B

beepboopbot

Jun 18, 2021
I recently read about the spoon theory, which basically represents your energy with spoons. For every task you do, you have to spend an amount of spoons. For some people having issues like chronic illness or depression, their amount of spoons is considerably less. When you're out of spoons, you have to rest to try to get some spoons back, which may be harder to do depending on your situation. Many people will never be constrained by their number of spoons, and will often end their day with some spoons left over. The genius of this analogy is that's it makes people realize that our energy levels are beyond our

I thought of my energy the same way, but just not with spoons. I want to add to this by representing my mental health/sanity as bubbles of air my lungs intake. As with the previous analogy, people facing issues will have less. I often face hard decisions where I have to decide between sanity or work. I always choose sanity so my grades have been not as good as before and there's nothing I can do about it.

Sorry if this post sounded too serious. Just wanted to share this for people who feel guilt over their energy levels.

Reactions: western_heart, Mistake of Nature, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I am a part of the me/cfs community and the spoon theory is often mentioned there. I find it has a lot in common with pacing.

/Greetings from someone who woke up with zero spoons today
beyond our what?

This was a test to see if anyone paid attention. You won :-D

• Yay!
Reactions: Remember-Me-Not
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
"Energy levels" doesn't cut it? :pfff:

Reactions: Makko and Ame
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I have always had significantly lower energy levels than most people. Life is very exhausting to me. I am familiar with the spoon theory, it is often used to try and make people who do not suffer from a chronic illness understand what it is like to live with it.

littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I am a part of the me/cfs community and the spoon theory is often mentioned there. I find it has a lot in common with pacing.

/Greetings from someone who woke up with zero spoons today

This was a test to see if anyone paid attention. You won :-D
Also part of the MECFS community, and I have a parent with fibromyalgia, so I'm familiar with the spoon theory as well. The people that I've met within the community are incredible, but I honestly just wish I wasn't apart of this community at all... this illness is such a son of a bitch. :(

Greetings and hugs back at you from someone who likewise has absolutely no spoons.

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Keep your spoons away from Uri Geller. He fucks them up. Bad.

• Yay!
Reactions: Makko and Ame