etrnllxid

etrnllxid

blunt
Aug 9, 2023
For me, I've always had a nihilistic worldview on pretty much everything. There are few things I am sure of in this world but if there's one thing I know it's that death is guaranteed.. everything else is a bonus like love, friendships and whatever. Honestly it's kinda funny thinking about it I could never imagine these bonuses being my reason to CTB, unfortunately during my time on this site I occasionally see posts of the despairing.. the ones who've had it the worst…their lover has left them! Guess you better ctb right? Fuck no! I get that everyone isn't me but fuck man your happiness is based off another individual? Can you genuinely not see a future for yourself without one person??? every one has their reasons for being here but if this is your reason you gotta be a poser lol not to diminish it or anything. Even if this was the straw that broke the camels back was it really?? Borderline parasitic behavior if this is you tell me why and if you agree lmk.

• Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and 8 others
S

Socrates Respecter

Apr 23, 2023
I get that everyone isn't me but fuck man your happiness is based off another individual? Can you genuinely not see a future for yourself without one person???
I agree with you man. It's so stupid.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i first became suicidal because my gf broke up with at age 18 now 37 not had another relationship since no sex for 19 years i'd of been absolutely right to kill my self, i'll never had what i need or want just this depressing lifetime, no girl i would want would ever want me, desire some love but get nothing instead the need for intimacy is a strong desire within me, the mother fucking world is a ghetto

Reactions: etrnllxid
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
I agree it's stupid but who are we to judge?

Reactions: Socrates Respecter, Buildingsandcastles and One day too late
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I don't know, have you ever lost someone you loved deeply? I haven't but I imagine that over time a relationship with a SO/friend can become a fundamental part of one's life, not just a bonus, so it does become hard to imagine life without them. It's a cliche but I guess you've got to be vulnerable to love. It might not be rational but I think it's understandable to feel that way. Though I hope those users go on to heal.

• Love
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, リンさん and rabbitmalice56
rabbitmalice56

rabbitmalice56

I ain't tryin' to live, pray I die
Sep 14, 2023
For me, ive never thought that relationship was important so i never really tried and never had one other than with internet and games lol. But ive started thinking if im really gonna suffer the same shit until the end of my life so i dont really see a future and started attempting ctb(just impulsively before i was in this forum).

Then someone came to my life(well more like i forcefully came to her life), and i thought maybe i could do it for her. A youtube video then came up to my recommendation about something else but quoted nietzsche on "why do i suffer" and that "the meaninglessness of suffering, not the suffering, was the curse that lay over mankind so far". I think thats what happened to me, like i dont see myself suffering for myself, im trying to find a reason for me, and thought maybe i should be suffering for others. Granted that others could be anyone not just your lover, but for me i dont see anyone else.

Im still not in a relationship cause i fucked it up lol so i dont know if i could actually suffer for others, but if that was my reason, i can see myself in a really deppresive episode if the reason im suffering for leave my life lol.

Sorry if im rambling and doesnt make sense lol, just woke up and on mobile.

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
I don't think bonding with people and having them as an integral part of your life is necessarily a bad thing. We're very social creatures after all. In my opinion, there are very few, if not none at all things better than a genuine, deep connection with another person. Be it romantic or platonic love.

It's only natural to be at loss when it suddenly disappears for whatever reason. Imagine the level of despair someone must be going through if they consider dying as the only way to ease this pain.

Think of old couples, when one dies, another usually passes shortly after. We can't possibly reject this part of ourselves without becoming miserable or going insane.

But that's just what I think. Everyone's needs are different, so are the experiences. I wouldn't judge someone for not wanting to get into relationships with people, just how I wouldn't judge someone mourning their loved one so deeply they only see death as the best solution.

• Love
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, One day too late, rabbitmalice56 and 1 other person
HAL 9000

HAL 9000

Heading toward Jupiter
Aug 3, 2023
Love is a very potent thing so it makes sense as to how it destroys certain people. It's the same factor that drives people to murder as well. Love is eternal. You attack people with little justification and your lack of perspective saddens me.

• Love
Reactions: One day too late, nicotine_goblin, rabbitmalice56 and 1 other person
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
like you said, each of us is different. our individual pain and suffering are what makes us unique.

how you react to heartbreak isn't similar to how the next person will take it. you can feel the emotion, but you will never understand the intensity to which it hurts others outside of yourself. you shouldn't assume as if you do either.

i don't know what you've gone through. as a result, I'm not going to assume how you feel, compare and contrast sufferings, or nitpick individual events from your life and judge whether it's reasonable for you to feel that way because it wouldn't hit as hard for me as it has for you and I also do not know you.

it's normal to feel the way you do. when you cannot grasp why someone can be feeling the way they do, it leaves you thinking. however, you shouldn't delve past the point of assuming how someone feels and talking about their situations because, again, you don't know just how intense that emotion is for them; you never will, and that's okay. same goes for others. they will never understand your situation and how you feel because it is your journey and yours alone.

and if I'm being honest, I like seeing posts like this because they remind me of how black and white most people think when it comes to other people's situations. I try my best to empathize and put myself in other's shoes to understand how they could feel and learn more about their situation, but I cannot ever say for sure that they will do that for me.

it reinforces the idea that I should continue to bite my tongue and keep everything inside. I'm tired of worrying about how others perceive of me and my situation when I vent. as toxic as it is, it's better to bottle it up and not have to deal with people.

• Love
Reactions: FailureToAll, One day too late, HAL 9000 and 3 others
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I agree but it's probably because I don't have much respect for anyone. I understand how transactional relationships are and don't care much for intimacy. Obviously I don't represent the majority.

Reactions: sserafim
whitherrvbound

whitherrvbound

Travelling between poles
Apr 18, 2023
For me, I've always had a nihilistic worldview on pretty much everything. There are few things I am sure of in this world but if there's one thing I know it's that death is guaranteed.. everything else is a bonus like love, friendships and whatever. Honestly it's kinda funny thinking about it I could never imagine these bonuses being my reason to CTB, unfortunately during my time on this site I occasionally see posts of the despairing.. the ones who've had it the worst…their lover has left them! Guess you better ctb right? Fuck no! I get that everyone isn't me but fuck man your happiness is based off another individual? Can you genuinely not see a future for yourself without one person??? every one has their reasons for being here but if this is your reason you gotta be a poser lol not to diminish it or anything. Even if this was the straw that broke the camels back was it really?? Borderline parasitic behavior if this is you tell me why and if you agree lmk.
Do you really think the real reason is a certain individual ? What a shallow sighted view. Nah those people the loved ones are just a symptom of a real and ever occuring problem. No one in this world is that special to die for (unless it involves some tragedy such as death or circumstances being shit but still). Underlying problem is mental problems which causes huge vacuums in some people who were neglected deeply in their childhood THE REAL REASON IS NEVER A PERSON. Get a grip mate.

Reactions: pole and FailureToAll
FailureToAll

FailureToAll

Student
Sep 9, 2023
I've been suicidal for a long time for multiple reasons but after a breakup I did get a lot worse and started actually planning it again. And it is stupid, im aware. But yes i can't imagine a future alone, I feel like a void of nothing when I am alone. Its not just that I lost 1 person it's that I realised I continously fuck everything good in my life up. I can't imagine anyone ever loving me again and a future without love feels pointless to me. And then I feel more suicidal because I know it's stupid. I know my feelings are dramatic and I think I don't want to live like this when small things always make me feel so strongly it's exhausting and I know I'm pathetic. But yes parasite I'll add that to the list of things I am. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: pole and rabbitmalice56
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
It's almost like humans are generally social creatures and seek external validation from the world, which sometimes comes very strongly in the form of a romantic relationship. Love can even be like an addiction for some, and no one wishes for that. And yes there are usually many other factors involved in a decision to ctb. But anyway, I will never understand this genre of posts where someone complains about others' reasons for wanting to leave. Like really, it is not about you. Thanks.

Reactions: HAL 9000, pole and FailureToAll
L

Ligand

Sep 14, 2023
Statistically speaking, people who are single, divorced, or who have never been married are significantly more likely to kill themselves than people who have a partner. It's one of the best indicators of whether or not someone will kill themselves. Can you imagine if you became a quadriplegic and your wife of ten years fucked another man and then left you? You would really consider someone killing themselves because of that being parasitic?

Typically, healthy and successful people don't really give that much of a shit about their partners leaving them- and they almost never become suicidal from it. But for people who know they will have a very difficult time finding another partner (or know they can't), the prospect of living their shitty lives alone for an extended period of time can be unbearable.

Reactions: pole and FailureToAll
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Such an insensitive thread, I thought this place was meant to be a pro-choice site free from people judging those who want to die and insulting suicidal people.
I don't get why you are so bothered about other people deciding to ctb for their own personal reasons, as it's not your life, it's theirs and you could never understand what other people go through, everyone experiences existence differently.
I feel bad for anyone who wants to die specifically because of that reason and is insulted for it on here when they are just venting, I guess it's true that suicidal people are treat badly everywhere.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, HAL 9000, rabbitmalice56 and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
People can be in the depths of despair when a lover abandons them. Some of us are past the point of giving up on life when that happens but others aren't so we shouldn't judge anyone for what makes them desperate.

Reactions: HAL 9000 and AllFoxedOut
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
I think it's pretty disgusting to call people who are here for reasons you don't understand "posers" and "parasitic". They are real people, with real despair who really want to CTB. Many such people have, as well. The complete opposite of posing.

I think we should default to respecting whatever someone's reason for CTBing is. Whether it be a relationship breakdown, complete nihilism, physical illness or boredom and everything in between.

• Love
Reactions: HAL 9000, FailureToAll, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person