edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
A few weeks ago I saw a video of a neuroscientist talking about how sunbathing for 30-40 minutes in the morning right after waking up helps a lot to improve mood during the day. It stabilizes circadian rhythms and drives a peak of cortisol (the stress hormone) necessary to maintain good mood for the rest of the day.

At first I thought it was something very stupid. I mean, when I was a child I woke up every morning at dawn and on the way to school I sunbathed a lot and I still felt like shit. But for a few days now the weather has started to improve where I live and the days have been quite clear, I spend a lot of time at home without going out during the day since I work from home and when I do go out it is usually at night. so I decided to give it a try.

I began to wake up not too early but enough to reach the morning Sun before noon. Then I was in the garden for half an hour, doing nothing just listening to music and sunbathing. And I must say that after a few days it is true that you begin to feel that you have more energy to work and endure even the monotony. You feel even more inclined to spend more time outside, go for a walk and things like that.

Maybe it's just some kind of placebo effect but it surprised me since it's the only change I've made to my routine in a few months and I notice that I have more energy lately.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: cryone, Redacted24, kettlevinbarq and 4 others
trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
*cries in Finnish* What is this thing called sun? I don't think I've seen it in years 😭

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Lostandlooking, cryone and edu0z