Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I was deciding which one would be better and of course I would want N but it seems it's very hard to get and also very expensive. If I get SN will it do the same trick? Or is it a big difference..? I read it's not that big of a deal but if there's that many people going out of their way to get N I'm wondering what's so special about it. I just feel like there's so many things a person has to go through just to obtain N and I don't have the energy or the money(I could save up I guess). I need your opinion/perspective.<3

D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
For me N or DDMP2 (if you can get/make it) is the gold standard. For SN I'd need meto which looks sus from a doc, I guess I could just order it off one of the online places. But the main thing for me is peacefulness. I'm not saying SN is horrible or anything but if I can spend a bit more for N/DDMP2 I'll do that (they also have better peacefulness 'ratings' in the ppeh).
edit: also I already have access and know the darkent world, so it's a lot easier to the point where it's comparable and worth the cost

Last edited:
Reactions: Nymph
M

mem12

Student
Jun 24, 2020
In general it is accepted that Nembutal is very peaceful, consciousness is quickly lost and there is no way back.
SN - consciousness is lost within 20min(or up to 20min), if you decide to change your mind you could call EMergency services and they should have a drug to treat you...

Last edited:
Reactions: Saed and Nymph
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
N is the Holy Grail of ctb.
If it's within your financial means,learn how and where to get it. Be sure you know exactly what you're doing. Go for it.

Reactions: sadghost, autumnal, mem12 and 2 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
For me N or DDMP2 (if you can get/make it) is the gold standard. For SN I'd need meto which looks sus from a doc, I guess I could just order it off one of the online places. But the main thing for me is peacefulness. I'm not saying SN is horrible or anything but if I can spend a bit more for N/DDMP2 I'll do that (they also have better peacefulness 'ratings' in the ppeh).
edit: also I already have access and know the darkent world, so it's a lot easier to the point where it's comparable and worth the cost
If I already have meto do you think I should just get SN? I don't have access to N and money rn

nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
What you pay for with N is the fact that it's designed to be a painless and peaceful death. You sort of drift off to sleep, whereas with SN, you're conscious for 10 - 30 minutes and likely dealing with some uncomfortable / painful side-effects. Given that SN is literally a fraction of the price of N, it's a fair trade-off in a lot of cases.

Lots of peoples' experiences with SN have been documented here, if you'd like to get a sense of what it's been like for others.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...nd-experiences-information-google-docs.29900/

• Love
Reactions: Noisette, autumnal and Nymph
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
In general it is accepted that Nembutal is very peaceful, consciousness is quickly lost and there is no way back.
SN - consciousness is lost within 20min, if you decide to change your mind you could call EMergency services and they should have a drug to treat you...
Regarding having second thoughts with SN. You must tell them when calling ems,you need Methylene Blue antidote for SN. Even if you can barely say anything else.
To be sure the ambulance crew are carrying it.
Someone has to be authorised to administer it,though...
Wow,most people will actually be dead by the time they reach hospital.
If Methylene Blue can only be administered in hospital.
Better hope you're cloae to a hospital and tell em to have the MB ready...

Last edited:
Reactions: mem12
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
If I already have meto do you think I should just get SN? I don't have access to N and money rn
You gotta pull the trigger on that one (pardon the pun), I don't know. You might not like how sn feels and bail, you might be able to do it easily, you might be able to do anything I've no idea lol. It depends on what suits you best, like I could never jump (scared of heights) or hang (scared of that too), but swallowing a cocktail? Yeah I'm all in. Depends on your poison lol

• Love
Reactions: Nymph and Saed
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
What you pay for with N is the fact that it's designed to be a painless and peaceful death. You sort of drift off to sleep, whereas with SN, you're conscious for 10 - 30 minutes and likely dealing with some uncomfortable / painful side-effects. Given that SN is literally a fraction of the price of N, it's a fair trade-off in a lot of cases.

Lots of peoples' experiences with SN have been documented here, if you'd like to get a sense of what it's been like for others.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...nd-experiences-information-google-docs.29900/
Thanks, I appreciate the help

• Hugs
Reactions: nerve
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
The short answer is that N is directly peaceful (aside from the foul chemical taste) and SN is not as bad as other methods, but not really a pleasant experience either.

Reactions: autumnal and Saed
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I was deciding which one would be better and of course I would want N but it seems it's very hard to get and also very expensive. If I get SN will it do the same trick? Or is it a big difference..? I read it's not that big of a deal but if there's that many people going out of their way to get N I'm wondering what's so special about it. I just feel like there's so many things a person has to go through just to obtain N and I don't have the energy or the money(I could save up I guess). I need your opinion/perspective.<3

The relevant resources should be enough to compare and contrast these methods. Especially the PPH, which rates both on their relative peacefulness and other criteria.

ISO-blueman.png
The two most important SN resources you MUST read (PPH/Stan's Guide) | Sanctioned Suicide

SN - consciousness is lost within 20min(or up to 20min), if you decide to change your mind you could call EMergency services and they should have a drug to treat you...

iu
Just FYI, it is not wise to depend in any way on the reversibility of the SN method. You may well become incapacitated before you are able to summon help and/or any delays in arrival, treatment and identification and administration of antidote may still prove fatal. If you are factoring in reversibility due to change of mind in any suicide method, then perhaps you are not yet ready to be attempting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noisette and Saed