HiImPaul

HiImPaul

Student
Nov 5, 2021
My primary care physician prescribed me 10mg lexapro yesterday until I can get in to see a psychiatrist in April. Took the first dose this morning. Just trying to exhaust every option before I decided to ctb. Who knows, maybe it'll help 🤷‍♂️

Maybe I'll add an update comment to this thread every now and then.

• Love
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, blueclover_., bed and 1 other person
ghost_

ghost_

Boo!
Nov 10, 2021
I am also on lexapro :) I hope it works for you! I wish you all the best

• Hugs
Reactions: HiImPaul and bed
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
I hope it works well for you <3

I assume you know this but if not i'll put it here anyway; If you notice your symptoms becoming worse make an appointment as soon as you can with your doctor.

• Hugs
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, HiImPaul, blueclover_. and 1 other person
HiImPaul

HiImPaul

Student
Nov 5, 2021
I hope it works well for you <3

I assume you know this but if not i'll put it here anyway; If you notice your symptoms becoming worse make an appointment as soon as you can with your doctor.
Yeah she went over that with me. Although she said my anxiety might get a little worse for the first two weeks but then go down after that if it does work. She also said it in some people it can cause thoughts of suicide so call her if that happens… too late oops 🤪
I am also on lexapro :) I hope it works for you! I wish you all the best
How do you feel it works for you? Browsing the subreddit it seems like a lot of people either love it or don't.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: bed
HiImPaul

HiImPaul

Student
Nov 5, 2021
Update: drug gave me akathisia on my second day taking it fucking hell.

NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I hope you have luck with Lexapro.

My doctor tried me on it several years ago and I had to stop taking it after only a few days because it was starting to cause tardive dyskinesia. I still have a permanent twitch from that.

HiImPaul

HiImPaul

Student
Nov 5, 2021
I hope you have luck with Lexapro.

My doctor tried me on it several years ago and I had to stop taking it after only a few days because it was starting to cause tardive dyskinesia. I still have a permanent twitch from that.
Yeah I had to stop after 3 days. Developed akathesia and episodes of what I can only describe as intense terror with no cause. Talked to them today and they want me to try Zoloft now 🤷‍♂️

• Hugs
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
It can take trying a lot of meds to find the right one sometimes. I was on-and-off different antidepressants from 15-27 until I finally found the right one. SSRIs as a whole class made me go from depressed to violently suicidal. The first SNRI I was put on did the trick, though. I haven't been hospitalized for psych issues in almost 6 years, the longest time since I was 15.

HiImPaul

HiImPaul

Student
Nov 5, 2021
It can take trying a lot of meds to find the right one sometimes. I was on-and-off different antidepressants from 15-27 until I finally found the right one. SSRIs as a whole class made me go from depressed to violently suicidal. The first SNRI I was put on did the trick, though. I haven't been hospitalized for psych issues in almost 6 years, the longest time since I was 15.
Hope that's not the same case with me and SSRIs. My suicidal thoughts were definitely increases during my terror and akathesia episodes. Had to pace around my room for a few hours to calm down each time. Almost woke my mom up to take me to the hospital. I'll start Zoloft tomorrow and hopefully I won't experience the same thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Good luck. Keep us updated.

F

freedfromvice

Jan 23, 2023
Yeah I had to stop after 3 days. Developed akathesia and episodes of what I can only describe as intense terror with no cause. Talked to them today and they want me to try Zoloft now 🤷‍♂️
I got those bouts of intense terror from seemingly out of nowhere too. It was really bizarre and scary, like there was this buzzing or drilling noise and it was causing me intense fear. And I had some of the most terrifying dreams I've ever had, like 100x scarier than anything in any movie or game. This side effect went away though for me after a few days. Came back after I increased dose but again went away after a few days.

I'm about a month and change into lexapro and it seems to help with my anxiety a bit, but I still end up staying inside most of the time because it killed my energy/motivation and focus. Got my doc to prescribe me wellbutrin to go along with it to help with the energy levels. Only a few days in and haven't noticed many significant changes, maybe slightly higher energy but its hard to tell.