• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Two cases from "Reactions Weekly"
Methaemoglobinaemia following suicide attempt: case report.

A 29-year-old man developed methaemoglobinaemia following sodium nitrite overdose in a suicide attempt. The man, in an attempt to suicide, intentionally ingested 20-22g of sodium nitrite. He called emergency response, 5 minutes later. He was found obtunded by the paramedics; however, following room air ventilation he was able to describe events. Subsequently, he became more obtunded and seized. He was intubated. Upon arrival, his HR was 106 beats/minute, BP was 113/57 mmHg, RR was 18 breaths/minute, and oxygenation saturation 86%. Severe cyanosis was revealed on physical examination. He was immediately administered methylene blue. A minute after methylene blue administration, arterial laboratory studies drawn revealed methaemoglobin concentration 91%, lactic acid 11.5 mmol/L and pO2 109 mmHg. He was given activated charcoal. One hour post the methylene blue administration, repeat methaemoglobin concentration was 54%. One hour post the first dose of methylene blue, he was given an additional dose of methylene blue and repeat methaemoglobin concentration 24 minutes later was 35%. As his haemoglobin was 11.6mg/dL, he was given 2 units of packed RBCs to enhance oxygen carrying capacity. Subsequent methaemoglobin concentration was 6% and it was undetectable approximately 24 hours post-ingestion. On hospital day 2 neurologically intact, he was transferred to the psychiatry service.

Author comment: "To describe successful therapy in a patient with severe sodium nitrite poisoning after intentional ingestion who recovered completely within 24 hours." "Severe methaemoglobinemia from intentional sodium nitrite poisoning can be effectively resuscitated using an aggressive approach with decontamination, methylene blue, and blood transfusion."

From this report we can see that a person fully recovered in 24 hours, this proves the safety of the method if some of you are afraid of any damage to body.
It was his choice to call emergency so I guess he was not ready or his SI was too strong at that moment

Methaemoglobinaemia and shock following a suicide attempt: case report.

An 18-year-old man developed methaemoglobinaemia and shock following the ingestion of sodium nitrite in a suicide attempt. The man presented to the emergency department in an unconscious state 2 hours following the ingestion of an unknown amount of an unknown substance in a suicide attempt. Unconsciousness had been preceded by 8-10 episodes of watery vomiting. The culprit was later identified as sodium nitrite, since his family was involved in a dye industry. Upon physical examination, he appeared unconscious, collapsed, unresponsive and deeply cyanosed. He had no pulse, his BP could not be recorded, the periphery of his body was clumsy and cool, and he had a respiratory rate of 12 breaths/min. His pupils were sluggishly reactive to light and appeared bilaterally semi-dilated. Oxygen saturation was found to be 80% following which, his blood samples were urgently collected for further analyses. His blood was found to be chocolate brown. The man was initiated on vasopressor support with noradrenaline. Oxygen was passed through the blood sample collected; however, a change in colour was not observed. He was therefore moved to the ICU and put on a ventilator. Initial arterial blood gas analysis revealed the following: pH 7.26, partial pressure of oxygen (pO2) 533mm Hg, oxygen saturation (SpO2) 100%, partial pressure of carbon dioxide (pCO2) 27.4mm Hg, bicarbonate (HCO3) 12.1 mEq/L and methaemoglobin 77%. His BP and cyanosis showed no improvement in spite of complete ventilatory support. Laboratory profile revealed the following: haemoglobin 12.5 g/dL, platelet count 235000/mm3, leukocyte count 8750/ mm3, normal electrolyte concentrations, chest X-ray, urinalysis, echocardiogram, kidney and renal functions. ECG revealed sinus tachycardia. Methaemoglobinaemia and central cyanosis were thus attributed to poisoning from sodium nitrite dye. The man was administered methylene blue as an antidote. Two hours later, methaemoglobin levels reduced to 45%, with a subsequent improvement in BP and cyanosis. Two more doses of methylene blue were repeated at 4-hour intervals; he also received ascorbic acid for 2 days. Vasopressor support was gradually tapered off. He was weaned off ventilator support after 24 hours, when his BP, saturation gap, oxygen saturation and methaemoglobin normalised. Arterial blood gas analysis after 24 hours revealed the following: pH 7.43, pO2 91mm Hg, SpO2 97%, pCO2 33.6mm Hg, HCO3 21.9 mEq/L and methaemoglobin 0.7%. He was discharged on day-4 in a stable haemodynamic condition.

Author comment: "We herein report a case of acute methemoglobinemia with shock due suicidal ingestion of unknown quantity of sodium nitrite."

This person was presented to the hospital in an unconscious state, meaning that somebody saved him. It is crucial to have enough time to avoid being found. Another successful recovery and no sings of brain/body damage which means you won't ruin all your life if you are unsuccessful with this method.
Thus, it is always better to rest assured rather than panic about possible consequences.

Last edited:
Reactions: voyager, highlyvolatile, Broken Chimera and 12 others
A

ashwin

Feb 19, 2020
Unconsciousness had been preceded by 8-10 episodes of watery vomiting — does this means he vomited before loosing consciousness?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and faust
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Yes, as we know, when taking SN you should ensure you are not found, and that you don't call for an ambulance yourself, if your intention is to CTB....

Reactions: highlyvolatile, TimeToBiteTheDust, throwaway_2620 and 2 others
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Yes, as we know, when taking SN you should ensure you are not found, and that you don't call for an ambulance yourself, if your intention is to CTB....
I found in these two cases a proof that the method itself is very safe. One recovered completely after 24 hours and another was discharged on day 4. No permanent damage or anything else that may cause fear to use this method. I think you were right, I had to leave my own comments...
Unconsciousness had been preceded by 8-10 episodes of watery vomiting — does this means he vomited before loosing consciousness?
I think yes, but it was not something like he vomited and after the last throw up passed out. Btw there were successful suicides even after throwing up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quarky00, Indieblue and throwaway_2620
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I found in these two cases a proof that the method itself is very safe. One recovered completely after 24 hours and another was discharged on day 4. No permanent damage or anything else that may cause fear to use this method. I think you were right, I had to leave my own comments...
Yes, most people don't have time/energy to read the medical details, then reflect and draw conclusions.
Even people who are good at doing such things may struggle to do so later when their mind is not "tuned in" to the topic.

So if your mind *is* tuned in to a topic and you do some research, then you should record your interpretation/thoughts, so others can benefit from the main "takeaway" points....

Reactions: highlyvolatile, davidlynchfan666 and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Yes, most people don't have time/energy to read the medical details, then reflect and draw conclusions.
Even people who are good at doing such things may struggle to do so later when their mind is not "tuned in" to the topic.

So if your mind *is* tuned in to a topic and you do some research, then you should record your interpretation/thoughts, so others can benefit from the main "takeaway" points....
Thanks again, I will definitely do that the next time! But first thought it would be not correct to leave my own comments because every opinion is subjective to some extent.

Reactions: Indieblue
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Thanks again, I will definitely do that the next time! But first thought it would be not correct to leave my own comments because every opinion is subjective to some extent.
Posting studies can also cause distortion....
e.g. suppose I pick 20 studies to post, that all show a CTB method to have failed, but I don't post the other 1000 studies, showing it to have succeeded.

When you post studies without adding any comment, it confuses people as to the point you are making....

Reactions: autumnal and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Posting studies can also cause distortion....
e.g. suppose I pick 20 studies to post, that all show a CTB method to have failed, but I don't post the other 1000 studies, showing it to have succeeded.

When you post studies without adding any comment, it confuses people as to the point you are making....
The post was updated and comments were added!

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020

A 29-year-old man developed methaemoglobinaemia following sodium nitrite overdose in a suicide attempt. The man, in an attempt to suicide, intentionally ingested 20-22g of sodium nitrite. He called emergency response, 5 minutes later. He was found obtunded by the paramedics; however, following room air ventilation he was able to describe events. Subsequently, he became more obtunded and seized. He was intubated. Upon arrival, his HR was 106 beats/minute, BP was 113/57 mmHg, RR was 18 breaths/minute, and oxygenation saturation 86%. Severe cyanosis was revealed on physical examination. He was immediately administered methylene blue. A minute after methylene blue administration, arterial laboratory studies drawn revealed methaemoglobin concentration 91%, lactic acid 11.5 mmol/L and pO2 109 mmHg. He was given activated charcoal. One hour post the methylene blue administration, repeat methaemoglobin concentration was 54%. One hour post the first dose of methylene blue, he was given an additional dose of methylene blue and repeat methaemoglobin concentration 24 minutes later was 35%. As his haemoglobin was 11.6mg/dL, he was given 2 units of packed RBCs to enhance oxygen carrying capacity. Subsequent methaemoglobin concentration was 6% and it was undetectable approximately 24 hours post-ingestion. On hospital day 2 neurologically intact, he was transferred to the psychiatry service.

Author comment: "To describe successful therapy in a patient with severe sodium nitrite poisoning after intentional ingestion who recovered completely within 24 hours." "Severe methaemoglobinemia from intentional sodium nitrite poisoning can be effectively resuscitated using an aggressive approach with decontamination, methylene blue, and blood transfusion."

From this report we can see that a person fully recovered in 24 hours, this proves the safety of the method if some of you are afraid of any damage to body.
It was his choice to call emergency so I guess he was not ready or his SI was too strong at that moment

An 18-year-old man developed methaemoglobinaemia and shock following the ingestion of sodium nitrite in a suicide attempt. The man presented to the emergency department in an unconscious state 2 hours following the ingestion of an unknown amount of an unknown substance in a suicide attempt. Unconsciousness had been preceded by 8-10 episodes of watery vomiting. The culprit was later identified as sodium nitrite, since his family was involved in a dye industry. Upon physical examination, he appeared unconscious, collapsed, unresponsive and deeply cyanosed. He had no pulse, his BP could not be recorded, the periphery of his body was clumsy and cool, and he had a respiratory rate of 12 breaths/min. His pupils were sluggishly reactive to light and appeared bilaterally semi-dilated. Oxygen saturation was found to be 80% following which, his blood samples were urgently collected for further analyses. His blood was found to be chocolate brown. The man was initiated on vasopressor support with noradrenaline. Oxygen was passed through the blood sample collected; however, a change in colour was not observed. He was therefore moved to the ICU and put on a ventilator. Initial arterial blood gas analysis revealed the following: pH 7.26, partial pressure of oxygen (pO2) 533mm Hg, oxygen saturation (SpO2) 100%, partial pressure of carbon dioxide (pCO2) 27.4mm Hg, bicarbonate (HCO3) 12.1 mEq/L and methaemoglobin 77%. His BP and cyanosis showed no improvement in spite of complete ventilatory support. Laboratory profile revealed the following: haemoglobin 12.5 g/dL, platelet count 235000/mm3, leukocyte count 8750/ mm3, normal electrolyte concentrations, chest X-ray, urinalysis, echocardiogram, kidney and renal functions. ECG revealed sinus tachycardia. Methaemoglobinaemia and central cyanosis were thus attributed to poisoning from sodium nitrite dye. The man was administered methylene blue as an antidote. Two hours later, methaemoglobin levels reduced to 45%, with a subsequent improvement in BP and cyanosis. Two more doses of methylene blue were repeated at 4-hour intervals; he also received ascorbic acid for 2 days. Vasopressor support was gradually tapered off. He was weaned off ventilator support after 24 hours, when his BP, saturation gap, oxygen saturation and methaemoglobin normalised. Arterial blood gas analysis after 24 hours revealed the following: pH 7.43, pO2 91mm Hg, SpO2 97%, pCO2 33.6mm Hg, HCO3 21.9 mEq/L and methaemoglobin 0.7%. He was discharged on day-4 in a stable haemodynamic condition.

Author comment: "We herein report a case of acute methemoglobinemia with shock due suicidal ingestion of unknown quantity of sodium nitrite."

This person was presented to the hospital in an unconscious state, meaning that somebody saved him. It is crucial to have enough time to avoid being found. Another successful recovery and no sings of brain/body damage which means you won't ruin all your life if you are unsuccessful with this method.
Thus, it is always better to rest assured rather than panic about possible consequences.

Thanks good info I was imagining a failed attempt would burn your insides so thanks. JG

Reactions: faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Thanks good info I was imagining a failed attempt would burn your insides so thanks. JG
I think the best way to be sure it is not dangerous would be simply mixing with water and checking the taste.If it does not burn in the mouth, why should it burn the stomach? We are eating SN almost everyday and in this case risks are great. But not from a single dose.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I think the best way to be sure it is not dangerous would be simply mixing with water and checking the taste.If it does not burn in the mouth, why should it burn the stomach? We are eating SN almost everyday and in this case risks are great. But not from a single dose.

Lol, I don't know where I got that from I'm sure I was reading a documented case and they mentioned a burning sensation in there stomach and they had to lie down I will have a search later I might be getting it mixed up with SA.

• Aww..
Reactions: faust
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020

The second patient ingested "dye". It's possible that the concentration of the Sn in the due was not the lethal dose.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020

Hiya,

I found the documented case where she mentioned it was burning her mouth and stomach, but it seems bearable.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/first-ever-sn-documentation.29734/

Cheers Geo

• Love
Reactions: ready55, autumnal and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Hiya,

I found the documented case where she mentioned it was burning her mouth and stomach, but it seems bearable.

Cheers Geo
According to the information we have, it was not an unbearable burn I first thought about. Was 3,5 out of 10.

Reactions: autumnal and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
According to the information we have, it was not an unbearable burn I first thought about. Was 3,5 out of 10.

Yes that's fine 3.5 out of 10 considering how easy it is to get everything you need to ctb.

Cheers Geo

Reactions: autumnal and faust
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Hiya,

Cheers Geo
It doesn't have to burn. SN has an extremely salty taste, I found that to be worse. And I know, because I survived SN.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, TimeToBiteTheDust and faust
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
It doesn't have to burn. SN has an extremely salty taste, I found that to be worse. And I know, because I survived SN.

Sorry to hear that, like I've said before only on SS will see such a comment, lol, did you follow Stan's guide or was it before the guide, if you don't mind me asking how many grams did you take.

Cheers Geo

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Sorry to hear that, like I've said before only on SS will see such a comment, lol, did you follow Stan's guide or was it before the guide, if you don't mind me asking how many grams did you take.

Cheers Geo
It's allright, no worries. I did not follow Stan's guide, I don't believe it was a thing yet when this happened back in August? It was a horrible period, I have repressed a lot of the memories so thinking back some of the details are vague. I remember I dissolved the (at the time) recommended amount of SN in a glass of water. Excuse me for not remembering the exact amount, though I believe it was about 15-20mg.
The doctors later told me the dosage would have been lethal, but yeah doctors, I was found.

Cheers Geo
oh and fun fact: I was the first ever person to come into that hospital after an attempt with SN. Look mom, I finally came in first!

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Made4TV, Jumper Geo and smole
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
It's allright, no worries. I did not follow Stan's guide, I don't believe it was a thing yet when this happened back in August? It was a horrible period, I have repressed a lot of the memories so thinking back some of the details are vague. I remember I dissolved the (at the time) recommended amount of SN in a glass of water. Excuse me for not remembering the exact amount, though I believe it was about 15-20mg.
The doctors later told me the dosage would have been lethal, but yeah doctors, I was found.

You must be pissed being found, thanks for the heads up it's refreshing knowing people who survive haven't got life changing disabilities or brain damage so I can look forward to a horrible salty taste, I was thinking of gargling a very strong mouth wash first then spit it out and drink the SN, may even consider a straw.

I hope you find peace.

Cheers Geo

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
You must be pissed being found, thanks for the heads up it's refreshing knowing people who survive haven't got life changing disabilities or brain damage so I can look forward to a horrible salty taste, I was thinking of gargling a very strong mouth wash first then spit it out and drink the SN, may even consider a straw.

I hope you find peace.

Cheers Geo
Thanks, you're far too kind to me. To say I was pissed, yeah, that's one way to put it lol. I guess what hurt the most was seeing what it did emotionally to my family and such.
Indeed, no disablities or anything. No cognitive disabilites, no motor disabilities. Though I must add, the ambulance came pretty quickly. I think I only spent about 25-30 minutes with the full dosage of SN in my system before I got medical care.
If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. After all, there aren't many people with an experience like mine.

Reactions: Quarky00, Made4TV and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Thanks, you're far too kind to me. To say I was pissed, yeah, that's one way to put it lol. I guess what hurt the most was seeing what it did emotionally to my family and such.
Indeed, no disablities or anything. No cognitive disabilites, no motor disabilities. Though I must add, the ambulance came pretty quickly. I think I only spent about 25-30 minutes with the full dosage of SN in my system before I got medical care.
If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. After all, there aren't many people with an experience like mine.

Thanks, I'm glad you came out of it unscathed with no lingering injuries,

Cheers Geo

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Yes that's fine 3.5 out of 10 considering how easy it is to get everything you need to ctb.

Cheers Geo
Sip ice water , suck ice cube :heart:

Salt is horrible but some did not care , others mentioned burning , not critical to stop us but why ctb with disgust we desrve better . :hug:

PS -- Cases already documented here https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-scientific-articles.31679/

• Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Ame and faust