Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
If this topic has been discussed before, I apologise. I've tried searching, but get a 'server down' message. If there's any information available, I'd appreciate directions, if you'd be so kind.

The necessary equipment to induce inert gas hypoxia via helium is available to me. A promising test run has been performed, everything functioning as expected. I understand that helium sources can be unreliable these days, but was ensured by my supplier that my tank is 100% He. The test run determined a useful gas flow of fifteen minutes. I understand that a flow of forty minutes is recommended to ensure expiration, but am not in a position to acquire a larger tank.

Due to this uncertainty, I've delayed a full run. However, having researched the SN method, I wonder if both methods could be employed jointly to reduce the likelihood of failure by either one means or another. In this instance, the preparations to use SN would be made first, followed quickly by the He + exit bag to induce unconsciousness.

I have all the ingredients for the SN method, bar the SN itself, which I'm in the process of sourcing.

Comments and critiques, please? I'm happy to provide further information about my setup, possibly through DM if it should be kept private.

Reactions: Isadeth and pthnrdnojvsc
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
I think the same, keep in mind you need to order a big tank, the party-ballon-gas is ALWAYS mixed with O₂

Reactions: ActualLesbian
aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
My method is combination of potassium cyanide by nitrogen exit bag

Reactions: Mare Tranquillitatis
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I think the same, keep in mind you need to order a big tank, the party-ballon-gas is ALWAYS mixed with O₂

Thank you, yes I was concerned about that, and have rejected other suppliers based on the warnings, but this supplier ensured me it was 100% pure. Standard 50 balloon tank. I don't entirely trust that, hence the backup of the SN. During the test run, breathing it induced dizziness after several seconds, and a feeling of being close to passing out. Also, the squeaky voice was amusing!
My method is combination of potassium cyanide by nitrogen exit bag

Nitrogen would be more reliable, but where I am, I cannot order a large tank without incurring extortionate costs. Plus I'd need all the fittings. Have you found it easy to source materials?

Last edited:
M

Mare Tranquillitatis

Mar 10, 2020
IMHO never use balloon gas, you cannot trust it. In Addition, 15 Minuten gas flow are not much. SN use is not recommanded, because of puking in the BAG.

Reactions: ActualLesbian
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
IMHO never use balloon gas, you cannot trust it. In Addition, 15 Minuten gas flow are not much. SN use is not recommanded, because of puking in the BAG.

Understandable concerns. Yes, puking in the bag would be an unpleasant consequence, but the hope would be that it wouldn't matter in the 'long run'. Even if the He was only good enough to induce unconsciousness, it would be helpful to the overall method and possibly reduce discomfort. SN does look the more hopeful way to go and if it's less complicated, it's preferable. Getting quality SN and other ingredients is the clincher to ensure reliability.