• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Decided98

Decided98

“All life is a near death experience.”
Dec 27, 2022
Anyone heard of deaths associated with Hyperkalemia High Potassium from Spironolactone I'm on it for acne and the doctor said you need to get your bloods done as, too much potassium can be fatal.
Or is it unlikely?

tary

tary

Student
Jul 3, 2022
There have apparently been deaths associated with hyperkalemia of people on spironolactone, although the people mentioned here seem to have been older and had poor heart health to begin with.
Hospital admissions for hyperkalemia had been climbing slowly from 1994 (2.4/1000) through 1999 (4.0/1000), but increased nearly threefold to 11/1000 by late 2001 (P < .001). The rate of hyperkalemia associated with in-hospital death rose gradually between 1994 (0.3/1000) and 1999 (0.7/1000), but increased nearly threefold after publication of the RALES to 2.0/1000 in late 2001 (P < .001). Patients treated with spironolactone were on average 13 years older than patients in the RALES. There were equal numbers of men and women. Most patients were also taking loop diuretics, and more than half had been hospitalized for heart failure within the previous month.
I personally used spiro for a year or so when I first started my MTF trans hormone treatment. I didn't adjust my diet in any way and didn't have problems with hyperkalemia. I think you'd have to really go out of your way to even get hyperkalemia, much less get it bad enough to kill you.

Reactions: Decided98
Decided98

Decided98

“All life is a near death experience.”
Dec 27, 2022
There have apparently been deaths associated with hyperkalemia of people on spironolactone, although the people mentioned here seem to have been older and had poor heart health to begin with.

I personally used spiro for a year or so when I first started my MTF trans hormone treatment. I didn't adjust my diet in any way and didn't have problems with hyperkalemia. I think you'd have to really go out of your way to even get hyperkalemia, much less get it bad enough to kill you.
Thank you for this information! ☺️

Reactions: tary