TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
No matter what your beliefs are, what you believe in or find is true (not limited to Christianity alone but other religions, Hinduism, Islam, Buddism, Judaism, Confucianism, and more..), it is fine to agree to disagree with what your values are and beliefs are. If you want to believe that suicide is a sin, or is bad, that's fine. We can agree to disagree on almost all subjects and many others, but the ONE thing that I (and most pro-choicers, pro-choice people) ask for is to RESPECT OUR FREEDOM OF CHOICE IN DECIDING WHETHER TO LIVE OR DIE. We are not asking for a lot, we do NOT force our choice of life or death onto others, therefore you should not force your will of "life" onto people like us.

As @Threads (who isn't active here anymore) once said "While Jesus may not approve of the person's decision (to suicide), he respected the free will of others and choices people make." (paraphrased of course, and it isn't perfect word for word but the idea is the same).

Note: I know not all religious people are like those people and there are some that agree with free will and choice to live or die. I am not referring to them, but the vast majority of those who don't agree but also feel like it's their duty to impose their will and take away someone else's choice in regards to life and death by forcing and projecting their will of "life is good, you must live!" onto the ones who don't wish to live anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0, Shinbu, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Bumping this topic and another point I'd like to make here is that there are even times in religion, especially the Christian religion where 'suicide' is permitted or at least mentioned in the Bible. Samson and Goliath, Judas Iscariot, Saul and the Armor-Bearer.

I personally don't believe (according to my understanding and interpretation as an atheist) that suicide is specifically a 'sin', let alone that people go to Hell specifically for 'suicide'. It is possible for believers (Christians) that CTB'ed to still end up in heaven (despite what other denominations and interpretations may say) as long as they haven't committed the one unforgivable sin, "blaspheme the Holy Spirit". I don't want to get too preachy here, but just putting my understanding and knowledge of what I have learned over the years through research and church attendance.

Reactions: jimbob1000, deadalready and UninformedLover
jimbob1000

jimbob1000

Student
Feb 21, 2020
Bumping this topic and another point I'd like to make here is that there are even times in religion, especially the Christian religion where 'suicide' is permitted or at least mentioned in the Bible. Samson and Goliath, Judas Iscariot, Saul and the Armor-Bearer.

I personally don't believe (according to my understanding and interpretation as an atheist) that suicide is specifically a 'sin', let alone that people go to Hell specifically for 'suicide'. It is possible for believers (Christians) that CTB'ed to still end up in heaven (despite what other denominations and interpretations may say) as long as they haven't committed the one unforgivable sin, "blaspheme the Holy Spirit". I don't want to get too preachy here, but just putting my understanding and knowledge of what I have learned over the years through research and church attendance.
Well said, I do believe in God , and what you said is what I believe