potatostripes

potatostripes

Nov 12, 2020
Hey!
You know, i really like writing threads and blogs and stuff, it brings me a lot of joy. But sometimes it happens that people find something offensive or somehow not okay or are just in a bad mood and write some mean and angry comments. As soon as I see that, this thread (or blog) becomes something that makes me feel more and more anxious and I'm scared everytime I klick on it. It can be a minor insult or just an angry tone in their message. But in my head I feel super emberassed about what I wrote even if my intentions were not mean at all.
I know that I have to get a thicker skin. And I'm working on it. But I feel that often people are going against the wrong person. I don't think it's a bad thing to be sensitive. And I think that some people really don't know what it feels like to totally hate yourself and questioning your whole personality again just because you told people about your feelings. It always takes a while for me to understand that I didn't do anything (and I always go through what I wrote to see if I actually didn't have any bad intentions).

So what I want to say in this thread is: Look how you spread your anger. We live in a society where everyone is constantly scared of people being mad at them so try to avoid any unneccessary hate against people.
But I also want to say that anger is not always bad. There are some situations when it's really useful, for example when a person doesn't listen to you any other way but it's important. Because sometimes people advertise to just get rid of this emotion at all.
Just use it out of your heart and not to gain power over someone or to push your ego :)

• Love
Reactions: Marchioness, nerve, TotallyIsolated and 2 others
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
Anger is perfectly normal and healthy, and people have the right to be angry and to express it. A lot of people are told all the time not to get angry - that they must be the bigger person, or to moderate their tone - I don't think this is fair.

IMO its the way that people choose to express that anger, and the things they get angry about that can be problematic.

I do believe that everyone can get along, and harmony and chill are things we should strive for, but life is super unfair and sometimes the kindest thing you can do for a person is to be receptive to their anger.

Having said all this I'm the kind of person who bottles up their anger - I guess I might change up the wording of this for people who have no trouble expressing anger! :P

Last edited:
Reactions: potatostripes
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
You're right, some people are more sensitive than others and as a whole we should be kinder to each other.
That being said I don't think critiquing each other is necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes views don't align and should be openly discussed.
Just the way of doing so is often too aggressive or simply not adequate.
Anger only reproduces anger.
Sadly the anonymity of the internet will always be shield for many people and they continue being dickheads.

Reactions: potatostripes and Deleted member 23374