• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Maybe_I_Might

Mar 24, 2023
Okay, SN seems to be the best method for me right now, but I can only get it from one place because I can't have it delivered to my place of residence.

Unfortunately, the only bits of SN on said place are ones that have very low percentages.

There is a product with a percent of 6.25% SN, but I'll round down to 6 to be safe and cause it's easier

In Stan's guide to SN, its said that you need >95% percent of SN, and 25 grams of it, but would it still be able to work with 6%, if I just had more of it?

Here comes the calcs, I don't know if it makes sense, so tell me.

96 percent of 25 grams = 24 grams

6% of 400 = 24 (I'm thinking if it has 96% SN in 25 grams, the pure SN in it is 24 grams, so I just needed to see how many grams with a 6% SN concentration would give me 24 grams, which is 400 grams)

So idk if this is right, but does this mean, instead of 25 grams of 96% SN, I can use 400 grams of 6%?

Stan's guide also says that it be in 50 mL of water, would it matter if its more water? Ik it'll be more dilute, but I'm still taking the same amount of SN. Should I increase it proportionally?:

If its 25 grams in 50 mL, then that would be equal to 400 grams in 800 mL (400/25 = 16, 16 * 50 = 800)

Anyone who's smarter than me please tell me if it makes any sense, and if this would actually work

warmsand

warmsand

cool
Mar 26, 2023
i've thought about this before, and i don't think it would work. i think the 6% is diluted with actual salt, so not only would it be incredibly hard for you to drink, but it would also probably have adverse effects independent of the effects of the SN by itself.

if there were a way to separate the SN from the salt then maybe, but i don't think this would work imo.

D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
Unfortunately doesn't make sense at all and your source doesn't seem to have a useful product at all. Counting that is not worth it tbh, because we also don't know what is the rest of the product, if it's about 6-7% SN. What effect on a body has ingesting this massive bulk of this product? Because you'd need heck a lot of it. If it's for example table salt, you're almost guaranteed to puke and/or give yourself severe symptoms from salt poisoning. If there's 6% of SN in your product, you'd have to consume 100g of it to get 6g of SN, and you want 25g is SN. That means that you'd have to consume around 400g of this product to achieve 25g. Haven't calculated it properly, because it's so ridiculous amount that it's not worth it. Imagine how much water would be needed to dissolve it, and how impossible would it be to keep it all down. Or ingest at all. Unfortunately if you read the manufacturers info about the SN amounts etc. correctly, your product is useless for ctb purposes.

Excess water is advised against in the SN method to reduce the risk of vomiting. It's not like someones body freaks out seeing some number and says "oh my gosh, too much water, I'll stay alive then".

Take care, try to decide if you want to 100% ctb, or just take an attempt I've never heard of an attempt making persons life better. I hope you'll find either a motivation to live, or a method of ctb that works for you.

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
Okay, SN seems to be the best method for me right now, but I can only get it from one place because I can't have it delivered to my place of residence.

Unfortunately, the only bits of SN on said place are ones that have very low percentages.

There is a product with a percent of 6.25% SN, but I'll round down to 6 to be safe and cause it's easier

In Stan's guide to SN, its said that you need >95% percent of SN, and 25 grams of it, but would it still be able to work with 6%, if I just had more of it?

Here comes the calcs, I don't know if it makes sense, so tell me.

96 percent of 25 grams = 24 grams

6% of 400 = 24 (I'm thinking if it has 96% SN in 25 grams, the pure SN in it is 24 grams, so I just needed to see how many grams with a 6% SN concentration would give me 24 grams, which is 400 grams)

So idk if this is right, but does this mean, instead of 25 grams of 96% SN, I can use 400 grams of 6%?

Stan's guide also says that it be in 50 mL of water, would it matter if its more water? Ik it'll be more dilute, but I'm still taking the same amount of SN. Should I increase it proportionally?:

If its 25 grams in 50 mL, then that would be equal to 400 grams in 800 mL (400/25 = 16, 16 * 50 = 800)

Anyone who's smarter than me please tell me if it makes any sense, and if this would actually work
No. It won't work, even if you can keep it down. You need a much higher concentration (more than 98%) dissolved in 50 ml of water. Too much of the salt, combined with too much water will make you vomit it all. Don't overthink it. Just look at the guide. It depends on how much you weigh, so pay attention to that.