I

Intheo

Student
Jul 1, 2020
Hi guys, first post here although I've been lurking for the past few days to find out how I can finally end this suffering. A while back I thought I finally had it the "cure" outside of ctb.
Recent research on psychedelics has shown tremendous affects on depression, anxiety, addiction, and other "disorders" of the mind. It may be the most powerful psychiatric tool we have at our disposal. Yet, by some twisted design, it is criminalized.

I have been desperate and I tried many many different avenues for treating myself. I've seen countless therapists, taken prescription meds, worked out like a madman, got involved in pick-up to gain confidence, meditated, journaled, traveled, etc. They helped a bit but no matter how much better I felt, I always felt like a weight that was dragging me down. I decided to try mushrooms after reading so much about their effects. I ordered them online without checking if they were legal in my country. I admit my stupid mistake, but I didn't think much of it because they're just mushrooms. They grow in nature for pete's sake. Now I'm being investigated for drug smuggling, and if I'm indicted, I may face prison time. The harshest punishment for drugs is life. To put it into perspective, you could literally rape a child and get maybe 5 years or less. Murderers get out of prison in 10 years. That's not even mentioning alcohol, which is legal despite it being a destroyer of lives for many.

I just wanted to trip by myself, in my house, and not bother anyone. For fuck's sake I wanted to do this to actually become a better person. They say governments are there to protect society, but I don't see how I could've harmed anybody. If anything, they are destroying a life. I've completely derailed from my gradual improvement and spiraled down harder than I thought was possible. If I'm sentenced to prison, I'll try to find a way to end it. If I'm charged, I'm not sure I can take the stress of going to court and hoping they go easy on me. It feels incredibly unjust that I have to beg and plead with them for wanting to take a non-toxic, non-addictive substance that has the potential to heal.

They don't want you to be happy, but they want you to suck it up and call those who want to end their suffering "weak." Judge those who commit suicide, yet offer no real way for treatment.

The game is rigged. Therapy is far too ineffective to justify the outrages prices for those who are not privileged with wealth. Pharmaceutical medication is a guessing game. And one of the best alternatives is criminalized. Meanwhile they try to take away methods for voluntary death, meaning what? Are we supposed to just rot in our mental prisons?

Luckily, it seems I am able to obtain ingredients for the SN method legally, so I have one escape plan.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Broken Chimera, charlottewilts, Odd_Duck and 5 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I find it outrageous that the government controls what we do with our consciousness (mind-altering substances).
They say governments are there to protect society, but I don't see how I could've harmed anybody
Deception, deception everywhere... We are way too intelligent to blindly trust each other. It's like we're in modern jungles and we fight with our words instead of swords.

Reactions: Intheo
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Hey there, I don't know if you noticed but this is the recovery forum, your post is suited for the suicide forum. The folks you want support from and to connect with may not see it if they don't visit this forum!

For folks working on recovery, it could maybe be derailing for them, they might even have the suicide forum on ignore so they don't have to interact with the topic there while focusing on recovery.

Sorry to hear you're being investigated, I hope it all works out in your favor. It's so ridiculous to me that any medicinal plants and fungi are criminalized.

P.S. Within a certain number of hours of posting, you can copy this thread and delete it, and re-post it in the other forum.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Sorry to hear you're going through that! Society is definitely shit in that sense (too). It's like we're just pawns. Terence McKenna: "Psychedelics are not illegal because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong."

I hope this situation turns out well for you.

• Love
I

Intheo

Student
Jul 1, 2020
Hey there, I don't know if you noticed but this is the recovery forum, your post is suited for the suicide forum. The folks you want support from and to connect with may not see it if they don't visit this forum!

For folks working on recovery, it could maybe be derailing for them, they might even have the suicide forum on ignore so they don't have to interact with the topic there while focusing on recovery.

Sorry to hear you're being investigated, I hope it all works out in your favor. It's so ridiculous to me that any medicinal plants and fungi are criminalized.

P.S. Within a certain number of hours of posting, you can copy this thread and delete it, and re-post it in the other forum.
Sorry about that. I see that it's been moved though.

Sorry to hear you're going through that! Society is definitely shit in that sense (too). It's like we're just pawns. Terence McKenna: "Psychedelics are not illegal because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong."

I hope this situation turns out well for you.
McKenna is damn right. During the investigation they told me these are really dangerous and powerful drugs, and said it's the same as doing meth. You see how the people seeking to punish me know nothing about these things. What I know of them tells me it makes many people more compassionate to others and themselves and environmentally aware. Dangerous indeed.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and TheSoulless