BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
He said no. Well, I'm hella surprised at that. I assumed that he wouldn't go out with me because I was ugly. He said that I "couldn't be more wrong".

Now I am too lazy to exercise to achieve the body I want. Sigh

• Wow
Reactions: houseofleaves and TheSoulless
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
why did you think he would call you ugly?

Reactions: BeeLoyal
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
He might not want to ruin a good friendship that's all. I have quite a few really attractive, funny, caring female friends and I wouldn't date any of them. It might be a massive compliment him not wanting to date you, it could mean he cares that much he doesn't want to risk losing you - which can often happen when you go from friends to lovers.

Reactions: houseofleaves, CometDustBear, Deleted member 94 and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I was a bit concerned when I read the end of the OP about achieving the body you want. Are you wanting to do it for yourself, or in the hope that he will find you attractive enough to date you?

Took me decades to learn this, no one told me, but I figured it out from experience and from observing others: In general, when someone is self-confident no matter what their body looks like, it's that confidence and self-acceptance which shine and draw people to be attracted to them. That's what's sexy, not the body type. I look back at all the years I hated myself because of my body, and when I lost weight and felt more attractive, then I got more folks attracted to me. Now I'm somewhere in between, feel good about myself regardless, and still get the same amount of attention. In fact, I do things like dressing down and wearing a fake wedding ring to draw less attention because I'm not interested in being approached. It's the self-attitude that is the draw, not a particular body style. People want to be with people who feel good about themselves, and if you feel good about who you are regardless of your body type, then there's no pressure to maintain it and no loss of self-worth if it changes.

A case in point from an observation: I had a neighbor who I was not at all attracted to. Suddenly, after a few years, I found him attractive, and I was confused by that. Then I realized what had happened. He'd gotten in a relationship and was really happy. He had a new sparkle in his eyes, he carried himself differently. He didn't have the greatest body, and his body hadn't changed. I found him more attractive because he felt more attractive, confident, and happy. But if all that relied on outer rather than inner acceptance, then if he broke up with the woman and didn't feel good about himself as a result, I would have found him less attractive again. I didn't see how it played out, I moved when the relationship was still new.

Reactions: houseofleaves, Myforevercharlie, Brink and 2 others
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
He might not want to ruin a good friendship that's all. I have quite a few really attractive, funny, caring female friends and I wouldn't date any of them. It might be a massive compliment him not wanting to date you, it could mean he cares that much he doesn't want to risk losing you - which can often happen when you go from friends to lovers.
I asked him about this, he doesn't want to answer me. I have to read him since he's a pretty private person. He told me that he doesn't want to get into a romantic relationship, but he never stated why. So I'm left with this dreadful hanging ending.

• Aww..
Reactions: houseofleaves
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I asked him about this, he doesn't want to answer me. I have to read him since he's a pretty private person. He told me that he doesn't want to get into a romantic relationship, but he never stated why. So I'm left with this dreadful hanging ending.

This may sound blunt, but there is no harshness here: His answer is no. He does not have to explain why that's his answer. He's made it clear with his consistent behavior what level of intimacy he's willing to offer with regard to his thoughts as well as what kind of relationship.

Reactions: houseofleaves, HelensNepenthe, GoBack and 3 others