M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
What are your views on this? if you google reports you find the most diverse experiences:
-we are naturally prepared for not finding food so the body releases pleasant chemicals
-its a torture

i cant eat due to pain so i really wonder whats coming next. i am 188cm 48kg

Reactions: Skathon and purplesmoothie
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
When I water fasted for nearly three weeks (just drank water, didn't eat), I didn't find it pleasant at all. So tired and cold all the time, massive backache that meant I had to lie down rather than spending time sitting up, no energy to do anything at all.

Reactions: Skathon, disabledandhopeless and infinitelove
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'd say it's torture, your stomach will feel like it's shrinking into it self and it's just uncomfortable. Yeah some times you might feel ok and not hungry but you know you are. You will feel tired because of lack of nutrients and vitamins, might get headaches and such.. there's much better ways

Reactions: ERASED
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
There were a couple of women that gained renown with this death. Simone Weil and Ellen West.

West did it out of terrible neuroses that lead her on a hurdling journey from vegetarianism to eating nothing, which though she died from self inflected poisoning, she was well on her way. Her case was extensive and she is still written about today if she interests you. Also the Frank Bidart poem "Ellen West" is one of the most empathetic poems of last century.

Simone Weil did her starvation from martyrdom. She refused any food during WWII, instead opting her food for children, or at least that is a plausible conjecture. The other is tied to her studies on Schopenhauer, where he states that self-starvation is an act of self-denial.

Reactions: Garbage Person and esse_est_percipi
Need2DIEquick

Need2DIEquick

Sep 21, 2020
Honestly I haven't eaten in about a week. Leaving my room and going to the living room gives me a lot of anxiety and I fear that my stepmom will come and harass me so I only go out to grab water. I don't know how many pounds I have lost but it looks like a lot I only feel pain walking around and get headaches and back pain standing up. But if you were to just lie in bed and only take a couple of steps u shouldn't feel much of anything. The only thing that really bothers me is the fact I can taste the pills that I tried to OD on the last time I tried to kill myself. If I were to choose starvation is way better. Dehydration kicks in in about a week and when I went just 2 days without water it wasn't pleasant. Starvation kicks in in a month so I don't think you'll feel anything until you near that. You should just hang yourself honestly. I was going to but I can't guarantee 30 minutes of not being found and I fear being saved. A psych ward is not a place anyone should be and I don't wanna end up a vegetable at the mercy of my family till the day I die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword, ERASED, sourpink and 1 other person
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I would think not drinking would be worse than not eating. I've really cut back on food myself and have lost about 2 stone (about 15% of my body weight), and once I got used to not eating I can easily go for 2 to 3 days without food.

But I drink loads of coffee or tea or water, i couldn't not drink, I think that would be really bad for you (well, would quickly make you feel really bad), whereas not eating is not so bad, since your body just uses the fat and muscle for energy.

Reactions: ERASED
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
Honestly I haven't eaten in about a week. Leaving my room and going to the living room gives me a lot of anxiety and I fear that my stepmom will come and harass me so I only go out to grab water. I don't know how many pounds I have lost but it looks like a lot I only feel pain walking around and get headaches and back pain standing up. But if you were to just lie in bed and only take a couple of steps u shouldn't feel much of anything. The only thing that really bothers me is the fact I can taste the pills that I tried to OD on the last time I tried to kill myself. If I were to choose starvation is way better. Dehydration kicks in in about a week and when I went just 2 days without water it wasn't pleasant. Starvation kicks in in a month so I don't think you'll feel anything until you near that. You should just hang yourself honestly. I was going to but I can't guarantee 30 minutes of not being found and I fear being saved. A psych ward is not a place anyone should be and I don't wanna end up a vegetable at the mercy of my family till the day I die.

We pretty much are in the same boat here, drifting towards god knows what. I've been fasting for a week now staying in my room. Can't seem to eat. No appetite. I do drink beer however, and that is high on carbs.

Reactions: ERASED, Skathon and sourpink
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
i see bit i think there are some conditions that make me suitable:
-i hate eating
-i am already starving becaise of the pain i get from eating. 188cm 48kg is quite serious
-i have SN but due to my stomach condition it will probably hurt like hell taking it

• Hugs
Reactions: ERASED and Meditation guide
Need2DIEquick

Need2DIEquick

Sep 21, 2020
We pretty much are in the same boat here, drifting towards god knows what. I've been fasting for a week now staying in my room. Can't seem to eat. No appetite. I do drink beer however, and that is high on carbs.
Hopefully there is a afterlife or at the very least were reborn. I don't even have the will to take a brush my teeth anymore. Life seems meaningless. Wish I could just ask god to kill me.
i see bit i think there are some conditions that make me suitable:
-i hate eating
-i am already starving becaise of the pain i get from eating. 188cm 48kg is quite serious
-i have SN but due to my stomach condition it will probably hurt like hell taking it
Idk if your suicidal and you want to kill yourself by not eating but if you don't go to a doctor and have them hook you up to an IV. I'm pretty sure that that should keep you alive.

Last edited:
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
Idk if your suicidal and you want to kill yourself by not eating but if you don't go to a doctor and have them hook you up to an IV. I'm pretty sure that that should keep you alive.
yes...i want to die. after all my life making enormous efforts to eat, now its just horrible pain after eating the slightest. im just tired

if i go to the hospital severely aciated as i am now, would they give me paliative care if i tell them i refuse to eat?

Need2DIEquick

Need2DIEquick

Sep 21, 2020
If thats the case you should just try to hang yourself starvation takes too long and i find it hard to believe it's a pleasant sight. Hanging to me seems more dignified.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
If thats the case you should just try to hang yourself starvation takes too long and i find it hard to believe it's a pleasant sight. Hanging to me seems more dignified.
Each to their own brother, one mans perfect way is anothers most dreaded.

Everyone has to make their own choice.

Reactions: ERASED, Skathon and Superdeterminist
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
i dont know how to do it...nor where. it doesnt seem that easy

Need2DIEquick

Need2DIEquick

Sep 21, 2020
i dont know how to do it...nor where. it doesnt seem that easy
All you need is rope and a support for it. Check out the how to hang yourself forum. I am going to use a nylon rope and some cloth to make it softer. The only thing that should really worry you is being found before you die.

Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
@MariV I caution you to read very carefully on hanging if that is an interest. I tried and spectacularly failed, spraining my neck and probably brain damage. It takes effort to make sure everything is in place, and making sure to guard against any possible contingency.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I can tell you from experience that dehydration will lead to headaches so terrible you'll want to kill yourself just to make it stop.

Reactions: Pen>Sword, ERASED, Skathon and 3 others
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
@MariV I caution you to read very carefully on hanging if that is an interest. I tried and spectacularly failed, spraining my neck and probably brain damage. It takes effort to make sure everything is in place, and making sure to guard against any possible contingency.
yes...thats why im interested in VSED
you can always stop and recover

Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
yes...thats why im interested in VSED
you can always stop and recover

You just reminded me of an interesting form of ritual suicide in Jainism. Its called Sallekhana. A holy person starts to slowly abstain from eating and meditating at the face of death. I remember as a child I read (I think it was in the Mahabharata) that someone slowly abstained food and water until they ate blades of grass and a few drops of dew. Anyway, this isn't really a viable option for you because of the duration is so long. But many have achieved this in history.

glitchgirl

glitchgirl

A glitch that was never meant to exist
May 29, 2020
What are your views on this? if you google reports you find the most diverse experiences:
-we are naturally prepared for not finding food so the body releases pleasant chemicals
-its a torture

i cant eat due to pain so i really wonder whats coming next. i am 188cm 48kg
Since you have a physical condition wouldn't the doctors be aware of it? When did it start? I'm sure they would put a NG tube in you so you can revive nutrition? Or TPN, that goes directly into your bloodstream I think, through the heart. But it's risky long term since I think it can affect your liver etc. I'm just surprised you are that weight and no one has intervined, unless your circumstances differ.

Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
what happened?
Was the anchor point not secure enough?

No, the ligature did not tighten enough. My body moved to a position that blood came back and I came to. I was really drunk to be honest and a little hasty by pushing my neck into the rope so I can tighten the ligature (which it did not) and cut off my carotids as quickly as possible so I don't get the head fullness.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Smellanie

Smellanie

Feb 28, 2019
Dehydration sucks. I wasn't able to drink for 2 days because of surgery and literally all I could think of was how fucking thirsty I was. They let me chew ice but it wasn't even close to enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword and ERASED
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
I did intermittent dry fasting for my health condition. up to 6 days without food and water and I also did water fasting up to 30 days. It's increadibly difficult to kill yourself this way.