,

In general also to pass my genes.

So yes, the intention is most definitely to pass on your genes according to that statement. So which is it to be?

Reactions: Boonks, Sweet emotion, Wolfjob_dayjob and 3 others
F

Foster13

Oct 24, 2019
Sadly, you contradict yourself my friend. This is from your original post,

In general also to pass my genes.

So yes, the intention is most definitely to pass on your genes according to that statement. So which is it to be?
Main reason is in the second post.
That's why I added word "also" in the first posting. In other words, "as small a addition to the main reason".

Wow, never expected this forum to be so hostile all of a sudden. Everyone has their own beliefs/customs, and here I am being attacked because of mines..

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Whoa there.....no one is attaching you. You are just sending out mixed messages is all and I am just trying to clarify with you. I am sorry if you interpret that as a attack on you, its not. I would not add "my friend" if it was a attack on you I can assure you of that.

Many of us have stated clearly, our reasons for not wanting to pass on our genes to others, so there can be no doubts.

So no hostility, no attacks, just clearing up what you are trying to say exactly and now I/we know without any doubts. Thanks for explaining.

Reactions: Sweet emotion, Stan, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
Wow, never expected this forum to be so hostile all of a sudden. Everyone has their own beliefs/customs, and here I am being attacked because of mines..

Don't take it too hard, for some people it's just difficult to understand why you wanna die but still pass your genes since they think that your medical condition has something to do with mental illness. Anyway if it has nothing to do with that then I personally can't see what's wrong, your decision.

Reactions: Woodnote, Wolfjob_dayjob and Foster13
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

I would really give this decision a lot of thought. If you hate it here bad enough to want to CTB, its possible any offspring may want to CTB as well.
To everyone,

I should have read a little further. I understand your reasons but I still think you should give this careful consideration.
You won't be around to know how well their life may be or how much they might suffer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019

If you are suffering from depression and other mental issues, you would want to pass that down to an innocent child? That is really warped. I don't understand that kind of thinking at all. It wouldn't be a fascinating story. It would be a tragedy. I would think you'd have sympathy for people who are suffering yet you want to pass it down to your own flesh and blood. And what do you think your parents are going to do? Ask people if they want to get pregnant with your sperm? Very strange. You would want your child to find out that before their father killed himself he decided to masturbate into a cup so a child could be born and have problems of their own? That is so disturbing. And selfish.
So basically you want to leave this messed-up world, yet you want to bring someone to suffer without their consent? That's pretty messed-up.

It's not like the world is already overpopulated or anything because many people thing "Muh JeAnS" or "MuH lEgAcEe" is important.

I couldn't agree more. I think the idea is warped and selfish.
don't take this the wrong way, but no one in the right mind would have the child of someone who commited suicide, we know that certain mental illnesses are genetic and that inclu

Exactly what I said. This is so awful and selfish. He can't be in the right frame of mind.
Well why would you want to kill yourself then if you don't have a mental illness or depression? Unless you have a physical issue that is causing you too much pain and suffering. But we don't know the reason why he wants to die. But to donate sperm and have the kids be born and say where's my father? And have someone say, oh he masturbated into a cup before he killed himself so he could satisfy his family....that is sick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boonks and Fragile
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Main reason is in the second post.
That's why I added word "also" in the first posting. In other words, "as small a addition to the main reason".

Don't be surprised. When I brought it up I was wished luck in being sterile. It's only supportive until you're not on the same page anymore. Then people will nearly always put themselves first

Reactions: Woodnote
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
Well why would you want to kill yourself then if you don't have a mental illness or depression? Unless you have a physical issue that is causing you too much pain and suffering.

It seems you've answered your own question, SE and the OP did post:

But I'm suffering 24/7 due to medical condition and this is not even a life.

Reactions: notjustyetagain and Foster13
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
It seems you've answered your own question, SE and the OP did post:
Well he didn't tell us what was wrong with him. And still I think it's wrong. Physical problems can be hereditary.

What is your reason for wanting to die?

notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
What a fascinating story it would be if one of my descendants
fascinating in what way? just curious, i sincerely, without judgement, cannot see why. i ascribe to a variation of obligational negative utilitarianism -- mainländer's -- so believe life to have an overall negative value which, as much as i have fascinations with e.g. great works of art, they don't counterbalance. your scenario strikes me as paradoxical more than fascinating, what is fascinating about it? (i honestly don't want to imply that my views are any "better" than yours and apologise but my curiosity gets the better of me and you asked for feedback -- i'm just missing something as usual.)

Last edited:
F

Foster13

Oct 24, 2019
Well he didn't tell us what was wrong with him. And still I think it's wrong. Physical problems can be hereditary.

What is your reason for wanting to die?

Undiagnosed physical condition. I had trauma 6 months ago and now it's downhill everyday. I suffer 24/7 physically. Can't breath, sleep, eat and hardly walking. I have constant shortness of breath; as a result - sleep problems; food doesn't absorb; lost 20 kg in 3 weeks after the trauma/stroke. This is just a short summary of the horror that my life has become since the day of the trauma. Something got messed up, compressed, tied up that day, I don't know.. nor the doctors know

Last edited:
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019

Chance for unhappiness. Chance for happiness. Maybe a butterfly effect small event changes their lives competely un a positive way.

You are also correct. If you bring a life into the world just to leave immediately after it's born is distasteful. At the very least you've denied the child one parent.

F

Foster13

Oct 24, 2019
Theres is such thing as a surrogate mothership. And the child can be born and raised just as my parents child (since they can't have kids anymore). He/she will think that he is just a younger kid of my parents that's it.

Last edited:
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
I (maybe for one) would say, "it's your call."

A: I'm not the Acme judgement co.
&
B: It's your sperm to freeze...

...just as it'd be another adult's choice/decision of whether or not to use it.

There are a million and 1 worse atrocities going on as we type, so if you think your future offspring might have a chance to be born into a loving, supportive family....I've got nothin.'

Reactions: Foster13
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Undiagnosed physical condition. I had trauma 6 months ago and now it's downhill everyday. I suffer 24/7 physically. Can't breath, sleep, eat and hardly walking. I have constant shortness of breath; as a result - sleep problems; food doesn't absorb; lost 20 kg in 3 weeks after the trauma/stroke. This is just a short summary of the horror that my life has become since the day of the trauma. Something got messed up, compressed, tied up that day, I don't know.. nor the doctors know
Well who knows what it is and if it's hereditary. Would you want to pass that down to an innocent child?

Reactions: Jean Améry