• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
Lately I feel like I've lost my libido, I don't know whether to blame the drugs, the depression or both but the fact is that I feel asexual.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LittleJem, derpyderpins and eatantz
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
Are you upset by this? I'm thinking of maybe taking antidepressants since i don't mind loosing my libido

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
Are you upset by this? I'm thinking of maybe taking antidepressants since i don't mind loosing my libido
Not so much, the fact is that motivation in general seems low to me and this is a big problem, I had read that SSRIs can cause a sort of amotivational syndrome as well as destroying libido, but it is difficult at this point to establish whether it is to fault them or depression.

• Love
Reactions: eatantz
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Could be PSSD, pretty sure I have it.

seph25

seph25

Jun 21, 2024
That is definetly due to the SSRI. No doubt at all. Depression does not cause sexual dysfunction.
Lately I feel like I've lost my libido, I don't know whether to blame the drugs, the depression or both but the fact is that I feel asexual.
Just read this.

Attachments

• Rice_Emily_2023_thesis.pdf
    605.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
DaniDee

DaniDee

May 11, 2019
My depression definitely cut into my libido quite a bit, but as soon as I started taking meds it was annihilated ... which makes life even harder when your partner has a healthy functioning libido and can't understand why you don't... basically I just pretend all the time. It's been almost 18 years now of playing pretend. Oh well.

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
I noticed that cariprazine has a positive effect on libido, perhaps it can counteract SSRIs but it has its side effects, bupropion can also be a good idea but obviously has side effects too.

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Losing labido is a classic side effect of depression and anti depressants.