LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
It seems pretty straightforward to apply but I have some simple questions:
1) Is there a way I can simulate the feeling with my hands?Like compressing the veins using my palms? I'd mainly do this to grasp how it should feel to be "right", I know some people talked about this in the mega thread but I can't find the replies
2) How heavy should the bags be to apply the right pressure? I plan on using socks or similar filled with stuff like rocks, pebbles or lentils to create pressure, but I'm not sure on how much weight is needed
3) Is laying down really necessary? I plan on ctb in my car and it's too small to lay down so I would be only reclined towards the ground (the seat goes a long way down anyway so it should work, but I'm not sure).
4) Does the ratchet have to be thick? The only one I can find have a pretty slim belt and I'm not sure they would apply enough pressyre without also compressing the throat.

This is it, hope I end up doing this right, see you guys on the other side.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@LostSoul1609
1 - I think it would be very hard to do to yourself. The only way I can see you getting a feel for it is getting locked into a rear naked choke. I've had this applied to me by a jujitsu practitioner. When done right, you get lightheaded in about 10-15 seconds. I didn't lose consciousness, but I bet it wouldn't take more than 30 seconds:
2 - Sorry, not sure

3 - Not sure how lying down would help, I would think being upright is better considering your heart is pumping against gravity. Sitting up is not going to keep the guy in the pic awake.

4. This $4 strap from harbor freight is more than strong enough. They sell these everywhere - walmart, home depot, lowes, ace, etc: https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lbs-capacity-1-in-x-14-ft-ratcheting-tie-down-61295.html

LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
@LostSoul1609
1 - I think it would be very hard to do to yourself. The only way I can see you getting a feel for it is getting locked into a rear naked choke. I've had this applied to me by a jujitsu practitioner. When done right, you get lightheaded in about 10-15 seconds. I didn't lose consciousness, but I bet it wouldn't take more than 30 seconds:
View attachment 62735
2 - Sorry, not sure

3 - Not sure how lying down would help, I would think being upright is better considering your heart is pumping against gravity. Sitting up is not going to keep the guy in the pic awake.

4. This $4 strap from harbor freight is more than strong enough. They sell these everywhere - walmart, home depot, lowes, ace, etc: https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lbs-capacity-1-in-x-14-ft-ratcheting-tie-down-61295.html
View attachment 62736
First of all thanks for the time you took to reply.
Is there any other way that I could locate my sweet spot?