Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I realize there are strong proponents here. And I respect everyone's choice of exit method.

As per medical literature, isn't SN ingestion followed by painful seizures?

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
I realize there are strong proponents here. And I respect everyone's choice of exit method.

Not that I know of. Propanolol has a side effect of seizures though.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I've not heard of seizures with SN.

You mean brain seizures, right?

Reactions: autumnal and falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
This is tentatively my substance of choice for my exit plan right now, and from the reading I've done (of reports that seem reliable, anyway), it seems to me that there is some moderate discomfort and panic/alarm...but not much in the way of pain? I've heard of stomach pain in some reports and bad headaches in others, but the fact that unconsciousness occurs inside of 20 min in most cases...makes me believe that the "pain" aspect might be exaggerated for nefarious purposes. Hope this helps!

Reactions: PrincessInWhite, iDieUDie80, sadghost and 2 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020

Seizures? maybe. Painful? Depends on the individual, the dose, the regimen they followed, their level of consciousness.
I would think that anything you ingest which leads to death will cause some level of pain and discomfort, apart from N maybe.

Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020

I was just reviewing the medical literature on suicide via SN. Throughout, there is mention of vomiting and seizures. I don't understand why there is a strong preference for its use. Moreover, insufficient dosage will not necessarily result in death.

Reactions: deleted
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020

I've only been researching SN for ~3 days, and I've come across several witness reports that seizures/muscle spasms or twitches aren't uncommon. But most reports say they happen after unconsciousness, so they wouldn't (or shouldn't I should say) be an issue for the actual subject.

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide, autumnal, Living_Hurts_so_Much and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I was just reviewing the medical literature on suicide via SN. Throughout, there is mention of vomiting and seizures. I don't understand why there is a strong preference for its use. Moreover, insufficient dosage will not necessarily result in death.

Can you please share links to the medical literature you just reviewed?

I read lots in my first months on the forum when I was researching the method and I don't recall seizures in the medical literature.

I've only been researching SN for ~3 days, and I've come across several witness reports that seizures/muscle spasms or twitches aren't uncommon. But most reports say they happen after unconsciousness, so they wouldn't (or shouldn't I should say) be an issue for the actual subject.

Links?

Reactions: sadghost and autumnal
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I am including a link from this site: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-megathread.1156/

I will include more (medical) links when I come across them.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I am including a link from this site: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-megathread.1156/

You linked the entire SN megathread?

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide and autumnal
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Can you please share links to the medical literature you just reviewed?

I read lots in my first months on the forum when I was researching the method and I don't recall seizures in the medical literature.

Links?
Consider my opinion anecdotal - I'd say I've read 10 reports I consider as potentially legit that mention seizures, and many of them were on this site. I'm so new that I'm still trying to figure out the posting system and any attempt to find and post links would be a shit show :pfff:

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Please refer to the "SPOILER: THE EFFECTS OF SODIUM NITRITE". Sorry for the confusion.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

Okay but you said you'd just been reading them.

The link you shared mentioned seizures but it was also a quote with no source.

I don't know what's up here, but I'm feeling jerked around.

Consider my opinion anecdotal - I'd say I've read 10 reports I consider as potentially legit that mention seizures, and many of them were on this site. I'm so new that I'm still trying to figure out the posting system and any attempt to find and post links would be a shit show :pfff:

I've been on this site for almost eight months and I've read every anecdotal account and at one point I listed all of the symptoms and seizures were never mentioned.

@Greenberg and @falloutcarter13, I haven't interacted with either of you before so I won't assume you know anything about me. I'm very no-bullshit. When something bothers me I say so and when I'm wrong I admit it. Right now what's bothering me is that I feel jerked around by both of your posts. I'm going to trust my feelings until I see actual links to medical literature and anecdotal accounts. No offense intended, and it's not personal. Nor am I a cheerleader for SN, I'm actually quite skeptical about it, as well as everything else that gets posted on a public forum.

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide, sadghost, autumnal and 2 others
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I understand your position. Let me do my searches and post the links for you.

My intention is not to cause drama nor to "jerk" you around. I'm just looking for facts, like you.

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Okay but you said you'd just been reading them.

The link you shared mentioned seizures but it was also a quote with no source.

I don't know what's up here, but I'm feeling jerked around.

I've been on this site for almost eight months and I've read every anecdotal account and at one point I listed all of the symptoms and seizures were never mentioned.

@Greenberg and @falloutcarter13, I haven't interacted with either of you before so I won't assume you know anything about me. I'm very no-bullshit. When something bothers me I say so and when I'm wrong I admit it. Right now what's bothering me is that I feel jerked around by both of your posts. I'm going to trust my feelings until I see actual links to medical literature and anecdotal accounts. No offense intended, and it's not personal. Nor am I a cheerleader for SN, I'm actually quite skeptical about it, as well as everything else that gets posted on a public forum.
I'm currently looking. I'm sure I can provide you with at least one example from this site. Keep in mind I've only been here 3 days (well lurking for that long, only had my membership approved just now.) I'm sorry you feel jerked around and after considering your side, I suppose I can understand that reaction. Its easy to see that people with shady motives have given people here reason to be skeptical. I'll get back to you as soon as I find a link to post, promise :hug:
I'm currently looking. I'm sure I can provide you with at least one example from this site. Keep in mind I've only been here 3 days (well lurking for that long, only had my membership approved just now.) I'm sorry you feel jerked around and after considering your side, I suppose I can understand that reaction. Its easy to see that people with shady motives have given people here reason to be skeptical. I'll get back to you as soon as I find a link to post, promise :hug:
Edit: So I just found the main report I was thinking of, the witness report from Moonicide's experience, and I saw that you replied "SKEPTICAL" all over it, so I won't bother posting the link. Let's just say that I'll be more careful on this site in the future about having backup for any claims like this I make, to avoid people having an emotional reaction like you did. I'm not here to hurt anybody, even accidentally. Sorry about the confusion and I hope our future interactions go a little smoother :hug:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sisifos
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
There you go: vomiting, very painful headaches, stomach pains, seizures, etc. Hope they help...

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
There you go: vomiting, very painful headaches, stomach pains, seizures, etc. Hope they help...

The abstract of the first link said that convulsions can be a symptom.

The second link made no mention of seizures or convulsions.

The third link was a short story, a murder mystery involving sodium nitrite. There was no mention of seizures or convulsions.

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide, autumnal and Neville1
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
It is up to you how you interpret the links provided. Please do read the reports fully and conduct independent research if you remain doubtful. Please understand that physicians are very clinical; vomiting is painful, so are headaches, asphyxia, and seizures. Remember that SN is highly toxic and generally employed for industrial production. Finally, when you get the chance to review the wiki on this site, it is clear that taking is SN is not as painless and peaceful as some may have conveyed. Again, I respect your choice of preferred exit. I do apologize if my initial post unsettled you. Cheers!

• Hugs
Reactions: deleted, falloutcarter13 and Brick In The Wall
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
It is up to you how you interpret the links provided. Please do read the reports fully and conduct independent research if you remain doubtful. Please understand that physicians are very clinical; vomiting is painful, so are headaches, asphyxia, and seizures. Remember that SN is highly toxic and generally employed for industrial production. Finally, when you get the chance to review the wiki on this site, it is clear that taking is SN is not as painless and peaceful as some may have conveyed. Again, I respect your choice of preferred exit. I do apologize if my initial post unsettled you. Cheers!
I'm not 100% sure what's going on here...but it seems like @GoodPersonEffed has some pretty concrete opinions about SN and is operating under a little confirmation bias. The funny thing is I'm not against SN at all, in fact, its my chosen method unless a miracle happens and I find some N. I'm not sure if he/she truly doesn't believe seizures and/or pain are a possibility with SN, or doesn't want to believe it for whatever reason. I know I'm new so people don't know what I'm like at all, but I just believe that about something as serious and final as this substance, being realistic and straightforward are essential. So I simply incorporated seizures as a potential symptom of SN poisoning after I came across several that seemed reliable (especially after unconsciousness which in my case and opinion makes it irrelevant.) I'd rather be prepared for the experience fully than convince myself that certain symptoms don't exist - I'm not saying that's what he/she is doing, mind you, only clarifying my own intentions. While I respect his/her right to ask for sources when someone makes a claim like I did (confirming that I've read that seizures are a possible symptom), I really don't feel the need to prove it to anyone - I'm the world's laziest researcher, and everything I found was either page 1 or 2 of a google search. As you said, best bet...when in doubt, do your own research and satisfy yourself!

Reactions: Greenberg
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
It is up to you how you interpret the links provided. Please do read the reports fully and conduct independent research if you remain doubtful.

It's up to me how I interpret the links?? :haha:

I gonna review here:

1. In the OP, you specifically said: "As per medical literature, isn't SN ingestion followed by painful seizures?"

2. In post 6, you said: "I was just reviewing the medical literature on suicide via SN. Throughout, there is mention of vomiting and seizures."

3. I asked for links, you linked an SS comment that was an unsubstantiated quote, not medical literature.

3. When I kept pushing your for the medical literature you'd just been reviewing, you finally provided three links. Only one of them mentioned convulsions or seizures. And one of them was fiction published in a medical journal (and that was not the one article that mentioned convulsions or seizures!).

Summary:
You've used a lot of manipulative moves throughout this thread. I don't know what your agenda is and it's doesn't matter, what matters is that you use manipulative tactics such as evasion, misdirection and gaslighting (creating an alternative reality than the very obvious reality) and are therefore have proven to me as far as this subject is concerned to be untrustworthy. Sorry if that's unsettling. Cheers back!

Reactions: Neville1, CarbonMonoxide and autumnal
W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
When it comes to seizures, people think of the one where they're flinging all over the place, and it's pretty intense to watch. I used to have girlfriend who had seizures, and 98% of the time it was just rapid blinking. Don't be too worried about SN and seizures.

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide and autumnal
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'm not 100% sure what's going on here...but it seems like @GoodPersonEffed has some pretty concrete opinions about SN and is operating under a little confirmation bias. The funny thing is I'm not against SN at all, in fact, its my chosen method unless a miracle happens and I find some N. I'm not sure if he/she truly doesn't believe seizures and/or pain are a possibility with SN, or doesn't want to believe it for whatever reason. I know I'm new so people don't know what I'm like at all, but I just believe that about something as serious and final as this substance, being realistic and straightforward are essential. So I simply incorporated seizures as a potential symptom of SN poisoning after I came across several that seemed reliable (especially after unconsciousness which in my case and opinion makes it irrelevant.) I'd rather be prepared for the experience fully than convince myself that certain symptoms don't exist - I'm not saying that's what he/she is doing, mind you, only clarifying my own intentions. While I respect his/her right to ask for sources when someone makes a claim like I did (confirming that I've read that seizures are a possible symptom), I really don't feel the need to prove it to anyone - I'm the world's laziest researcher, and everything I found was either page 1 or 2 of a google search. As you said, best bet...when in doubt, do your own research and satisfy yourself!

You've been here for a minute. I've been here for eight months and have already consistently proven I don't have confirmation bias about SN. What I dislike is misinformation, that is, someone influencing others by claiming something without backing it up. Instead of backing up your claims (as the OP also did not, except for one weak example when s/he claimed many), which I doubted with clearly stated reasons, you try to divert attention to me and cast doubts on me. That's an evasion and you're trying to smear me, good luck with that.

Reactions: Aap
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020

I gonna review here:

1. In the OP, you specifically said: "As per medical literature, isn't SN ingestion followed by painful seizures?"

2. In post 6, you said: "I was just reviewing the medical literature on suicide via SN. Throughout, there is mention of vomiting and seizures."

3. I asked for links, you linked an SS comment that was an unsubstantiated quote, not medical literature.

3. When I kept pushing your for the medical literature you'd just been reviewing, you finally provided three links. Only one of them mentioned convulsions or seizures. And one of them was fiction published in a medical journal (and that was not the one article that mentioned convulsions or seizures!).

Summary:
You've used a lot of manipulative moves throughout this thread. I don't know what your agenda is and it's doesn't matter, what matters is that you use manipulative tactics such as evasion, misdirection and gaslighting (creating an alternative reality than the very obvious reality) and are therefore have proven to me as far as this subject is concerned to be untrustworthy. Sorry if that's unsettling. Cheers back!
No offense intended and I'm not looking for an argument or trolling, hand to the sky...but it really does seem like you've got a very concrete opinion on the effects of SN poisoning and simply don't want to consider altering that opinion. Its a relatively (relatively, now!!) unknown exit substance, and the dosages are all over the place on the web. I've seen everything from 5-50g taken and rarely ever are the body weight, age, or other relevant factors given. I won't speak for @Greenberg but in my case, I was simply saying that yes, I have read that both seizures and pain are *possible* side effects of using this substance to CTB. I didn't say they were accurate, hard facts, because I don't think many people actually have those about SN. There's too much variability in the reports, and the reports are not clinical in nature. I only said that it has been reported that they are possible side effects based on my personal reading.

I just really want you to understand where I'm coming from here, because I'm here for one reason - to give and receive comfort and support. As someone who's chosen SN as my substance to do the deed, I'm not speaking out against it a single bit. I'm really hoping that this first interaction doesn't define our future interactions.

Reactions: deleted and Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020

I gonna review here:

Summary:
I am not going to inflame the conversation as I do not see the point in it. If you choose to ignore my post, respectfully please do so. I sense you are angry for some unknown reason. Please respect the website's policy of respect and cordiality to others. Aside from that, I am going to ignore you and end our conversation.

Reactions: falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
You've been here for a minute. I've been here for eight months and have already consistently proven I don't have confirmation bias about SN. What I dislike is misinformation, that is, someone influencing others by claiming something without backing it up. Instead of backing up your claims (as the OP also did not, except for one weak example when s/he claimed many), which I doubted with clearly stated reasons, you try to divert attention to me and cast doubts on me. That's an evasion and you're trying to smear me, good luck with that.
I'm going to respectfully disengage now. All I'll say is that I never intended to smear you, jerk you off, or whatever else you've said. This is basically a disagreement about semantics, which I find frankly unpleasant and counterproductive in a place like this. I'm sorry if I've inadvertently offended you or hurt your feelings, feel free to block me if you find me distasteful. I wish you the best, truly!

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Yes, @GoodPersonEffect, has his issues. Best if we are to let him be. Incidentally, I am in agreement with your posts in this thread. Best wishes!

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Yes, @GoodPersonEffect, has his issues. Best if we are to let him be. Incidentally, I am in agreement with your posts in this thread. Best wishes!
I feel really bad about it, talk about getting off on the wrong foot. I'm so aware that we've all got issues, we're here, right? And a petty argument was the absolute opposite of my intentions when I commented here, genuinely just trying to help the OP. I hope that me and @GoodPersonEffed can get a fresh start in the future. I suppose I should prepare myself for interactions like this here though, people are hurting and hurt people lash out sometimes *sigh* I just feel bad...

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020

I'm confused, you asked a question and have users making claims without links + anecdotal evidence. Anyone can read this thread and make their own conclusions from it. I'm sure SHE and others are more concerned about facts than "I remember reading this from somewhere" Everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt unless you've got strong evidence to back up your claims.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, CarbonMonoxide, autumnal and 1 other person
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I feel really bad about it, talk about getting off on the wrong foot. I'm so aware that we've all got issues, we're here, right? And a petty argument was the absolute opposite of my intentions when I commented here, genuinely just trying to help the OP. I hope that me and @GoodPersonEffed can get a fresh start in the future. I suppose I should prepare myself for interactions like this here though, people are hurting and hurt people lash out sometimes *sigh* I just feel bad...
Please don't misunderstand. People here are well-intentioned. Everyone has the right to disagree but not the right to browbeat others because of a difference of opinion. I have already let it past like water on a duck's back. Cheers.
I'm confused, you asked a question and have users making claims without links + anecdotal evidence. Anyone can read this thread and make their own conclusions from it. I'm sure SHE and others are more concerned about facts than "I remember reading this from somewhere" Everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt unless you've got strong evidence to back up your claims.
How are you aware of the sex of the individual? It is not mentioned anywhere. And plus, does it matter? (Since you CAPITALIZE it.)

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

Yeah, I'm afraid you kind of lose any credibility when you post a work of fiction and are (still) seemingly unaware that it is such! :pfff:

To my knowledge, there is little to no evidence to suggest that SN leads to 'seizures'. And there is certainly no implication that any seizures experienced would be 'painful'. A seizure is a disruption of the electrical impulses in the brain. By virtue of the brain being where we experience consciousness (and pain), a seizure is often experienced as a period of unconsciousness, and so there is no way it can be 'painful'. The other kind of seizure, involving a localised shaking of a specific part of the body, also has no inherent painfulness to it.

Note that there are a number of common reactions in the body after unconsciousness but before death. The misunderstanding of these reactions by untrained observers has led to innacuracies in some of the anecdotal accounts on the forum. Just bear this in mind when browsing these anecdotes.

I don't know whether you are coming from a position of deliberate disinformation, or simply ignorance or poor grasp of English. Unfortunately, all of these causes are equally dangerous in practice, which is why you are experiencing some understandably strong reactions from other long-term members.

It would do you some good to review the two key resources on SN to gain a proper understanding of the basics involved, before you attempt to find or interpret any external research yourself.

I'm going to respectfully disengage now. All I'll say is that I never intended to smear you, jerk you off, or whatever else you've said. [...]

The phrase is 'jerk you around'. 'Jerk you off' has a different meaning entirely! :pfff:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tackeyy and CarbonMonoxide
Status
Not open for further replies.