YouLookSoCool

YouLookSoCool

Aug 7, 2023
Not fully committed to ending it all just yet, maybe might just leave and start a new life somewhere? Has anyone ever done this before? How did it/is it going for you?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Esedia
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
this belongs in the recovery section
That message seems to fit better in the Recovery section. You're expressing uncertainty about ending it all and considering alternative solutions, like starting a new life elsewhere. The tone suggests you're open to hearing from others who may have found a different path, which aligns with seeking help, advice, or new perspectives. This could be beneficial for you and for others who might be in a similar place, trying to navigate options besides suicide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
Not fully committed to ending it all just yet, maybe might just leave and start a new life somewhere? Has anyone ever done this before? How did it/is it going for you?
You can do this, but changing your life doesn't necessarily have to involve moving. Plenty of things you can change where you live when you think about it. Either way, whether you stay where you are or move, as long as you have thoughts like this, it means you're far from being ready to CTB. Which is a good thing, if you can make your life good enough, whatever your plan ends up being.

Reactions: Esedia
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes. Not counting uni- which is a big life change, I've pretty much started my life again 3 times- each time included a few hundred mile move and a new job. I'd say it does kind of help initially. There's that initial relief of being out of the situation/place you were unhappy enough in to make you want to start again. There's also the fear and excitement of being in a new place with new people. Some of your time and attention gets swallowed up learning the new ropes... However...

If you do it, I'd say- do it properly. If there are deeper things in life that are troubling you or holding you back eg. social anxiety, childhood trauma, depression, all those problems come along with you! If you truly want a new start- better to use it to confront those things. It's equally as easy to say to yourself- I'm challenging myself enough with this new job, new place, new people- I'm not going to push myself any further to do things I find uncomfortable. That's pretty much what I did in the end and it means you end up with the same mindset as you had before, you just have it in a new location!

I guess what I mean in a nutshell is- if you do it, do it to run towards something. If you're simply just running away, the stuff you're running away from may well catch you up at some point- if you don't mentally deal with it I guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0