• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
"So much to do, so little point." Adam Buxton

Do you agree with this statement? If not, why? Personally I believe that this quote could describe life.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
"To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. The world is not yet a crazy enough place to reward a whole bunch of undeserving people."
- Charles T. Munger

It's up to the individual to find or create a mission and sense of purpose in life. You get out what you put in.

"It's not supposed to be easy. Anyone who finds it easy is stupid."
- Charlie Munger

"Life isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to be lived. Sometimes happy, other times rough... But every up and down you learn lessons that make you strong."

Life is what you make it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, I think that can be very accurate. Not that it's some universal truth though. Someone can have a wonderful time playing frisbie with their dog in a park. Another person may be utterly depressed at their job in air traffic control, averting several terrible disasters.

It's like DarkRange55 just put it- we put our own values on what we do in life. Either enjoying something, taking pride in it, feeling fulfilled by it isn't wrong (unless it's hurting others of course. A serial killer perfecting their method obviously isn't good!) Still- a person who's tired of slaving away for an unappreciative boss- even if their work is terribly important isn't wrong either. Nurses aren't wrong for feeling sick of being so exploited.

So much of it is down to the individual but yeah- I relate to that quote a lot. I'm sick of all the stuff you have to do to live when- I don't actually want to live! It's utterly ridiculous to be doing all this crap to sustain a life I don't want!