• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
From applying the logic we as EU united this thought would be stupid. If one country struggles this is bad for the rest. Especially if it is a very strong/big country that usually leads the group. Germany also transfers money to other states. On the other hand side we profit of the cheap currency because we export so much products.

When I was a teenager I was a conservative. I was pretty selfish and self-centered and read the most powerful German yellow press newspaper. I remember the Euro crisis with Italy and Greece struggling severely almost going bankrupt. The recently deceased treasury secretary Schäuble and Merkel were portrayed as Nazis by Greek protesters. In my country many newspapers depicted Greeks as lazy and many of them not paying their taxes. I was quite young and bought into that narrative. I think I was okay with austerity politics. Nowadays I am way more critical of it. I read the suicide rates during that austerity politics time period skyrocketed.

Some Southern European are doing way better than in the past. Do you feel schadenfreude when you see Germany struggling? I think we have not reached our rock bottom yet. It could become way worse. And the right-wing extreme party is already the second strongest part. They say populists are the strongest in countries that still have much to lose. And yes Germans still have a lot to lose.

So the situation seems to get a lot worse before it gets better. How are you feeling about it?