• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Nier Automata ending(or the whole game),
Really? I found that to be significantly hopeful. The third act is a downer, though, I'll give you that much.
I find it hard sometimes to repress the thought of the underlying mechanics of a work of fiction which is a possible explanation for my lack of emotional reactions. It's less of a problem with video games because they're interactive but I barely watch movies, shows and read fiction anymore.
Or maybe I'm just what's popularly referred to as dead inside.
I've noticed that too... After I'd spent a while analyzing shot composition, story structure and dialogue writing (I'm very interested in how film, TV, theater and games communicate ideas to the audience), I started appreciating a lot of the stuff I was consuming much more, but it managed to elicit much less of an emotional response. However, the things that are at the top of my favorites pile have managed to bypass that block for me (that's probably why they are there).

Reactions: 262653, Baskol1 and irrelevant_string
irrelevant_string

irrelevant_string

Student
Jun 16, 2019
Really? I found that to be significantly hopeful. The third act is a downer, though, I'll give you that much.
Well I guess it is, but something about it makes me even more sad... It's kind of pointless, isn't it? That's why I added the whole game in parentheses. The endings leave you wondering about the future when it's debatable whether there's any point in continuing(and I kind of felt bad for 9S...). It might be the music but I don't know...

I've noticed that too... After I'd spent a while analyzing shot composition, story structure and dialogue writing (I'm very interested in how film, TV, theater and games communicate ideas to the audience), I started appreciating a lot of the stuff I was consuming much more, but it managed to elicit much less of an emotional response.
I haven't gone that deep into analysis as I don't value my subjective interpretation much but just being vaguely aware of the technicalities can ruin the experience for me for some reason.
I remember your mentioning that you were working on a game of yours by the way. How is that going?

However, the things that are at the top of my favorites pile have managed to bypass that block for me (that's probably why they are there).
The things that managed to do that for me are mostly related to my childhood either in that I played them as a child or there's another similar association. I suppose that not many new things will be able to make their way to my list in the future. I really wish that weren't the case.

Oh and I actually haven't seen/played anything on your list other than Nier Automata.

Reactions: 262653 and Baskol1
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Well I guess it is, but something about it makes me even more sad... It's kind of pointless, isn't it? That's why I added the whole game in parentheses. The endings leave you wondering about the future when it's debatable whether there's any point in continuing(and I kind of felt bad for 9S...). It might be the music but I don't know...
For me, the pointlessness of all actions undertaken never really impacted my conception of the ending. I felt that everyone (at least, 5 of the important characters), in the end, overcame their dependency on philosophical interpretations of the world that gave them purpose. To me, there was something truly empowering about the idea of being free of the need for purpose.
I'm with you on the music though - there are a lot of melancholic tracks on the OST. And the ones that aren't so on the surface are often transformed by context.
I remember your mentioning that you were working on a game of yours by the way. How is that going?
It's currently stalled, as I have very little free time and I lack the ability to come up with any good artwork. And I don't think most of the CC-compliant artwork that is available on most repositories for the stuff mesh with what I need. So it's probably staying there until I catch a break at work and come up with something that doesn't look like trash.

Reactions: irrelevant_string and Baskol1
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
An episode of Futurama called "Jurassic Bark". Mainly the last couple of minutes.

Ah, I watched it with my murderer. :) Wanted to turn around and say something emotional, but of course I could not. Because, which I really want to make it clear, my nose is not upturned and hence I do not have any right to feelings. Thank you for listening.

BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
This is a real-life blog, so maybe not quite a story, but... The Fiercest Invalid

Wow!

Obvious reference to her fellow "Seattleite" Tom Robbins' book 'Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates,' a fantastic read as is her blog.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1