stscss

stscss

Aug 14, 2023
Hi all. I have been thinking of stepping into my freezer as a way of ctb. I'm a tiny girl so there's enough space for me in there. Do any you have tips? I was thinking of taking off all my clothes, might that be better? How many hours or days should do it? The house will be free for 2-3 days. Would love some thoughts/advice.

• Aww..
Reactions: dialogos
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
That's really a painful way to go ... Too much time too... Have you considered other methods?

Reactions: silentcicada and tora
stscss

stscss

Aug 14, 2023
That's really a painful way to go ... Too much time too... Have you considered other methods?
I've read it isn't painful. Yes I have a few, this one seemed like the least scary.

tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
that sounds like a really difficult method because there's a lot of time for your survival instinct to kick in and get you out of there. if you do decide to go through with it, I'd probably take some sleeping meds before going in. it'd be a lot easier if you were able to fall asleep inside so your body couldn't force you out. or even just some strong anxiety meds to keep you calm.
and I'm not sure how long it would take, but you'd probably need to set the temperature to as low as possible for it to go quicker. good luck 🖤

Last edited:
Reactions: 87316, fwompie and jellie
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
I've read it isn't painful. Yes I have a few, this one seemed like the least scary.
I see... Well, it seems you die by lacking oxygen to breath if i read it right...
that sounds like a really difficult method because there's a lot of time for your survival instinct to kick in and get you out of there. if you do decide to go through with it, I'd probably take some sleeping meds before going in. it'd be a lot easier if you were able to fall asleep inside so your body couldn't force you out. or even just some strong anxiety meds to keep you calm.
and I'm not sure how long it would take, but you'd probably need to set the temperature to as low as possible for it to go quicker. good luck 🖤
I just realized this method really is great if you get enough sleeping pills and for nitogen/co methods. Counting that you aren't claustrophobic.

Reactions: tora
Q

Quinton Coldwater

Aug 22, 2023
I think your SI will remove you from the fridge when it gets unbearably cold

Reactions: Wehmut and tora
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
This might be ok in combination with another method, but ultimately this is not a good idea. As everyone else has said, your survival instinct will kick in. And even if you have enough sleeping pills, I still wouldn't recommend going into a freezer.

Reactions: tora
terminatepain

terminatepain

female 19 from Germany
Apr 27, 2023
I've already thought about it and informed myself. It will not be possible to induce hypothermia in a refrigerator. A refrigerator only produces a few hundred watts of cold. Humans produce around 80 watts of heat. The difference cools the body down, which would probably take a few hours. Before that, the oxygen in the fridge will run out, and before that, you'll suffer CO2 poisoning from your own breath. So it's not that easy. But feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it.

Reactions: vcregs
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Hi all. I have been thinking of stepping into my freezer as a way of ctb. I'm a tiny girl so there's enough space for me in there. Do any you have tips? I was thinking of taking off all my clothes, might that be better? How many hours or days should do it? The house will be free for 2-3 days. Would love some thoughts/advice.
Hypothermia isn't painful per se, but SI will be a big factor here. I attempted hypothermia a while back and you will do all you can to keep warm.

Also, you mention you're a 'tiny girl'. You're an adult right?

• Informative
Reactions: Amyend88
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Lots of things have been said already. I doubt that you will have enough oxygen before passing out due to hypothermia and that will activate SI when the CO2 level rises inside the freezer.

Too difficult, too high failure risks imo.

stscss

stscss

Aug 14, 2023
Hypothermia isn't painful per se, but SI will be a big factor here. I attempted hypothermia a while back and you will do all you can to keep warm.

Also, you mention you're a 'tiny girl'. You're an adult right?
Oh yes I'm an adult. I meant small in stature, so I could easily fit in.

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
That sounds like a painful and long death🥲 I doubt this method would be fast and peaceful. Maybe take time to read more post since you're new and take some notes 👍

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
in hypothermia you actually start burning up then want to dig like crazy and finally cuddle yourself up, its scary and turns you into an animal basically with no control, Its painful and you lose your mind I would not do it.

"Over time, however, the muscles necessary for inducing vasoconstriction become exhausted and fail, causing warm blood to rush from the core to the extremities. This results in a kind of "hot flash" that makes victims of severe hypothermia — who are already confused and disoriented — feel as though they're burning up, so they remove their clothes, researchers have concluded.

Paradoxical undressing often occurs immediately before terminal burrowing. The researchers in Germany investigating hypothermia victims noted in their article that "the final position in which the bodies were found could only be reached by crawling on all fours or flat on the body, resulting in abrasions to the knees, elbows, etc. This crawling … happened after undressing, as there were abrasions to the skin but no damage to the corresponding parts of the removed clothing."

stscss

stscss

Aug 14, 2023
in hypothermia you actually start burning up then want to dig like crazy and finally cuddle yourself up, its scary and turns you into an animal basically with no control, Its painful and you lose your mind I would not do it.

"Over time, however, the muscles necessary for inducing vasoconstriction become exhausted and fail, causing warm blood to rush from the core to the extremities. This results in a kind of "hot flash" that makes victims of severe hypothermia — who are already confused and disoriented — feel as though they're burning up, so they remove their clothes, researchers have concluded.

Paradoxical undressing often occurs immediately before terminal burrowing. The researchers in Germany investigating hypothermia victims noted in their article that "the final position in which the bodies were found could only be reached by crawling on all fours or flat on the body, resulting in abrasions to the knees, elbows, etc. This crawling … happened after undressing, as there were abrasions to the skin but no damage to the corresponding parts of the removed clothing."
Thanks. Very helpful. Might just buy a gun lmao.

Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
With no other preparations this has to be one of the worst ways to go out. I've tried something similar in the past, not freezer but to die from hypothermia on an open field during deep winter and ended up in a psych ward because the SI WILL kick in if you don't take any other measures to fall unconcious prior. And hypothermia definetly hurts badly, i was wheeping from the pain while police tried to remove my boots in the car after i ended up calling emergency hotline to be found because the frostbites where unbearable.

Mind you i have no problems with handling cold temperatures at all and also read prior to attempting that it's rather painless but that's so wrong. But even after taking a hand full of antipsychotics i couldn't relax whatsoever after 2 hours laying in the snow. I mean in a freezer it could be successfull but if you have no other means to make sure you're partially dead and uncocious before stepping in this will be an awfull and long way to go and i highly recomend to find a better method to ctb.