• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

OldGod

OldGod

Student
Feb 20, 2020
I've been reading a lot on this sub and I see two kinds of opinions when it comes to SN+alcohol:

1. "Don't do it, it will make you more likely to vomit. It will also change the acidity in your stomach and the SN will take longer to absorb."

2. "Vomiting is your only worry, if you can handle it then it shouldn't be a problem."

What's the real truth?

I have quite a strong stomach. I very rarely puke when I drink. Maybe once every couple years. I've mastered the skill of suppressing that urge to puke. Another thing, I had made an attempt to drink SN two nights ago. I did get a bit nauseous but did not vomit. The biggest problem for me was that my survival instinct kicked into high gear and made me not want to finish the drink.

My question is, will alcohol really be that much of an issue? Is vomiting the only risk or is it stomach acid as well? And are there any other methods to suppress anxiety or the survival instinct? That's my biggest barrier right now. Want to make another attempt tonight.

Reactions: Mich517 and faust
Kvotheloner

Kvotheloner

Aug 11, 2019
I'm not sure but sweet Thou shirt. In Pa as well. lol

• Love
Reactions: OldGod
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
pH of ethanol is a bit higher than of water, that means it is more basic than water.
So concerning acidity, it is not an issue.
But if your stomach is not empty, it will take longer for SN to work.
So if you want to use alcohol, make sure, your stomach is empty then.
I do not recommend to mix alco for example with meto because it can make you feel very drowsy or even dizzy.
Edit: Sorry, I mean if you take a low amount of alcohol. If medium or high, chances of throwing up are high.

Last edited:
Taran

Taran

Am I alive?
Mar 11, 2020
pH of ethanol is a bit higher than of water, that means it is more basic than water.
I do not recommend to mix alco for example with meto because it can make you feel very drowsy or even dizzy.
What about weed?

OldGod

OldGod

Student
Feb 20, 2020

Right, I've been fasting all day today. I plan on having an empty stomach again. I also don't plan on overdoing it, just enough to calm my nerves because I have severe anxiety. I think it also takes about 30 mins for your stomach to digest alcohol on an empty stomach, so if I drink about 30-45 mins before taking the SN it should help right?
What about weed?

I don't smoke weed anymore, gives me too much anxiety unfortunately.

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
What about weed?
Weed can be used as an antiemetic, so I expect weed will lower the chances of throwing up.
Right, I've been fasting all day today. I plan on having an empty stomach again. I also don't plan on overdoing it, just enough to calm my nerves because I have severe anxiety. I think it also takes about 30 mins for your stomach to digest alcohol on an empty stomach, so if I drink about 30-45 mins before taking the SN it should help right?

I don't smoke weed anymore, gives me too much anxiety unfortunately.
Hmmm, depends which type of alcohol. pH of wine is very low, beer has lower pH too. Best would be alkaline vodka.
Edit: Also, that should depend on your metabolism. But 30-40 should be enough, you will feel that.
Edit2: alcohol can really help to face panic or anxiety, but it won't vanish it.

Last edited:
OldGod

OldGod

Student
Feb 20, 2020
Weed can be used as an antiemetic, so I expect weed will lower the chances of throwing up.

Hmmm, depends which type of alcohol. pH of wine is very low, beer has lower pH too. Best would be alkaline vodka.
Edit: Also, that should depend on your metabolism. But 30-40 should be enough, you will feel that.
Edit2: alcohol can really help to face panic or anxiety, but it won't vanish it.

So are you saying something stronger would be ideal? Cause right now all the liqour stores are shut down lol My options are limited I think.

one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
@OldGod Just curious. But are you thinking if you are under the influence of alcohol, your dislike for the taste on SN will be less of a factor to swallow it, other then a sip?

OldGod

OldGod

Student
Feb 20, 2020
@OldGod Just curious. But are you thinking if you are under the influence of alcohol, your dislike for the taste on SN will be less of a factor to swallow it, other then a sip?

It's not the taste, it's that I'm trying to overcome my survival instinct.

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
So are you saying something stronger would be ideal? Cause right now all the liqour stores are shut down lol My options are limited I think.
Strong spirits which do not contain sugar and preferably colorless. Tequila (would consider anejo), gin might be an alternative.
Edit: E.g. London's Dry Gin has pH of 6.9

Last edited:
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
It's not the taste, it's that I'm trying to overcome my survival instinct.

Looking at your other post it was about the taste.. it seemed like the taste made you afraid. I was just checking.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/trying-sn-method-tonight-hard-to-go-through-with.35412/

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
OldGod

OldGod

Student
Feb 20, 2020
Looking at your other post it was about the taste.. it seemed like the taste made you afraid. I was just checking.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/trying-sn-method-tonight-hard-to-go-through-with.35412/

The taste made my survival instinct kick in. It didn't make me want to vomit or anything, it just made me anxious.

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
The taste made my survival instinct kick in. It didn't make me want to vomit or anything, it just made me anxious.

I realize that. My post was not directed towards vomiting. It was directed more to the fact that you tasted it, got afraid and did not go through with it. So i was wondering if you are contemplaing drink alcohol to curb the SI.

OldGod

OldGod

Student
Feb 20, 2020
I realize that. My post was not directed towards vomiting. It was directed more to the fact that you tasted it, got afraid and did not go through with it. So i was wondering if you are contemplaing drink alcohol to curb the SI.

That's my thought process. I very much want to CTB but my SI kicks in and doesn't let me. If I can lower my anxiety a bit I can at least get the SN down and just go to sleep. Alcohol should help me pass out quicker too.

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
Alcohol should help me pass out quicker too.

Hopefully not before ingesting the SN.
You said you have already read on the sub. So i would imagine that you already know about what can happen with SN + Alcohol.
Either way good luck with your choice.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
My question is, will alcohol really be that much of an issue? Is vomiting the only risk or is it stomach acid as well? And are there any other methods to suppress anxiety or the survival instinct? That's my biggest barrier right now. Want to make another attempt tonight.

I would look at the threads that have gathered the anecdotes of SN successes and failures to see if any of them mentioned alcohol consumption.

The only method I can think of is to do a lot of visualizations, step by step. This is what athletes do to ensure they are calm when things come up, and can follow through all the way to the intended outcome. If I were in your shoes, I'd keep doing this until I could say with confidence, "This is when I'm going to do it," not "Want to make another attempt." I'd go through the moments that catch me up, like taste reactions, and visualize getting past them and onto the next thing that would catch me up (list of symptoms) so that I didn't call emergency services. I'd imagine death, and I'd imagine being dead. I'd make sure it was what I wanted and be confident in the choice or start considering other options.

The way you wrote the OP (and posts on other threads), you don't sound confident. You sound like you want folks to talk you out of or into alcohol because you're not confident in deciding for yourself, the person who's going to experience it, and you're not confident that you'll succeed tonight, only attempt. In other words, you're not in control of this experience, therefore you're set up to likely abort or fail. If you don't have a combination of confidence and determination, this cycle of gearing up, attempting, and bailing is likely to continue to repeat -- that wears you out, and it wears out your support system, and then you'll just feel more hopeless and shitty, i.e., the BPD cycle.

Reactions: the_final_countdown