• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

Crinia99

Student
Oct 10, 2023
Can someone please tell me where i find Vizzys information on how to test for SN using the aquarium test strip method, thank you
Will this test be OK, it goes to 5 mg/l

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: 0000000000000
C

Crinia99

Student
Oct 10, 2023
I'm really very confused. I keep seeing reference to Vizzy's information about the aquatium test for SN but cannot find the link to it.

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
I assume this is the one you're looking for?

C

Crinia99

Student
Oct 10, 2023
OK thank you, looks like I need a kit that tests at least 10mg/ l. Not sure where I get that

U

Unsure and alone

It's a slow fade
Dec 10, 2023
@Crinia99 @h.s.p.
Crina99 this thread has visuals of the aquarium test .
I thought you might find that helpful given your question.

H.s.p
Am I correct that we need the SN to be 10ppm or higher ?
I just did the test in that thread.

h.s.p.

h.s.p.

Please tell mom this is not her fault
Dec 8, 2023
@h.s.p.

Am I correct that we need the SN to be 10ppm or higher ?
I just did the test in that thread.
That thread is very informative. I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll try to explain what I've learned: ppm is just a measurement unit used in some of the nitrite testing kits.
I will spare you the math but 1ppm = 1mg/L. So, if your test is 100% the same as shown in the thread (same SN and water quantities AND similar test strips) and you got 10mg/L as a result you should be good. Otherwise, please detail what you did and I'll try to help you

U

Unsure and alone

It's a slow fade
Dec 10, 2023
That thread is very informative. I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll try to explain what I've learned: ppm is just a measurement unit used in some of the nitrite testing kits.
I will spare you the math but 1ppm = 1mg/L. So, if your test is 100% the same as shown in the thread (same SN and water quantities AND similar test strips) and you got 10mg/L as a result you should be good. Otherwise, please detail what you did and I'll try to help you
Thanks very much.
So mine should be good to go .
That's a huge relief.

• Hugs
Reactions: h.s.p.
B

Birdola

Dec 14, 2023
OK thank you, looks like I need a kit that tests at least 10mg/ l. Not sure where I get that
Not sure where you live, but I used the ones Dr. Nitchke recommended. Brand is Bartovation from Amazom.com. I tested my SN today with this.