I

Idon'tknowwhattodo

Dec 3, 2022
I live in an apartment with a family member who is consistently cold regardless of the season, they set the thermostat to 80 in every room and turn every room into hell. Can I put it in the pantry or like a cabinet that is dark, dry, and maybe cooler? Also, do I need to put it in another container besides the container it came in? Is it safer to do this?

Last edited:
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Putting it in the pantry/cabinet should be fine as long you are sure your family won't find it. If you have your own closet then that's an option. You want to make sure your SN is away from air vents, sunlight, any other sources of heat, preventing it from getting moisture inside.
Depending on the size of your bottle or container, you can also put it in a vacuum seal or an air tight glass jar of some kind. Whatever you have to do to make sure it's sealed tight.

Melting point of SN is 271 °C (520 °F; 544 K) (decomposes at 320 °C)

I found these threads about heat concerns:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayonaise, Argo and Idon'tknowwhattodo
I

Idon'tknowwhattodo

Dec 3, 2022
Putting it in the pantry/cabinet should be fine as long you are sure your family won't find it. If you have your own closet then that's an option. You want to make sure your SN is away from air vents, sunlight, any other sources of heat, preventing it from getting moisture inside.
Depending on the size of your bottle or container, you can also put it in a vacuum seal or an air tight glass jar of some kind. Whatever you have to do to make sure it's sealed tight.

Melting point of SN is 271 °C (520 °F; 544 K) (decomposes at 320 °C)

I found these threads about heat concerns:

Hi, thank you so much for your detailed response. Do you suggest putting a fan outside the pantry or cabinet to ensure proper ventilation? the pantry and cabinet are right in front of the apartment door and there are no windows to open nearby.

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Hi, thank you so much for your detailed response. Do you suggest putting a fan outside the pantry or cabinet to ensure proper ventilation? the pantry and cabinet are right in front of the apartment door and there are no windows to open nearby.

It wouldn't hurt to have it, but again that may draw attention to that area and your family members may find it. If it's anecdotal I have SN that's over 4 years old and I never used a fan. I still haven't seen any moisture damage or major clumping, note clumping by itself isn't an issue.

Reactions: Idon'tknowwhattodo
I

Idon'tknowwhattodo

Dec 3, 2022
It wouldn't hurt to have it, but again that may draw attention to that area and your family members may find it. If it's anecdotal I have SN that's over 4 years old and I never used a fan. I still haven't seen any moisture damage or major clumping, note clumping by itself isn't an issue.
Thanks again for the answer. I have a couple more questions. Forgive me, I'm really afraid of failing. So, if I put it on top of my cabinet that is basically by the wall, is that ok as well? I think that might be a better place to avoid my family finding it. But, I'm worried about the issue of ventilation when placed on top of the cabinet. Also, you mentioned storing it in my closet, I have some mold spots in my bedroom due to leaking and I'm afraid it will ruin the SN.

MrFreshTheCat

MrFreshTheCat

Im tired, I love cats <3
Jan 9, 2024
Do you mind telling me how did you manage to get the SN without making your family suspect, i also live with family members and already attempted to ctb before and receiving a package labeled as a quimic or that feels like fucking sand will surely get their attention.

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Thanks again for the answer. I have a couple more questions. Forgive me, I'm really afraid of failing. So, if I put it on top of my cabinet that is basically by the wall, is that ok as well? I think that might be a better place to avoid my family finding it. But, I'm worried about the issue of ventilation when placed on top of the cabinet. Also, you mentioned storing it in my closet, I have some mold spots in my bedroom due to leaking and I'm afraid it will ruin the SN.

Let me preface to say I don't know everything so take my advice with a grain of salt and try to research yourself until you feel satisfied. I don't know the specifics about your place, what it looks like or where you preferably want to hide it. Only you know. If there are any air vents or other sources of heat near the cabinets then I'd say not to place it there. But again I wouldn't know unless I saw it myself.

If you still want to use your closet still despite the mold, I'd wager putting the SN in an air tight glass jar, possibly box it up as an extra precaution and make sure it's not near the mold. But again I don't know nor have I read anything about storing SN near moldy areas. It's probably best not to put it in your closet until you get the mold issue resolved. If you can try to find other possible areas to hide it. Just remember the biggest concern is getting moisture in the bottle.

I found these threads but I couldn't find much info on having SN near mold:

Reactions: Mayonaise and Idon'tknowwhattodo
I

Idon'tknowwhattodo

Dec 3, 2022
Let me preface to say I don't know everything so take my advice with a grain of salt and try to research yourself until you feel satisfied. I don't know the specifics about your place, what it looks like or where you preferably want to hide it. Only you know. If there are any air vents or other sources of heat near the cabinets then I'd say not to place it there. But again I wouldn't know unless I saw it myself.

If you still want to use your closet still despite the mold, I'd wager putting the SN in an air tight glass jar, possibly box it up as an extra precaution and make sure it's not near the mold. But again I don't know nor have I read anything about storing SN near moldy areas. It's probably best not to put it in your closet until you get the mold issue resolved. If you can try to find other possible areas to hide it. Just remember the biggest concern is getting moisture in the bottle.

I found these threads but I couldn't find much info on having SN near mold:

Thank you so much for all your detailed replies and patience with me. I greatly appreciate it. I wish you all the best and genuinely hope you'll find peace either in this world or through your ctb. All the love!
Do you mind telling me how did you manage to get the SN without making your family suspect, i also live with family members and already attempted to ctb before and receiving a package labeled as a quimic or that feels like fucking sand will surely get their attention.
Hi there, I haven't actually placed the order yet, but I will soon. I haven't figured out that part yet, to be honest. I also live with overly controlling parents, and since they know about my major depression, my every move is closely monitored.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles