S

stanner

Jul 30, 2020
Hello,

Stan's guide recommend 15 to 25g of SN. But how do you know how much is the best for you ?
I am 1M90 for 75KG and i wonder if taking 25g is the best for me.
i heard that some ppl survive even with 25g or more, do we know why ?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
i heard that some ppl survive even with 25g or more, do we know why ?
From what I've been reading they get rescued and taken to the hospital. Some have time to panic and call for help. It's usually treatable in the hospital. I have not heard of anyone surviving that dose without going to the hospital.

Reactions: sadghost, autumnal and deleted
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Disclaimer: I am by NO means an expert on this topic and everything I say is anecdotal and/or gleaned from sources available to everyone here.

That said, it seems to be that if someone fails to ctb with SN (especially a dose like 25g) its for one of two reasons. One is that they vomited the solution before they could absorb a fatal dose of it, and didn't redose. Second is that they're "rescued", whether that's because they panicked and called EMS or they were discovered and someone else did.

From what I understand, the LD-50 for people is about 71mg/kg. This is just shy of 5.5g for you. However, keep in mind the LD-50 is only fatal *half* of the time at these doses. So if you really want to ctb, you'd want to exceed it, and the more you can exceed it by, the better for your purposes. The reason (I believe) that 25g is recommended and backup doses are too, is a matter of absorption. It takes into account that many people vomit, and its impossible to know how much you've absorbed when you do. Case of "go big to go home" if you ask me ='D

Reactions: Infinite Conscious, deleted, stanner and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
The reason (I believe) that 25g is recommended and backup doses are too, is a matter of absorption
People have time to not only call for help but to be rescued by ambulance and taken to a hospital. That is a huge window of time. It's not fast at all, it gives time for being rescued. And also for suffering.

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
People have time to not only call for help but to be rescued by ambulance and taken to a hospital. That is a huge window of time. It's not fast at all, it gives time for being rescued. And also for suffering.
No, its not fast. Unconsciousness comes fairly rapidly (less than 20 min in most cases I've read), but actual death can take 4+ hours in some cases. Never meant to imply otherwise. But as to the suffering part...that's just a matter of perspective. Personally, it doesn't sound so bad even if the very worst stories are true (stomach pains, terrifyingly fast heartbeat, headaches, violent vomiting, etc.) And you only experience these symptoms until unconsciousness, its pretty universally accepted that the agonal breathing and most of the more unpleasant aspects of the poison happen after you're already out.

(If I say anything about this that's wrong, someone in the community *please* correct me and point me to proper sources to educate myself. I'm only trying to share what I've learned...but I'm still learning!)

• Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt, autumnal, deleted and 1 other person
S

stanner

Jul 30, 2020
Ok thank u for ur answers !
I guess im gonna take 25g and prepare multiple glasses in case i vomit even with meto.

Reactions: falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I guess im gonna take 25g and prepare multiple glasses in case i vomit even with meto.
If you're going to ctb with SN, I think this is the way. Stan's Guide really seems to be as good as it gets, with what we know about the stuff and getting information/plan all in one place. We're all just trying to reinvent the wheel when we try to improve or modify it, imo.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

ISO-blueman.png
You seem a little unclear on some of the basics. You should read and understand the two key resources on SN in order to gain a proper understanding.

• Hugs
Reactions: falloutcarter13 and LetzteAusfahrt
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
stomach pains, terrifyingly fast heartbeat, headaches, violent vomiting
I have these symptoms naturally and let me tell you they are not inconsiderable. Retching violently for hours, killer stomach pains, heart going like a jackhammer, it's a nightmare. No wonder people panic and call for help. I'm sure I would.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I have these symptoms naturally and let me tell you they are not inconsiderable. Retching violently for hours, killer stomach pains, heart going like a jackhammer, it's a nightmare. No wonder people panic and call for help. I'm sure I would.

Although hopefully not if were expecting them to happen, were aware they were only going to last for a relatively short period, and were determined to end your life. Those are the important differences between SN and experiencing these symptoms in everyday life.

• Love
Reactions: falloutcarter13