• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Tiburcio

Do you know some story that can makes you cry to the point of looking like a waterfall?

Any format is welcome: book, movie, game, etc. Share the stories more impact had in you and revived some feelings you didn't experience from time ago, and hopefully I'll consider it and try to reanimate my dead heart with some of them!

• Love
Reactions: Baskol1, Bea, lv-gras and 4 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
Do you know some story that can makes you cry to the point of looking like a waterfall?

Any format is welcome: book, movie, game, etc. Share the stories more impact had in you and revived some feelings you didn't experience from time ago, and hopefully I'll consider it and try to reanimate my dead heart with some of them!
grave of the fireflies

Reactions: akosineenee, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
grave of the fireflies

Wow! After I read Tiburcio's post, I decided I want to watch a sad movie... and guess what I chose? Grave of the fireflies!
Scary coincidence that I'm watching it right now and then reading your message. :o

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Soon4me and 3 others
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Music

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, agreement, lv-gras and 2 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
grave of the fireflies
I've heard people say it's a little bit of a forced story and it seems like the characters exist only to tell the story they were in. Unfortunately even if that's the case.. that is how it feels to be someone who is suffering sometimes- as if that's the only thing you're around for.

Regardless I fucking loved that movie when I watched it but haven't seen it for years.

Reactions: lv-gras, Caustic Cardinals, Soon4me and 1 other person
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
Wow! After I read Tiburcio's post, I decided I want to watch a sad movie... and guess what I chose? Grave of the fireflies!
Scary coincidence that I'm watching it right now and then reading your message. :o
the flower we saw that day, wolf children , Tokyo grandfathers

Reactions: weedoge, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tiburcio
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
I've heard people say it's a little bit of a forced story and it seems like the characters exist only to tell the story they were in. Unfortunately even if that's the case.. that is how it feels to be someone who is suffering sometimes- as if that's the only thing you're around for.

Regardless I fucking loved that movie when I watched it but haven't seen it for years.
on my to 20

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
the flower we saw that day, wolf children , Tokyo grandfathers
Anohana is the best.

Bokurano is very good and depressing too but old and not quite the production quality of other stuff

Reactions: Tiburcio and Caustic Cardinals
EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Love pet movies

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Smilla, Abel and 3 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
Anohana is the best.

Bokurano is very good and depressing too but old and not quite the production quality of other stuff
weed we should hang together and binge

Reactions: Tiburcio, weedoge and Miss clefable
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
weed we should hang together and binge
Maybe.. I wouldn't mind watching something. Thinking of rewatching When Marnie was There because I didn't really understand it well even tho it made me cry.

Reactions: Tiburcio and Caustic Cardinals
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
Maybe.. I wouldn't mind watching something. Thinking of rewatching When Marnie was There because I didn't really understand it well even tho it made me cry.
omg yes

Reactions: Tiburcio
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
A TinyChat movie session!

Reactions: RM5998 and Tiburcio
Abel

Abel

Delusional
Sep 11, 2018
This is a real-life blog, so maybe not quite a story, but... The Fiercest Invalid

This blog is written by someone who detailed her thoughts prior to and on the day of her suicide. In her own words, "The following is a collection of journal entries and personal reflections assembled over the final days of my life."

What really astonished me about her is how determined and unwavering she was in her desire to die. Her last blog, where she said her final goodbye, was posted November 20, the very same day she committed suicide (There's an obituary for her); she went through with her plan with no hesitation, not hindered by survival instinct whatsoever.

This didn't necessarily make me cry a waterfall and all, but reading about her pain, her hatred for herself, and, perhaps the saddest, her overwhelming love for her family and friends, really stuck with me for a while after. Hell, I first came across this blog in December 2017, and I still think back on it from time to time. It's a very powerful read, especially to someone who shares her thoughts.

Edited to add: This Reddit post includes her father's response to her suicide, which was especially heartbreaking. (It used to be on Facebook but can't be found anymore).

Last edited:
Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio and weedoge
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I've never actually cried at any movie. I've been moved (often to the core), but I've never cried. I don't know why, but that's kinda the way it is. The only times I've ever cried in my life are from my parents' insults and scoldings (which weren't that bad, now that I look back on them).

Hokay, let's go (includes games, movies, TV shows and VNs, from both east and west):
  • Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
  • Plastic Memories
  • 5 Centimeters Per Second
  • The Iron Giant
  • Inside Out
  • Paddington 2
  • The World's End
  • Tomoyo's route from Clannad the VN.
  • RWBY
  • Firefly
  • Undertale
  • Nier: Automata
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
Yeah, that's pretty much it, I think. The criteria is mostly whether I am able to disengage from the content and judge it objectively - for stuff on this list, that's hard. (With one exception - for me, Automata is intellectually moving, and compels an emotional response through that.)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, akosineenee and Tiburcio
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I read that book years ago and always stuck in my mind. I did not know there was a film !

Reactions: Tiburcio and weedoge
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
It did not make cry but melachnolia movie was amazing in portraying depression

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, akosineenee and agreement
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
This is a real-life blog, so maybe not quite a story, but... The Fiercest Invalid

This blog is written by someone who detailed her thoughts prior to and on the day of her suicide. In her own words, "The following is a collection of journal entries and personal reflections assembled over the final days of my life."

What really astonished me about her is how determined and unwavering she was in her desire to die. Her last blog, where she said her final goodbye, was posted November 20, the very same day she committed suicide (There's an obituary for her); she went through with her plan with no hesitation, not hindered by survival instinct whatsoever.

This didn't necessarily make me cry a waterfall and all, but reading about her pain, her hatred for herself, and, perhaps the saddest, her overwhelming love for her family and friends, really stuck with me for a while after. Hell, I first came across this blog in December 2017, and I still think back on it from time to time. It's a very powerful read, especially to someone who shares her thoughts.

Edited to add: This Reddit post includes her father's response to her suicide, which was especially heartbreaking. (It used to be on Facebook but can't be found anymore).
I hate to speak on a deceased person that I never spoke to but reading her fathers response... feels relatable in terms of her history and how I expect my family to react. I might have to include a link to this in my note for the sake of my family.

Thanks for posting this, I hope she's RIP

Reactions: Abel
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I hate to speak on a deceased person that I never spoke to but reading her fathers response... feels relatable in terms of her history and how I expect my family to react. I might have to include a link to this in my note for the sake of my family.

Thanks for posting this, I hope she's RIP
Can't bear to read it!!

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
It's understandable, but honestly I want to equip myself to soften the blow to my family as much as possible.
But why would reading this soften blow? Oh yeah I know what devastation there will be and I'm devastated

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
But why would reading this soften blow? Oh yeah I know what devastation there will be and I'm devastated
I'm hoping reading something like this (heartbreaking but acceptance almost) might steer my family in a similar direction.

Reactions: Baskol1 and Wolfjob_dayjob
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I'm hoping reading something like this (heartbreaking but acceptance almost) might steer my family in a similar direction.
Ahh ok

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and lv-gras
blood orange

blood orange

Sep 14, 2018
Night On the Galactic Railroad.
It's a children's story book about happiness and the meaning of it.

The day before yesterday by the Korean artist NELL.
In the video, this guy ctb and he leaves a recording of it as a note. His friend plays the video and renacts it by setting the room like in the video. He is sitting across from where the deceased friend would be and is playing the video as if they're having a conversation, replying to what his friend says. The timing of the lyrics and cinematography floor me every time.

• Wow
Reactions: Baskol1, Bea and RM5998
Bea

Bea

Sep 1, 2019

"Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankl

• Wow
Reactions: Baskol1 and Wolfjob_dayjob

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden. It made me cry so much and so often I had to keep toilet paper at my arm's length. Sacrifice moments and prancing about friendship.
Wouldn't dare to rewatch it, too much water. Manga was worth reading though.

Reactions: Baskol1
irrelevant_string

irrelevant_string

Student
Jun 16, 2019
Well I could try some of those perhaps to see if it would elicit any emotional response as that's getting quite difficult for me.
There surely are moments that I would classify as sad, though I don't remember actually crying, namely:

Nier Automata ending(or the whole game),
Mordin's death
Party members abandoning me in SW KotOR when I choose the dark side,
Final Fantasy XV I guess...
Perhaps a few more, but those are a minority.

I find it hard sometimes to repress the thought of the underlying mechanics of a work of fiction which is a possible explanation for my lack of emotional reactions. It's less of a problem with video games because they're interactive but I barely watch movies, shows and read fiction anymore.
Or maybe I'm just what's popularly referred to as dead inside.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653, Baskol1 and RM5998
SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
An episode of Futurama called "Jurassic Bark". Mainly the last couple of minutes.

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni and Baskol1