• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

bunny_brownie9

bunny_brownie9

so terribly lost
Jan 1, 2024
I have bipolar & take meds and stopped them cold turkey 2 days ago.

not the smartest choice but oh well.

has anyone else stopped meds cold turkey before? how did it go?

• Hugs
Reactions: braziliansuicidegirl, pebpebpebpeb and Praestat_Mori
sodalover

sodalover

vocaloid to cope -- he/him
Aug 17, 2023
when i stopped cold turkey i had a lot of mood swings and crying fits personally

Reactions: bunny_brownie9
H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
My friend is bi polar and when he does that, ends up back in the ward. Each to their own tho

M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Sounds like a poor decision to have made

Reactions: undecided
bunny_brownie9

bunny_brownie9

so terribly lost
Jan 1, 2024
My friend is bi polar and when he does that, ends up back in the ward. Each to their own tho
worried about that kinda but I will just ensure that that doesn't happen
Sounds like a poor decision to have made
maybe, but feel shit on or off meds it doesn't matter either way. At least if I go the other way (hypo/mania) it'll be fun

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Hotsackage and KillingPain267
A

agony1996

Jul 8, 2024

That's not a good idea, I've done that before and had withdrawals but it also depends on the meds you take.
If you feel withdrawals just get back on them

pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
I did this before with SSRI's and it was awful. I also went off of my SNRI in increments as directed by my psychiatrist and it was hell. I was very sick and my brain was scrambled. Everyone has different reactions to medicine, so it may not effect you as badly as it did to me. Or it may be worse.

Either way, stay safe and research your medicine. If you want to get off your medicine, the best way is waiting to get stable or to talk to a psychiatrist. For me, if I'm stable and clean for so long I can slowly decrease my meds and eventually get off of them. I'm not sure if it's the same with BPD so forgive me if i'm wrong.

Even then, there is nothing wrong with taking medications. It sucks, but if it helps you then there is nothing wrong with taking them. If it isn't helping you, the best way is to discuss and test different medicines with your provider.

sorry for the ramble xP. Stay safe out there!

braziliansuicidegirl

braziliansuicidegirl

Nov 9, 2020

When I stopped taking my medication I had the worst depressive episode of my life and then a really crazy manic episode. Going off the medication is quite dangerous for me, I usually always go into a depressive episode, the manic ones are rarer. It's not an instant thing either, I think it took me almost a week to start noticing changes in my mood after stopping, but it depends on which medication you take.

I hope you stay safe and well.

Reactions: undecided and divinemistress36
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Jun 16, 2024
I had withdrawal symptoms even after tapering. I can't imagine going cold turkey; tapering was awful enough.

mythofsisyphus

mythofsisyphus

Jul 6, 2024
Please do not do this, I can't emphasise this enough. Doing this is part of the reason that I'm on this website. If you're unlucky, this can lead to protracted withdrawal that can last years, and is honestly the most indescribable mental suffering I've ever experienced. It can cause akathisia which feels like your insides are being set on fire combined with all of the most intense awful feelings you've ever felt all at once. Like you're being chased by a serial killer and you desperately need to do something to escape, but no matter what you do there is no escape and the feeling is still there. Imagine feeling this way for years, potentially forever. Again, PLEASE do not do this.

If you want to stop your meds I'm more than happy to point you in the direction of resources to help you do this safely.

Reactions: reallysleepy, hematomatema and undecided