• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Bleedingheartbeat

Bleedingheartbeat

One day at a time 🌻
May 12, 2023
These days I can't help but think that maybe some of us are depressed because our societal structures are not accommodating for everybody. Maybe the war that is raging within ourselves should be directed outward. We're told to want certain things and act a certain way. These days I can't help but think that maybe we feel this way because we're meant to tear down these structures instead of conforming to them. Maybe we're so burdened because it was given to us to change the narrative. Obviously easier said than done. I'm 23 and I don't want to live the rest of my life chasing materialism and status. I just want to be... and to explore all of my being with no limits. But unsteady we're trained from a young age to become slaves to capitalism. We're sold 'self-help' books because and told that the change that needs to happen is individualistic and instead to collective. Society's the problem and I don't know how we can shift the narrative for people like us.

The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
Life in modern society is an evolutionary shock. That problem keeps moving towards solving itself very slowly, over many generations, but it won't stay like that for long because societal collapse due to economic overshoot will turn humanity upside down in this century. The slaves and the masters will be buried together under the rubble of an unsustainable global economic model. I see no way it could be prevented and I agree that I would be much happier about being a human without the prospect of near-extinction of our species. There could at least be an illusion that some things truly matter. Not that I wish to have such a belief.

Baldwin IV

Baldwin IV

Cat Lover
Sep 21, 2023
Unfortunately the way society is set up in most modern countries encourages a certain life-style or way of thinking that places a lot of expectations on yourself, in regards of what you can achieve and the inevitable comparison with your peers. Unless you have wealth to go around, your life is trying to make it day by day and struggle against a society where you're just another brick and easily replaceable.

kelimackie

kelimackie

bleh
Sep 22, 2023
I agree 100%, capitalism is destroying everybody, physically and mentally. Even our therapists fail to understand that the depression boom after the 2000s were not an individual problem, but a societal problem, that's why Freud is just bullshit.

You can't cure an individual when he's not the root of the problem, you're just dealing with the symptoms.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
These days I can't help but think that maybe some of us are depressed because our societal structures are not accommodating for everybody. Maybe the war that is raging within ourselves should be directed outward. We're told to want certain things and act a certain way. These days I can't help but think that maybe we feel this way because we're meant to tear down these structures instead of conforming to them. Maybe we're so burdened because it was given to us to change the narrative. Obviously easier said than done. I'm 23 and I don't want to live the rest of my life chasing materialism and status. I just want to be... and to explore all of my being with no limits. But unsteady we're trained from a young age to become slaves to capitalism. We're sold 'self-help' books because and told that the change that needs to happen is individualistic and instead to collective. Society's the problem and I don't know how we can shift the narrative for people like us.
It really is. Fuck capitalism! Yeah, maybe we were meant to be revolutionaries. Unfortunately I don't think capitalism will be dismantled soon…my biggest wish is to escape society (and capitalism) and live alone on a mountain. Life under capitalism isn't even a way to live, it's just existing. I hate that we inevitably will have to become slaves to capitalism, and have to slave away for like 40-60 years. It's such an unfulfilling existence. Having to live under capitalism and eventually be a wageslave to it actively makes me suicidal

Bleedingheartbeat

Bleedingheartbeat

One day at a time 🌻
May 12, 2023
It really is. Fuck capitalism! Yeah, maybe we were meant to be revolutionaries. Unfortunately I don't think capitalism will be dismantled soon…my biggest wish is to escape society (and capitalism) and live alone on a mountain. Life under capitalism isn't even a way to live, it's just existing. I hate that we inevitably will have to become slaves to capitalism, and have to slave away for like 40-60 years. It's such an unfulfilling existence. Having to live under capitalism and eventually be a wageslave to it actively makes me suicidal
Omg you get it!!! Honestly it's either I die a revolutionary or die trying because I can't imaging a more miserable existence than being a slave to this capitalistic system

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
You couldn't have said it better.

Even before joining this forum, I've had different ideas, always trying to be optimistic. But I've wondered if the problem was really me or society, and I truly agree with you that society is the real issue.

I despise living in a society where I'm expected to follow the same path as everyone else (go to college, work, have children, have grandchildren, and die). All I want is to be free and explore what this world has to offer, but that doesn't include society.

I hate society, but not life itself. Animals, plants, landscapes, and the planet Earth shouldn't be responsible for my suffering. The real problem lies in the society that thinks it owns this planet.

I've always been told that I must adapt to it because that's the only way to succeed. Sometimes I've wanted to exploit capitalism to make money and plan a way to escape this society or this world. But honestly, I don't see the point in doing something I don't like just to earn a few bucks.

I wish I could work for myself, by which I mean, knowing how to sustain myself without depending on society. Cultivating everything this planet has offered me to survive instead of feeding a human who only takes advantage of their people.

I think with each passing day, my ideas are changing, and I'm sure it's for my well-being rather than just being a social misfit...

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
Capitalism and "fiat-based-currencies" are reaching its end. we're leaning towards techno-feudalism in a very dystopic version of the series "black mirror".

And revolutions? sure the idea sounds charming, inspiring, romantic. But yknow, behind every revolution there are always "groups" profitting from it.

when we realize capitalism is slavery and so is the antagonist. we've fallen into the trap

(Can you imagine yourself in a flawed interpretation of "equality"? that means, if someone here is exceptionally good with computers, but doesn't have the social skills, aptitude at communication, while there's someone who's great at writing, some play piano some play guitar... others are born deaf... an "egalitarian view, would level us to what? To what "standard" should we be treated as "equals"?

e;g you know how to program in 7 different languages , you either are with the state, or are an abomination to society's balance, "no one should be better than the other" this happened a lot during the 20s (i mean the 1920s;; but it seens we're having a flashback)

Equals amongst ourselves. no one would be allowed to "be in a position that strays from such pattern" what pattern? you're right , there's none. except the one imposed by "the powers that be" - a paradox. for, "what exceptional characteristics make a leader? the "people"?
Ever wonder why communist regimes are strictly atheist? if mankind can't be/achieve what conceptually is believed to be "godly or divine, let alone above than human"... than there shouldn't be any god. it would be unequal" - (as a matter of fact i do think an unaware selfish demiurge who cares not whether people submit to, worship, pray, commit sacrifices to, and fills the unexplainable gaps of existance its not the happiest perception - BUT KEPT society in check

Another thing that kept society in check is the totalitarian oppresion imposed (by the powers who be) there were so much paranoia that even state officials were eager to accuse each other to keep away from "conspiracionists" willing to do the same - Its like neighbor ratting out on neighbor wanting some kind of benefit or at least to be spared from suspicions

Its the same thing since some individuals in mankind started to think "they're illuminated" or have a special role. Romans used "bread and circus" to keep their people in check, and military might to subjulgate or intimidate others.

This goes back to the bronze ages (when the assyrians started inscribing on tablets, developing correspondence seals, even translating already ancient summerian tablets (there are 3 and a half today i think)

Society is failed experiment. The Revolution was/is an experiment, now its happening on this hemisphere.. at some point it would happen.

Unfortunately looks like we are set on a collision course with each other. The idea of "going through schooling, choosing a career, get married having kids blahblahblah" then the variations: "Find shortcuts, amass a large amount of wealth, and have an empty life, then maybe get bored and turn philantropic... "buy the competition" - capitalism consumes itself

when humans lived in constant danger of being eaten by animals, killed or enslaved by other hostile humans, having to hunt and etc i don't think there was "a concept on happiness".. only sufficed needs. At some point, someone "illuminated" probably figured it'd be better to INFLUENCE others into chasing rainbows (happiness, your dream job, idealistic relationships) while convincing that "things must be done in order to maintain the whole thing afloat, now we get into the (un)interesting point : Usury.

Up to this day many islamic countries ban usury * what banks do lend money at an interest rate. so we are born "indebted to a fabricated system that keeps us "working" for "illuminated people". while chasing dreams paying taxes and that is great for those who exert influence, it keeps us busy, rather than expecting the right moment to backstab and seize "such position" so powerful as vulnerable.

So, from time to time, "revolution" similar to the jewish/christian deluge (came and swept away all the "debauchery bigotry, abuse and excess caused by ourselves, to tip the scales of the balance) This cycle has been going on for some thousands of years what is left if not idealistic subjective concepts? It is only natural someone sober decides all this non-sense is not mandatory. and gets on the spacebus to another plan hoping for something better, cause we weren't made for this.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
The society is the only problem! Humans are domesticated animals who have lost contact with nature and other species. Man is the only animal expected to put up with noise and exhaust gases. People are expected to study for years and work long working days until retirement age. We have to fit times and pay money everywhere. There is much sufferings and injustices in the world. Humans are expected to die from old age no matter how life turns out for them. It is no wonder people want to kill themselves. Civilization is the wrong way to live - all civilizations die by suicide - and we are in a sixth mass extinction.