A

anna.voig

Feb 24, 2021
Is there a method or something you can do to "poison" yourself little by little until you die?

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
Odwin

Odwin

Bucket of Chicken
Mar 31, 2021
Sure, but what is your intention?

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
By regularly consuming small portions of poison, heavy metals or other deadly substances your body will actually get used to it so your dose will have to be higher and higher to cause death.

There was an episode of Medical Detectives where a man wanted to kill a woman with arsenic. He wanted to hide it so he only put small amouts of it in her food over a longer period of time up to a point where she walked around with an arsenic concentration in her blood that would usually kill normal humans. She was constantly suffering from nausea and headache I think, so the entire process isn't pleasant either.

Basically similar to alcohol. Extreme alcoholics can drive a vehicle at 5 per mille which would be lethal for anyone else.

Reactions: Celerity and anna.voig
A

anna.voig

Feb 24, 2021
Sure, but what is your intention?
Hum, to die?
By regularly consuming small portions of poison, heavy metals or other deadly substances your body will actually get used to it so your dose will have to be higher and higher to cause death.

There was an episode of Medical Detectives where a man wanted to kill a woman with arsenic. He wanted to hide it so he only put small amouts of it in her food over a longer period of time up to a point where she walked around with an arsenic concentration in her blood that would usually kill normal humans. She was constantly suffering from nausea and headache I think, so the entire process isn't pleasant either.

Basically similar to alcohol. Extreme alcoholics can drive a vehicle at 5 per mille which would be lethal for anyone else.
That's interesting, thank you so much. I'm going to look out for this episode.

A

anna.voig

Feb 24, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: LastLoveLetter
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My doctor told me that smoking and drinking every day is a way of poisoning that will kill me some day.

A

anna.voig

Feb 24, 2021
My doctor told me that smoking and drinking every day is a way of poisoning that will kill me some day.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I used to be a smoker and I drink a little almost every day. But I think alcohol and smoking take too long to kill someone. IDK how to explain myself better, sorry

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
'lifestyle' is a factor is many deaths... Cancer caused by xzy, kidney failure caused by xyz, heart disease caused by xyz... Quite literally pick your poison...
Thing is when you look at the above, while the slow accumulation of lethal dose doesn't cause any 'pain' the arising condition and subsequent suffering (sometimes over years) is a different story.
Listen to anyone who has worked with stuff like asbestos or respirable crystalline silica dust and suffered the effects...

Love and respect friend

DBD

Reactions: anna.voig
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021

Alcoholism FTW, yo. Your liver ascends to god-level status before throwing in the towel.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I know what you mean, but in reality that's not how poisons work, specially in an age of modern medicine.

Poisons kill you by overwhelming your body, taking them little by little may actually strengthen it as opposed to what you want. In fact some people do it to develop immunities to some poisons, the practice is called Mithridatism, and it's surprisingly old.

And the main issue with this is that we don't have real information on doses, time frames and other stuff, as opposed with most methods that include OD's.
There's also the fact that something like this would be extremely painful, most poisons produce terrible body reactions, and the pain will become mental at some point since small quantities of these chemicals accumulate in your brain and can lead to serious mental illnesses. That's definitely not a nice way to go.

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018 and anna.voig
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
The young poisoners handbook. He was testing poison on his family and colleagues at work. He only killed 2 people but poisoned hundreds. With antimony and arsenic. He loved chemistry. Graham Young "the teacup murderer" where would you get poison from?
It's impossible to get stuff that will kill you that isn't poison

• Wow
Reactions: anna.voig
A

anna.voig

Feb 24, 2021
'lifestyle' is a factor is many deaths... Cancer caused by xzy, kidney failure caused by xyz, heart disease caused by xyz... Quite literally pick your poison...
Thing is when you look at the above, while the slow accumulation of lethal dose doesn't cause any 'pain' the arising condition and subsequent suffering (sometimes over years) is a different story.
Listen to anyone who has worked with stuff like asbestos or respirable crystalline silica dust and suffered the effects...

Love and respect friend

DBD
I appreciate your outcome on this subject. Recently I almost had a kidney failure and I get this is no joke. I really thank you.
I know what you mean, but in reality that's not how poisons work, specially in an age of modern medicine.

Poisons kill you by overwhelming your body, taking them little by little may actually strengthen it as opposed to what you want. In fact some people do it to develop immunities to some poisons, the practice is called Mithridatism, and it's surprisingly old.

And the main issue with this is that we don't have real information on doses, time frames and other stuff, as opposed with most methods that include OD's.
There's also the fact that something like this would be extremely painful, most poisons produce terrible body reactions, and the pain will become mental at some point since small quantities of these chemicals accumulate in your brain and can lead to serious mental illnesses. That's definitely not a nice way to go.
Lots of interesting facts here that may explain a thing or two about me still being here. I wish I could understand those things better. For instance, I had no idea about Mithridatism, better go study. Thanks a lot.
The young poisoners handbook. He was testing poison on his family and colleagues at work. He only killed 2 people but poisoned hundreds. With antimony and arsenic. He loved chemistry. Graham Young "the teacup murderer" where would you get poison from?
It's impossible to get stuff that will kill you that isn't poison
Oh, wow! I will certainly take a look on this handbook, sounds crazy! Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragile