C

cantbe

Aug 4, 2020
Anyone had any luck with any medication for anxiety or anhedonia?

Last edited:
Reactions: Metalhead and Kat!
T

ts0hill

Victim of the pharmaceutical industry
Oct 17, 2020
yes.. i think if u withdrawal to quick without the brain being able to redajust and regrow the nerves.. I went cold turkey at first off a benzo in 2016 and couldn't feel anything.. it was terrifying but then I went back up to my original does and tapered which worked

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
The meds caused my anhedonia !!

Reactions: chrisbate7 and Metalhead
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I've tried a couple of SSRIs for my depression, not anxiety
so far I've had no luck

Reactions: sadworld and Metalhead
Metalhead

Metalhead

Born slippy
Sep 21, 2020
I am diagnosed with bipolar and have been on many different meds, anti depressants, Ssri, anti psychotics, mood stabilisers and benzodiazepines. The only one that gave me relief in the short term was benzodiazepines but doctors will only prescribe a short course.

A

ADruinedmylife

Oct 5, 2020
SSRIs are notoriously bad if anhedonia is one of your symptoms because they just flatten stuff

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I have general anxiety and had luck with Venlafaxine. But you can't really take any of these suggestions too seriously because everyone reacts to meds differently. For me it could be amazing but for you it could worsen your problems. I tried plenty meds and a lot of them did nothing or made it worse. I also suffer from panic attacks and got bromazepam for that.

Reactions: clocktower
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
SSRIs destroyed my life and I was only on them for four months, and just two hours ago my akathisia, which was caused by them, came back. I had it for year and it was finally almost nonexistent.. then bam, it's back. It also destroyed my libido, which has been super high ever since I was a kid (no joke, a kid) and I'm pretty sure I'm just asexual now. Then again, others are saved by them., No one can give you an accurate answer because everyone reacts so differently to them.

W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
I've been on so many medications it's crazy. Anti psychotics, anti depressants, benzos, etc etc

When being prescribed a med, research it... look at every side effect please. Know your medication-

I'm so anxious, i tremor, my memory is really bad, my kidneys are damaged, i'm so low but a flat low that spikes sometimes into super depression... i don't know what's me and what was caused by the meds so long ago and what are as a result of side effects... i don't sleep! I have joy in nothing. I don't know- is that the meds? Me? What?

I'm on a drug cocktail but if i stop them all - even slowly and safely- i spiral into definite ctb attempts... end up in hospital.

So i just say, please research your meds before taking them. If it says "only take for 2 weeks then stop"on the web but the dr has prescribed it for a year, question that!!

For anxiety- lorazepam helps me during an anxiety attack.
Nothing helps my anhedonia, i think it all makes it worse.

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Benzos helps with my anxiety but i don't recommend unless it's absolutely necessary. It's highly addictive and you will hit tolerance which means you will need to increase your dosage eventually for the benzo to have the desire effect.

I believe long term use of Clonezepam and Antidepressants has worsen my anhedonia in the long run. This stuff isn't meant to be taken long term. Ask you doctor and do your own research at the same time.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
For anxiety, Ativan was amazing. I took it for years. But now I can't get a prescription, and it sucks. They have me on propranolol, but it's not even close. Sure, it does ok with the physical symptoms, but my mind is still a freaked out mess. I was on klonopin for a few years in between, but I don't really like how it makes me feel.

I suffer from very severe anhedonia, but so far nothing has helped. There are some meds like Trintellix that I feel might, but it wasn't one of my symptoms when I was on those and my prescriber doesn't want me to try again for whatever reason.