CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Completely fucked up and my lawyer didn't inform me of this but at least in America if you get into an accident, even if not your fault, you're still responsible for the medical bills or at least some of it.

Wtf is this logic? You mean the person who slammed into me causing me to slam into someone else doesn't pay the $3k bill I got? Oh nooooo that's part of your settlement.......thanks my 5k turned into 1k after my lawyer hyping me up for "big money" I hate living wish the bitch killed me

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, demuic, littlelungs and 1 other person
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Hi! I am in the U.S. also and I 100% know what you are talking about. Back in April, 2015 I was driving South and another person was heading East, and he did not give me the right away, he had the stop sign and I t-boned him.

Of course he did not get a scratch and I wound up in ICU. NOW afterwards, same as you, yep I had the medical bills. Now my personal insurance paid for all the hospital stays, BUT..BUT after I got the settlement from the other persons insurance, then my health insurance company came after me to repay them for all the money that they paid for my hospital and rehab .and they used a subrogation company.

I had a personal injury law firm help me with everything and when it was over I thought I was in the clear..OH..NO!!, then this subrogation company wanted all the money that my health insurance company paid back. So another huge chunk of my settlement was gone before I got anything.

I was and still am what the heck? I, no pity party, have 24/7 chronic pain and I am losing control over the right side of my body and I got a paltry very small sum of money after everything was said and done. I kept it for upcoming issues that insurance may not pay for.

I am so sorry for what happened to you and hope that you are on the mend and please take good care of yourself.

Walter

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, GenesAndEnvironment, demuic and 3 others
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Hi! I am in the U.S. also and I 100% know what you are talking about. Back in April, 2015 I was driving South and another person was heading East, and he did not give me the right away, he had the stop sign and I t-boned him.

Of course he did not get a scratch and I wound up in ICU. NOW afterwards, same as you, yep I had the medical bills. Now my personal insurance paid for all the hospital stays, BUT..BUT after I got the settlement from the other persons insurance, then my health insurance company came after me to repay them for all the money that they paid for my hospital and rehab .and they used a subrogation company.

I had a personal injury law firm help me with everything and when it was over I thought I was in the clear..OH..NO!!, then this subrogation company wanted all the money that my health insurance company paid back. So another huge chunk of my settlement was gone before I got anything.

I was and still am what the heck? I, no pity party, have 24/7 chronic pain and I am losing control over the right side of my body and I got a paltry very small sum of money after everything was said and done. I kept it for upcoming issues that insurance may not pay for.

I am so sorry for what happened to you and hope that you are on the mend and please take good care of yourself.

Walter
You know I actually said to my lawyer I guess I should be grateful I wasn't hurt to badly. Despite mental scarring it had on me while driving and still does. I already had back issues I was actually on my way to my chiropractor that day. I'm pretty sure the accident also caused me to have a lifting injury at work a month later. I'm so lucky.

I'M sorry for what happened to you. It's completely soulless this society we live in. Cars are fucking death traps even I do stupid shit I'm not perfect. Humans were not meant to drive honestly

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, whywere, demuic and 1 other person
Q

Quiet Desperation

Lonely wanderer
Dec 7, 2020
All of us here in the US are only one major medical issue away from bankruptcy. Until we get our heads out of our asses and go single payer for healthcare we always will be. Sorry to hear about your situation and I hope you make it through okay. I've gone a few rounds with this kind of medical and lawyer bullshit myself and I know how frustrating it can be.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, whywere and CatLove56
AndromedaZ

AndromedaZ

Oct 6, 2020
I work in auto claims and yeah... this happens. it's so fucked up and I'm sorry it happened to you. Honestly, the whole medical system is fucked and this is a part of that.

Reactions: Meditation guide and CatLove56