• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

derelicct

derelicct

May 23, 2020
I accidentally bought nitrate instead of nitrite. But I researched and nitrate is converted into nitrite once within the body? So am I not able to use nitrate instead?

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
It works but it's toxic to ppl around you. So if you're not alone I wouldn't use it

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
So if someone found me it would affect them aswell?
Yes, idk if it smells or anything but I think there's some kind of toxic gas released or something. I don't remember it right but if you use the search tab on the top of the site and search for sodium nitrate im sure you'll find the answers

derelicct

derelicct

May 23, 2020
Yes, idk if it smells or anything but I think there's some kind of toxic gas released or something. I don't remember it right but if you use the search tab on the top of the site and search for sodium nitrate im sure you'll find the answers
Okay thanks

ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
It works but it's toxic to ppl around you. So if you're not alone I wouldn't use it
Nitrite is more likely to produce toxic gas. That said, you really don't have to worry much about this.

DuckieWaddles

DuckieWaddles

Student
Nov 18, 2020
You can convert sodium nitrate to sodium nitrite by heating it to around 625°F (330°C). Otherwise it's mostly harmless.
I believe that's Sodium Azide, not nitrate. Sodium Nitrate is an oxidizer used in pyrotechnics, and as a fertilizer.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
While it won't answer this question, the PPH folks have done a couple of podcasts on what they call "lethal salts" (their episodes 4 & 5 are dedicated to them but they also sometimes bring them up in other episodes).

I'm sure whatever they say in the podcast is in the handbook proper... but it's nice to listen rather than read.

5C23AEA6 BEAF 4BA4 ABE2 869867D58259

justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
All the research I've done warns against knowing the difference between nitrite and nitrate so I really wouldn't risk going against this, no matter how tempting that may feel

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
I remember when I was in basic training, they would make you drink 3 glasses and lukewarm water with every meal, and it tasted nasty. It wasn't long into basic before we all realized none of us had had a boner or gotten horny since we got there. The longstanding rumor was that they put saltpeter (sodium nitrate) in our water to kill our libidos. Totally wasn't true. We weren't horny because of all the stress, but that didn't stop the rumors.

Reactions: Wrennie
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I remember when I was in basic training, they would make you drink 3 glasses and lukewarm water with every meal, and it tasted nasty. It wasn't long into basic before we all realized none of us had had a boner or gotten horny since we got there. The longstanding rumor was that they put saltpeter (sodium nitrate) in our water to kill our libidos. Totally wasn't true. We weren't horny because of all the stress, but that didn't stop the rumors.
What kind of basic training? That sounds horrible

derelicct

derelicct

May 23, 2020
Fun bit. In Ireland Sodium Nitrate is on the explosives schedule and buying it without holding a license will get police attention. The perks of having a home grown terror organisation...
Exactly, it was already hard for me to get but I realised today I got the wrong one. I was very confident this was my exit and now I'm back stuck to feeling the same way I always have.
You can convert sodium nitrate to sodium nitrite by heating it to around 625°F (330°C). Otherwise it's mostly harmless.

I believe that's Sodium Azide, not nitrate. Sodium Nitrate is an oxidizer used in pyrotechnics, and as a fertilizer.
Does this convert the salt itself or is it the fumes that turns into nitrite?

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
That's unfortunate, sorry OP. :(
I can't even imagine how you must have felt when you saw that... it's devastating.

—hugs—

Good luck in your search. I wish you well.

derelicct

derelicct

May 23, 2020
That's unfortunate, sorry OP. :(
I can't even imagine how you must have felt when you saw that... it's devastating.

—hugs—

Good luck in your search. I wish you well.
It's my fault, I only realised when I read the physical bag. What can you do
Do not try to heat sodium nitrate to nitrite. Don't do it. You bought the wrong thing. Move on. It will only end very badly if you take stupid chemistry advice from an online forum
Ok I wasn't sure but I won't thanks a lot

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
It's my fault, I only realised when I read the physical bag. What can you do

Ok I wasn't sure but I won't thanks a lot
I'm sorry, I wish I could be more helpful. I just know little about this topic, in regards to how to salvage S nitrate.

Reactions: derelicct