SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
Anyone else deal with major spending guilt? Whenever I spend a lot of money it fills me with an incredible sense of dread. I had a bit of money that was *gifted* to me via Amazon gift cards (long story) and we are going to be adopting one or two new kittens soon and I spent almost all of that money on stuff for the new cat(s). I don't know why, but I feel terrible. Like I don't deserve it and like I don't deserve anything. I feel this way whenever I spend any money. I just feel like I don't deserve anything.

On top of that, I feel like I can't save money. My mom raised me always buying me stuff I wanted, spoiling me, always living very materialistic. She would always say "if you want it, buy it. What's the point in buying it later? Just get it now." If I ever wanted to hold off on buying something I want (mostly because spending the money makes me feel bad). It feels insanely hard for me to save money. I wish I was raised more frugal. My dad is really frugal and never spent too much on me as a kid. If anyone else has experiences like this, I'd love to hear it... I've never really heard of anyone else having this problem (but of course I know there are people who likely do have this problem or similar).

• Love
Reactions: Kalista