LoupDeFeu

LoupDeFeu

Idiot genius
May 18, 2021
I did a lot of tasks I've put off and instead of feeling all "yay", I felt more hopeless than ever. Anyone else get this feeling? It's like I'm more likely to keep going if I'm avoidant.

• Hugs
Reactions: western_heart, FuneralCry, shush and 4 others
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Yes me. I get super stressed trying to just get things done. The less I do the happier I am. Simply popping to a shop is hard work with my condition

Reactions: RottenApple, Susan472 and LoupDeFeu
LoupDeFeu

LoupDeFeu

Idiot genius
May 18, 2021
I was slowly doing small things here and there and feeling okay about it. I think today I tried to do too much. And too much for me is a pretty low bar, like you described.

Reactions: shush
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
I was slowly doing small things here and there and feeling okay about it. I think today I tried to do too much. And too much for me is a pretty low bar, like you described.
If I try do too much I get overwhelmed and then I'm wiped out totally for days trying to recover. It really sucks I can empathise with how your feeling

Reactions: RottenApple, LoupDeFeu and jbell213
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find even doing the most basic tasks exhausting sometimes. The majority of life is just a chore and all we are doing is waiting around to die really. It's all pointless.

Reactions: LoupDeFeu
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I can aboslutely relate. Working made me breakdown I turned abysmal depressed and did not function at all. It was embarrassing for me. I barely do anything productive. Free time helps my mental state a lot but povert is pure hell. There's no solution.

• Love
Reactions: Kalabrese, LoupDeFeu and western_heart
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
I can aboslutely relate. Working made me breakdown I turned abysmal depressed and did not function at all. It was embarrassing for me. I barely do anything productive. Free time helps my mental state a lot but povert is pure hell. There's no solution.
Same...

I keep thinking I'll recover from burnout somehow but I have no idea what would cause me to find work tolerable again

S

Susan472

Mar 13, 2021
Yes, we get told to go for walks to feel better but I will usually feel very stressed from being around any people which often cancels out any good feelings.

I will feel happier just watching TV.

Reactions: LoupDeFeu and EnnuiCat
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, the more normal I try to be, the more difficult it gets.

I think for people like us, whatever we want to do, is at least 3 times harder in comparison to a "normal person" and that's why everything is so exhausting.

Reactions: LoupDeFeu and EnnuiCat
EnnuiCat

EnnuiCat

Completely Catawampus
Nov 20, 2020
Yes, we get told to go for walks to feel better but I will usually feel very stressed from being around any people which often cancels out any good feelings.

This is me to a tee. I feel more depressed and anxious when I go out into the world than when home by myself.

LoupDeFeu

LoupDeFeu

Idiot genius
May 18, 2021
I tried walking outside (at my therapist's urging) and at first it didn't do a thing but it did help a little; it just took doing it for at least a couple of weeks before it did anything. Maybe it has to be routine before you can feel comfortable with it?

I hate how people think being depressed and at home must be fun, like I spend all day watching movies and playing games or reading. Uh, no. I'm depressed. I hate being alive. I spend many days literally doing nothing and have difficulty concentrating on anything except death. I am not constantly entertained or at home "enjoying" depression.

Reactions: one.way.out and loopylou

92MS

Jun 5, 2020

I literally took a walk a week a ago at 3 am to relax and ended up worrying/focusing on the people around me

LoupDeFeu

LoupDeFeu

Idiot genius
May 18, 2021
I literally took a walk a week a ago at 3 am to relax and ended up worrying/focusing on the people around me
When I first took walks, I found myself just wondering how all the people I passed managed to go through life without wanting to die. That's what I thought about every single time for the first week or two of walks.