• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

restingplace

restingplace

Emo corpse
Mar 7, 2024
There's a few songs I love with my whole heart and mean the world to me so I'll list a few.

Brother- Gerard Way (me and my best friend listened to it while it was heavily raining once, the meaning behind the song also describes our friendship perfectly)
Brother-Gerard Way

How to disappear completely- Radiohead (listened to this song religiously before my last attempt, signed off my note with lyrics to this song)
HTDC-Radiohead

Videotape- Radiohead (this song brings out so many emotions in me, it feels like someone slowly dying, very comforting and beautiful)
Videotape-Radiohead

Emergency contact- Pierce the Veil ( comfort song, listened to it right after my last attempt and it's just super calming)
Emergency contact-PTV

Sleep-My Chemical Romance (again comforting and super powerful, blasting it through My amps never fails to make me feel alive)
Sleep-MCR

Boring-The Brobecks (old friend used to love some of the brobecks, no longer see him. Boring was always a song I returned back to when life left unbearable, listened to it on new years with my best friends)
Boring-The Brobecks

A warm place-Nine Inch Nails (again feels like someone reaching the end of their life, painfully beautiful)
A warm place-NIN

is it just me who has songs like these that feel like the world to me or do you guys have some too because I'd love to hear

Last edited:
T

ToastInTheShell

Mar 17, 2024
When I was a kid I had this IPod mini I took everywhere and I listened to the music all the time, it was chock full of 2010s songs and I would blast "now thats what I call music" playlists through my headphones. A bunch of them were super forgotten shit like Meghan Trainor and Jessie J (tho the nostalgia I have for them is also crazy lol), but songs like Riptide by Vance Joy, Hey Now by London Grammar and Take Me to Church by Hozier will always have a place in my heart.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Viva La Vida. It describes the rise and fall of my life. My life is a movie tragedy

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning, I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own
I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
Now the old king is dead, long live the king
One minute, I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand
I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringin'
Roman Cavalry choirs are singin'
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason, I can't explain
Once you'd gone, there was never, never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world
It was a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh, who would ever want to be king?
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
For some reason, I can't explain
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh, oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh, oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh, oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh, oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh, oh
Roman Cavalry choirs are singin'
For some reason I can't explain
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

Last edited:
OICU812

OICU812

Aug 31, 2023
A warm place-Nine Inch Nails (again feels like someone reaching the end of their life, painfully beautiful)
A warm place-NIN

OMG I thought I was the only one who loved this song. I always listened to "The Downward Spiral" during the height of my drug phase. That entire playlist always took me to my dark place, and that song always sounds so peaceful. It reminds me of Aokigahara, the suicide forest in Japan. That's my #1 bucket list CTB place when I'm ready.

restingplace

restingplace

Emo corpse
Mar 7, 2024
OMG I thought I was the only one who loved this song. I always listened to "The Downward Spiral" during the height of my drug phase. That entire playlist always took me to my dark place, and that song always sounds so peaceful. It reminds me of Aokigahara, the suicide forest in Japan. That's my #1 bucket list CTB place when I'm ready.
Yesss the downwards spiral has such a powerful atmosphere to it, i love it

CocoToxBase

CocoToxBase

Suffering
Jan 8, 2024
All of NF's songs I completely relate to him and his lyrics

Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
Bad Apple

I'm familiar with Touhou and play a few games from time to time. I have a lot of soundtracks that I feel extremely nostalgic to as well. This song takes the cake though. I feel a very deep emotional connection to this, such a great song with amazing visuals. The lyrics also speak to me in a very intimate manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: robotomy
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
Hardly ever smile(without you) - poison girl friend

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

Alright, let me explain. This movie came out at a pivotal point in my life. I was feeling upset about my animation degree not going anywhere because all the classes were impacted and it turns out I'm actually a shitty artist. This song convinced me to "let go" of these things that were troubling me.

astrichaoz

astrichaoz

And if I were someone else, would this be easier?
Apr 15, 2024
Mind Electric by Miracle Musical
Easier by Crane Wives
Counting Sheep by Crane Wives
Adam's Song by Blink-182

Reactions: restingplace
S

sapped

Apr 14, 2024
Alone Again - Gilbert O'Sullivan

I Just Wasn't Made For These Times - The Beach Boys (the Jim James cover is really sweet too)

Rises the Moon - Liana Flores

Pitseleh - Elliott Smith

Reactions: goodjunkies
melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
When I was a kid I had this IPod mini I took everywhere and I listened to the music all the time, it was chock full of 2010s songs and I would blast "now thats what I call music" playlists through my headphones. A bunch of them were super forgotten shit like Meghan Trainor and Jessie J (tho the nostalgia I have for them is also crazy lol), but songs like Riptide by Vance Joy, Hey Now by London Grammar and Take Me to Church by Hozier will always have a place in my heart.
Meghan trainor goes crazy, idk why I think she is so beautiful 🤩…. My crush …. Ahhh lmao so random sorry

I'm a high school lover

And you're my favorite flavor

Love is all, all my soul

You're my playground love

Yet my hands are shaking

I feel my body remains

Themes no matter, I'm on fire

On the playground, love

You're the piece of gold

The flushes all my soul

Extra time, on the ground

Anytime, anyway

🔥

Reactions: restingplace
Ditto

Ditto

Apr 26, 2024
Ditto - Newjeans.

This song has a story and it means a lot to me.
I love this song.
It also came out in a special moment in my life so i like that also :)
this song makes me have an emotional rollercoaster. Happy, sad, content, depressed, anything but stressed. this song is so peaceful

J

Jiroscope

Apr 8, 2021
Star Shopping - Lil Peep

This music's the only thing keepin' the peace when I'm fallin' to pieces

Look at the sky tonight, all of the stars have a reason

A reason to shine, a reason like mine and I'm fallin' to pieces

Look at the sky tonight, all of those stars have a reason

Lil Peep was the first artist that I felt truely understood how I was feeling at the time, and introduced me to the whole genre. It's a shame he died so young, he was going to be so big.