• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Fennec123

Fennec123

Nov 26, 2022
My chosen method is Nitrogen & Exit bag, but I've always thought of having a "backup method" and I thought about stabbing myself in the neck if (for whatever reason) i fucked up the exit bag method.

I was thinking a smallish knife, maybe 3 - 4" and aiming just to the side of my throat, with the aim of hitting a major artery or nerve.

Is that even a half reliable method?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: lessthanperfect, TimetoGo!, Xiaomi and 1 other person
DeepDespair101

DeepDespair101

Just Give Me Drugs
Dec 13, 2022
It'd probably be pretty reliable but would be far from peaceful or painless.

• Hugs
Reactions: lessthanperfect, counting-out-time, Green Destiny and 2 others
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
I've seen pictures of people with pretty severe self-harm addiction trying to stab their own necks and ending up in the hospital with a few stitches. You need a whole of courage to do it, not saying it's impossible but survival instinct will freaking kick in. I have no idea if the best idea would be to go quick or extremely slow. Obviously, you need a very nice extremely sharp knife. I don't really think that this method would be extremely reliable but I wish you best of luck.

• Hugs
Reactions: lessthanperfect, sincerelysad and Huntfish34
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I( think you need to know the anatomy of this area really well to get this right- it can work I think, but it is much more likely not to work- then you have a biug scar on your neck that everyone can see and know what happened. If you do a lot os research on this method on the internet you might be able to find a way to make it reliable.

• Hugs
Reactions: lessthanperfect and Huntfish34
Lone_Traveler90

Lone_Traveler90

Jan 7, 2023
It's not reliable method unless you hit artery and then move the knive/pick around to create big wound. Worse case scenario you end up in hospital and die weeks later of infection.

• Hugs
Reactions: lessthanperfect and Huntfish34
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It's not reliable method unless you hit artery and then move the knive/pick around to create big wound. Worse case scenario you end up in hospital and die weeks later of infection.
A qworse case might be surviving with a big scar on your neck that freaks everyone out around you, honestly.

Reactions: lessthanperfect
Monkeyman

Monkeyman

Dec 27, 2022
I believe it's not very reliable unless you have a good knife for that, know where to stab and what to do, no one is around to find you when doing it, and you're 100% sure SI won't kick in. I've met personally someone who tried this as a method and not only was it horribly agonizing, it didn't work, their mother found them and it left a scar.

Reactions: lessthanperfect and Skathon
CowsAgainstCapitali

CowsAgainstCapitali

Dec 11, 2022
The one person I know who used this method was unsuccessful. He used a pen to puncture his jugular, then used a finger to try to keep the blood flowing. Blood is very good at clotting and the body can shut down arteries to prevent blood loss though, and he ended up in the hospital.

I seriously contemplated this method during incarceration as it was the only tool availible to me, but I decided against it for lack of reliability. In order to make a sufficient wound, you would need to be able to bypass our instinct/reflex to halt a dangerous action. That might result in a hesitation, twitch or half strength thrust, terrible injury instead of death.

Reactions: lessthanperfect and liana
P

pipapo

Dec 15, 2022
don't do it boy
nobody deserves suffering like that
you don't want to do it that way

hold on until you have a more peaceful method. respect yourself bro đź‘Š

Reactions: Aya&Dazy
Rob1984

Rob1984

A day in the life
Jan 8, 2021
Chosen method: Exit bag
Backup plan: stab neck with knife

Nice! I like how both plans are on complete opposite sides of the pain spectrum... lmao

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020

Nice! I like how both plans are on complete opposite sides of the pain spectrum... lmao
.... what's so funny about that?

Rob1984

Rob1984

A day in the life
Jan 8, 2021
.... what's so funny about that?

It's just ironic that his main method is considered one of the (if not most) peaceful, and his backup plan is one of the most painful.

I like his style, but it also makes me giggle. Sorry if my sense of humor is a little dark!

LookingOverTheEdge

LookingOverTheEdge

Hello Darkness my old friend
Jul 13, 2020
I strongly advise against that as a method. The human body is pretty resilient, but I think it would take a very rare mind to be able to go through with that and complete it. That's going to be a great deal of suffering surely.

disorder

disorder

Jan 10, 2023
i don't think it is a good and reliable method. as it seems very painful because of SI and high chances of survival if you don't do it right and having therefore to live with a visible scar in your neck for the rest of your life

Reactions: Someone123
X

Xiaomi

Taking a break: October 24, 2023 and onwards
Aug 8, 2020
It's a bad idea dear. You're better off hanging yourself using bedsheet or towel with a doorknob or window.

Fennec123

Fennec123

Nov 26, 2022

haha Yeah i know, tbh the neck thing is more of a "if i wake up and ive fucked up, just stab myself" kinda deal... but im starting to think it's just a bad idea overall

Reactions: Rob1984
Rob1984

Rob1984

A day in the life
Jan 8, 2021
haha Yeah i know, tbh the neck thing is more of a "if i wake up and ive fucked up, just stab myself" kinda deal... but im starting to think it's just a bad idea overall
Yes, if you really are considering it as a backup plan, like everyone has said you should reconsider. Not only can it go wrong for many reasons, but it also will likely be very, very painful and can last for quite some time. :notsure:

riamu

riamu

walking waste of bandages
Jan 5, 2023
oh hey, that's pretty similar to my backup method! i've always thought of cutting an artery as being a fitting way for me to go (self harmer with a flair for the dramatic) and i play with the idea from time to time. but tbh it's probably not worth the pain and the risk of surviving if you miss the right spot.