Rünomai

Rünomai

Neurodivergent
Aug 15, 2020
This is my first thread on this website; that's cool, I think.

(I want to preface this by enunciating that metaphysics, philosophy, etc. have always kind of had a predominance on my ruminations.) Ever since I purchased SN, a few quotidian thoughts have enthralled me almost entirely: (1) how did consciousness arise; (2) the laws physics, as physics exist in our universe, have an omni-temporal control over everything in our noosphere, but, theoretically, if these laws were to have never existed as they exist now (i.e., if they were different to any extent), would consciousness develop differently or at all; and (3) does our intuition have an internalized 'language' that only necessitates linguistics due to our syntatical-verbal development despite actually being comprehensible without linguistics, or does the language that we develop alongside annex itself to our thoughts and comprehensions in such a way that overrides our intuitive language, or is it both and we've just come accustom to verbal internalization, or is it something else?

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that I've actually been able to think for the past few days because of the placation that I have received from knowing that I have a (hopefully) painless and roughly quick way out. I'm almost like 'myself' again, or, at least, my old self, which I do much prefer.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trayus, deleted, JackieInTheBox and 3 others
spider2020

spider2020

Sep 20, 2020
What kind of acid tablets did you order?
I have some alginate, but I don't know if it's good or bad: I'm not sure if SN is absorbed by intestine or stomach. In the second case, alginate or esomeprazol I have to take may be a problem.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I'd also like to know what kind of acid tablets. Is pepto bismal suitable?

B

bornfree

Student
May 10, 2020
deep questions asked in a complicated way.

in the randomness of the laws of physics the universe was created from nothing or by the influence of gods. Were the laws of physics and certain constants different then the universe might not be able to support life or it would be totally different.

Carl Sagan notes in his book Contact the idea that the gods or alien races have left messages in transcendental numbers such as pi. The laws of physics and, for example, the speed of light might be created from randomness and chaos or the order of beings far greater and more powerful than can be comprehended in anyone's imagination.

How consciousness develops is a very interesting question. By chaos or by order? By uncontrollable forces or by the effect of the great makers who are alien races? I remain certain that consciousness is not the sole privilege of the monsters who call themselves the human race. It is extraordinary the power of evolution - assuming it is random forces then survival of the fittest - can create the diversity of consciousnesses that, for example, come together to land man on the Moon after just a very short time frame of the existence of civilisation that is the blink of an ee in terms of the timescales across which evolution works. But think about jokes and humour and laughter and how these are pointless in evolutionary terms. Are these created by chaotic forces that work across timescales of hundreds of thousands or millions of years that never designed for laughter?

Language and mathematics are clearly fundamental to civilisation. I do believe conditioning forces are primarily responsible but there are other elements. Instead of the question of language what about a sense of humour that changes generation after generation and differs country by country? I looked up the history of jokes but couldn't find anything.

By nature language is about a common set of words to communicate. But how did the English communicate with the Native Americans when America was discovered? No language in common but they communicated and both groups learned the others language. Two distinct cultures and civilisations distanced by thousands of miles yet when they met they learned to communicate with each other. Carl Sagan also talks about mathematics being the first language to be understood by alien races but imagine when the British and the Native Americans met for the first time and with no language in common they managed to learn to communicate.

But it is the language to accurate describe the internal of one's mind that there's a dearth of certainly in the English language. There are words for emotions but to truly convey meaning of emotions is left up to writers and poets. There's a wide diversity of conscious experience but no common language to describe it. I remember reading a legal transcript about someone labelled as mentally ill and they tried to convey meaning of their conscious thoughts as "hot thoughts" but it is hard to understand what they mean.

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
@spider2020

According to Stan's Guide:

Antacid

The purpose of antacid has nothing to do with quicker absorption of SN. In your stomach there is something called gastric juices, one of the components of this juice is hydrochloric acid (HCL). When SN mixes with HCL, it converts to regular salt (NaCL). There isn't enough HCL in your stomach to convert all the recommended dose, but it will reduce it. Therefore less SN gets passed to the small intestine where the process of actually transferring it into bloodstream starts. The stomach only prepares the food for digestion, it does not absorb it into the bloodstream. So the purpose of antacid is to help reduce that conversion so more SN moves into the small intestine.

You may see that there are conversations regarding complex medications to reduce the amount of stomach acid. It is not necessary. Regular stores and pharmacies will sell easy to obtain medications that cure indigestion and excess stomach acid.

After research, it was found that proton pump inhibitors (PPI) were not useful for the SN process. Nor any other drug that changes the behaviour of your stomach producing acid. You only need something that reduces the stomach acid quickly.

Excess normal salt (NaCl) in your stomach may also produce some stomach discomfort which makes it a good thing to take them.

It is why meto is suggested, because it hastens stomach emptying.

spider2020

spider2020

Sep 20, 2020
@spider2020

According to Stan's Guide:
It is why meto is suggested, because it hastens stomach emptying.
Small intestine, now I recall, thank you.
Alginate also has a mechanical effect (avoiding reflux): maybe it's more good than bad.

Silver

Silver

Aug 8, 2020
@TheQ22

According to @Quarky00's Guide

Acid-stuff
What they do:
  • Stomach acidity
  • May help SN absorption
Stan detailed that process
Do I need those?No. But many use these.
Considered helpful, widely-available, cause little harm.
Are they available?OTC / Internet
  • Milk of Magnesia – widely available, just as effective.
  • For other brands – search big sites
(1) Antacids
What they do:Neutralizes acid on the spot
Known antacids:
  • Any antacid with magnesium hydroxide.
    • Check any available OTC for ingredients with that.
  • Milk of Magnesia.
Can I use other antacids?We don't know.
  • PPH pervioiusly recommended sodium bicarbonate, this was changed to acid-regulator.

Reactions: TheQ22
Silver

Silver

Aug 8, 2020
@Q22 you're welcome!

@Runomai hope you don't mind I hijacked your thread

Rünomai

Rünomai

Neurodivergent
Aug 15, 2020
@Q22 you're welcome!

@Runomai hope you don't mind I hijacked your thread
I don't mind.

For anyone interested, I purchased Tagamet; I have 3000mgs in total, but I am only keen on ingesting 800mgs.

I

ineedtoleave

Student
Oct 3, 2020
Do you live in Europe or US? Just wondering as it's hard to get SN here in Holland