R

RW__Asher23

Global Mod
Dec 11, 2022
Many here have no idea or don't know anything about what thousands of men and women faced and knew there was no way to go HOME.
This is where some PTSD comes from. Any PTSD is bad no matter why you have it often it is NOT your fault but sometimes like this video shows it comes to those who had no choice before and now pay a price for it. Ordered to go to a place you don't want to go but you are in the service of your country. I was in Air Force. My Brother was also . He came home with PTSD. No you don't catch it, it finds you from experience you lived through. In 1969 I was at Woodstock for 3 days of music partying drugs food more music with 500,000 other kids / young adults. It was my 18th Birthday and friends gave me tickets to go there. We all went and 3 weeks later I was in an induction center getting my waist long hair cut off to a near bald head and going into basic training. The Viet Nam War was at it's worst time in terms of loss of life and there is no choice anymore. You know you will likely end up there. People were against the war but it continued. Those who went and those who did not but helped unload the palletts from aircraft here loaded with bodies of the 18 -21 year old people who are coming home from there. Knowing they could be next. Yeah many got PTSD. It NEVER goes away. ctb is real today. I post this so maybe some of you who see it will understand a little more about me and my need to ctb and the world and war we lived through. I prayed there would be no more like this. But I was wrong. Humans just can't seem to get smart enough to understand No ONE wins a war. Killing does not solve a thing. I have personal knowledge of that. You look at your enemy and see yourself lying there. It stays with you. Well at least to me. I wish you all no matter which you do live , ctb, or give life another chance or just put off ctb and take time to think, no matter your choice I will understand and be with you and wish you the best easiest most peaceful journey. My time is near. I am tired old and ready. Peace.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Sulyya and Fwompje
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
It feels that the average person appreciates that war is pointless other than those who profit, and then they'll just support the next one after seeing a single news piece. Hopefully it won't be eternal. Most people just see a few movies that can either viscerally or metaphorically show what it does but it's surely impossible to communicate to someone on a couch what it means to have death all around you. 'War is hell' maybe summed it up best?

Reactions: RW__Asher23