D

Despo41

May 16, 2020
I need some advice

I have ME/cfs and on top of that I've been left totally brain damaged by an antidepressant.
My brain is totally fried - I know receptors are not working. Things can back fire on me that I take and don't do what they are supposed to. I tried a benzo for severe pain but all it did was make me feel so toxic - didn't give me the feeling it should and actually made me very ill.

I wouldn't risk having something prior to SN to stop me being sick as I know I would have a reaction BUT what do people think about the SN? Knowing my luck it just wouldn't work I'd end up more sick than I already am.
I know it's sounds mad but stuff that effects other just doesn't seem to effect me. I don't even get a hit from a cigarette - it just gives me severe brain fog....as if my dopamine receptors have been damaged

Reactions: blahblahhh, sadgirl9999 and Mare Tranquillitatis
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I need some advice

I have ME/cfs and on top of that I've been left totally brain damaged by an antidepressant.
My brain is totally fried - I know receptors are not working. Things can back fire on me that I take and don't do what they are supposed to. I tried a benzo for severe pain but all it did was make me feel so toxic - didn't give me the feeling it should and actually made me very ill.

I wouldn't risk having something prior to SN to stop me being sick as I know I would have a reaction BUT what do people think about the SN? Knowing my luck it just wouldn't work I'd end up more sick than I already am.
I know it's sounds mad but stuff that effects other just doesn't seem to effect me. I don't even get a hit from a cigarette - it just gives me severe brain fog....as if my dopamine receptors have been damaged

I'd guess that a lot of your symptoms are probably psychosomatic, but even if they weren't, they should not make any difference to how SN affects you. SN affects the levels of oxygen in the bloodstream. It doesn't require or affect the receptors in the brain except for triggering nausea and then ultimately depriving the brain of oxygen and causing unconsciousness and death. There's no reason why it shouldn't work as normal if you properly follow all of the relevant instructions.

I would say that antiemetics are an important part of the SN protocol, and it is worth considering taking them, despite your belief that you might react badly to them. A preliminary test of antiemetics might be worth doing to put your mind at rest.

Reactions: Swabbie
D

Despo41

May 16, 2020
I'd guess that a lot of your symptoms are probably psychosomatic, but even if they weren't, they should not make any difference to how SN affects you. SN affects the levels of oxygen in the bloodstream. It doesn't require or affect the receptors in the brain except for triggering nausea and then ultimately depriving the brain of oxygen and causing unconsciousness and death. There's no reason why it shouldn't work as normal if you properly follow all of the relevant instructions.

I would say that antiemetics are an important part of the SN protocol, and it is worth considering taking them, despite your belief that you might react badly to them. A preliminary test of antiemetics might be worth doing to put your mind at rest.
Thank you. My symptoms are not psychosomatic - I have had serious adverse reactions to medication. I literally react to everything since my reaction. I would not risk the anti sickness tablet as I can't even tolerate a bloody paracetamol - hence why I cannot treat this awful pain I'm in.
you've put my mind at rest though.
thanks

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Escape Artist, zevon and 3 others
Z

zevon

Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. My symptoms are not psychosomatic - I have had serious adverse reactions to medication. I literally react to everything since my reaction. I would not risk the anti sickness tablet as I can't even tolerate a bloody paracetamol - hence why I cannot treat this awful pain I'm in.
you've put my mind at rest though.
thanks

I have mcas and react to everything, including all of the anti-emetics (zofran actually makes me sick, ugh). I once dreamed of a fentanyl OD until I had a procedure where I received the max doses of fent and versed. I'm an ultra rapid metabolizer so nothing short of Propofol puts me out. Like you, I also wonder if I might have some bizarre reaction to the sn when I eventually take it. But at that point....little else matters. Just my opinion. I do believe it will work. It can't be any worse than what an average day is like.

Reactions: Despo41
jrums

jrums

Student
Apr 14, 2019
I need some advice

I have similar receptor damage from SSRIs and don't react to drugs anymore either. Unlike what autumnal assumes we know it's not psychosomatic. But SN has nothing to do with brain receptors except for the anti-emetics. I have domperidone and zofran. Won't do any harm in taking them and I know someone with PSSD and SSRI damage who successfully CTB'd with SN. He didn't respond to drugs or get drunk from alcohol anymore either but this worked.

• Hugs
Reactions: itsamadworld
D

Despo41

May 16, 2020
I have similar receptor damage from SSRIs and don't react to drugs anymore either. Unlike what autumnal assumes we know it's not psychosomatic. But SN has nothing to do with brain receptors except for the anti-emetics. I have domperidone and zofran. Won't do any harm in taking them and I know someone with PSSD and SSRI damage who successfully CTB'd with SN. He didn't respond to drugs or get drunk from alcohol anymore either but this worked.
Thank you. It's sick this is - having to take our life because of something the doctor gave us. Worst crime on this planet!

• Aww..
Reactions: killedbypsychiatry and jrums
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
SN affects the blood, not the brain, so it's not about receptors. I get your fear, and maybe this is just one more thing you'll process differently, but it's a pretty strong toxin that if done right is going to cause methemoglobinemia. Still, if you're that concerned, then it sounds like you have to decide whether it's worth the risk. From what you've said, I would be more worried about N not working than SN.

Reactions: jrums and autumnal
jrums

jrums

Student
Apr 14, 2019
Thank you. It's sick this is - having to take our life because of something the doctor gave us. Worst crime on this planet!
It is the worst crime-get help for mental health and wind up having to take your own life for it. I wish the pills just killed me instead of leaving me to have to do it yourself
SN affects the blood, not the brain, so it's not about receptors. I get your fear, and maybe this is just one more thing you'll process differently, but it's a pretty strong toxin that if done right is going to cause methemoglobinemia. Still, if you're that concerned, then it sounds like you have to decide whether it's worth the risk. From what you've said, I would be more worried about N not working than SN.
Agree. It's part of the reason I stopped trying for N. My GABA receptors are fucked too. I can take massive amounts of benzos with no effect. I can't believe a drug can cause this much destruction.

Last edited:
Reactions: zevon
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I have your exact same problem... I wonder how many people are here because of stupid big pharma and psychiatry